Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
There's no such thing as ethical training under catching 'em all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Honestly, I'm just hoping that battles, whether via this apparent Gym rework or when PVP drops this summer, have more incentives and social interaction other than, "I guess you can find some team members on Facebook maybe and take down a buggy gym to get a dimes-worth of in-app currency."

...and just a hint of strategy. Bring back immunities; who cares if a granddad can't wrap his head around why his Hyper Beam can't damage a Gengar.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

Louisgod posted:

e: nothing for an hour and a half of squatting. Gyms are dumb.

Check your overall coin count; apparently it's now 1 coin per hour.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Yeah, still can't get coins until your 'mon is defeated and given back. Interesting change, though I'm quick to be cynical; looks drat near impossible to make bank unless you're constantly defending your gym with berries.

Though cool thing is team bonuses while spinning your team gym's pokestop. I got a 10k egg as an "extra" item than the usual 3 items per stop.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
AR Kit can't come soon enough. Need me some real-life Pokemon Amie/Snap for hilarious Instagrams and Snapchats until the novelty wears off...

...like all the other features of this game.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
I guess I sorta see what the "incentive" is for attacking gyms—increase your Gym Badge experience to get Bronze/Silver/Gold, which in turn will net you more items. If your team is holding down that gym, you get even more items. Problem is, more items doesn't seem to be as rewarding as getting rarer items. I wouldn't mind taking down gyms on the regular, if the reward bonus for all my hard work is spinning at least a few Lucky Eggs/Incense/Lures/Evolution items as a Gold/Team bonus.

Chairman Mao posted:

Stardust. I would murder every goddamn pokemon in sight for even a tiny trickle of stardust. It would make sense too, give players what they need to level up their pokemon by having them battle.

That would be aces.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Can't wait to hear trip reports of these level 40 "dedicated" trainers attack persuade kids, families and seniors into catching Grass types at Grant Park.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Can confirm. Just captured an Articuno in Alameda!

Edit:

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 23, 2017

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude

DizzyBum posted:

I've had surprise raids pop up while I'm about to do normal gym stuff so many times it's ridiculous. I like raid eggs and having a heads up beforehand.

Likewise. I absolutely hated walking to a gym, which was clear for raids when I leave the house, only to have a raid start when I arrive.

Plus, nerds will always congregate to a raid for their somewhat-high IV pokemon, even if the window is 1 hour, 30 minutes, or 5 hours.

Edit:

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Raids are stupid with and without eggs.

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
Look at this wrong answer right here.

...Then look at these awesome guys:

(Whether or not they're good in the game is anyone's guess, but odds are you'll only see Metagrosses, Slakings, and Salamences in Gyms in the future)

SirBukkake fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 19, 2017

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
If this started now, LA would be teeming with Torkoal and Torchics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirBukkake
Aug 24, 2006
Idk some black dude
LOL weeeeeelp—Apparently someone found a Slaking in the wild; 3248 CP with much to spare.

• Locked thread