Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Febreeze posted:

Was Julius Thomas really that bad in Jax? How much of it was just a product of the team

http://twitter.com/ColeFartley/status/833457046653718529

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Feb 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I'd take the under on Percy

For the rest of his life

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Cutler is exactly the kind of guy who gets FO's and coaches fired. Good enough to not be a scapegoat, bad enough to throw games away.

firing coaches and FOs you say

*Jed York rubs hands together*

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kalli posted:

AP is old, expensive and missed two of the last three seasons with injury. Maybe he's got a good year left in him, but older running backs have a terrible history, and he isn't a good receiving option, so he can't even even give you those like LdT on the Jets years.

I don't know what he'll be offered, but I think for most teams in the league the better option would be using a mid/late first or 2nd day pick on a running back if they need one.

Uhhhhhhh one of those missed seasons was due to injury but it wasn't his own.

it was his son's scrotum

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kaepernick is not a Niner anymore... until he comes crawling back.

But for now, I'm free. I'm free! No more dumb arguments about him. No more 6/$126 million jokes. No kneeling jokes.

I'm free.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

If the 49ers run out Alshon, Garcon, Torrey with Kirk Cousins slinging it behind a rebuilt o-line in 2018

Be.

Still.

My.

Beating.

Heart.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

fsif posted:

Nooooo the Cutler/Marshall III dream is dead

There is... another...

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

why does Washington hate Kirk Cousins so goddamn much

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Forever_Peace posted:

lol go home Buffalo you're drunk.

I thought you loved Gillislee

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I read it backwards that tendering him at all was dumb :downs:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I just got off a cross country flight and when I get off this connector Cousins might be a niner.

God.

Is.

Good.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I literally can't think of a more awkward way to put that tweet together.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

sharknado slashfic posted:

Just call him Juice, it's how we got around it.

When I wanted the Niners to get him I was ready to make "The Constant Consonant" a thing.

But instead we kept drunken old man beater Bruce Miller because you guys took him a spot before us.

Edit: also you dudes need to understand how contracts work. That Garcon contract isn't weird. Mort put it in an awkward way to make the Niners look stupid.

If you have a basic, fundamental grasp of NFL contracts it's not weird at all.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Since this hissy fit might end with the 49ers getting Cousins for a song, I'll allow it

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

No Butt Stuff posted:

Rapsheet thinks that the signing of Hoyer means they won't trade for Cousins.

Uh....why?

Teams are allowed only one qb on the roster it's a weird quirk of the cba but here we are.

That or it's just a stop gap to 2018 and Cousins is just gonna play out his tag and bolt.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

gently caress YES CONSTANT CONSONANT

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

He was on the Falcons last season

Yeah full circle. He takes off his Falcons uniform after the Super Bowl, walks out of Falcons HQ, around it, back into the building, and inks his contract.

Turned his life around 360 degrees

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

:sigh: dammit Jed

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

John wat r u doin

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/839647955502120960

you son of a bitch stay off my goddamned football team

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/MikeClayNFL/status/839594755826806790

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson/status/839917359968157698

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Condolences on your Brock Osweiler, Browns

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Kalli posted:

Brock should get released and go be a backup on... who'd be funniest? Colts? Patriots? Broncos?

49ers. Backs up Hoyer. The man he got his massive contract to replace in Houston.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Benne posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/840060671530323969

Well he did throw 14 interceptions in just 6 starts, that's certainly impressive.

Oh what the gently caress

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

*posts the image of literally five different guys wide open ending with RG3 eating a sack*

No idea what happened to him tbh

Before November 25, 2013
237 yards/gm. 1.36 TD/0.6 INT. 7.44 rush/gm, 6.24 YPC. 2 sacks/gm

After November 25, 2013
181 yards/gm. 0.47 TD/0.65 INT, 5.24 rush/gm, 5.73 YPC, 4.14 sacks/gm

November 25, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LhXHQ91qME

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Cian Fahey's current "no you're wrong check out these Cherry Picked Videos" this week is Mike Glennon

http://twitter.com/Cianaf/status/840268351851155456

His highlight is a highlight because Earl Thomas broke for a second

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

SKULL.GIF posted:

Even Osweiler has had good passes, one single play is evidence of jack poo poo

I watched the other two plays Fahey posted. Glennon throws with his entire body for 20 yard passes. His evasion and agility can be described as "newborn gazelle". This is evidence of good quarterbacking?

Cian Fahey is bad

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

Best case scenario: Kyle bombs badly in SF and is fired as York struggles to be even more toxic than Haslam, the Texans hire him at OC and Kirk signs with them

I can't imagine a world where the 49ers would have 5 head coaches in 5 years but in a more realistic sense I can absolutely see this happening.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/840342826785353728

RIP Jared Cook

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder what is a Don Jones

https://twitter.com/49ers/status/840409000042729473

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Intruder posted:

He has 15 career tackles in 4 seasons

GET HYPE SAN FRAN

e: Not only has he been on five teams, he's had a different number for each one. lmao

Nice.

Pumped for this dude who won't make the 53

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

I want nothing more than Cutler to come to the Browns and start over Brock.

And have it all be on Hard Knocks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Diva Cupcake posted:

Chase Daniel is 30 years old and has thrown fewer than 80 passes in his career.

And he's made $19 million.

Not a bad gig.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

The "it is your birthday." of free agent tweets

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

King Hong Kong posted:

Wilhoite is a career depth player who only starts because the 49ers LB corps got annihilated and continues to be ravaged so who cares where he signs?

A body shop I go to regularly said Michael Wilhoite went to get his car taken care of there and wanted to use a pseudonym

Nobody cares, Michael Wilhoite

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Jared Cook is loving garbage hth

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Okay: Jared Cook is good for 2-3 great games a year. You will throw your remote at a wide open drop probably once a game. He will disappear for a month straight.

He's incredibly frustrating but has good measurables so people think he's better than he is because they strap on blinders outside of those 2-3 great games.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Congrats on your gadget qb, Oakland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Time for a reunion

• Locked thread