Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grittybeard posted:

I think it's half he doesn't want to sign with them, wants to hook back up with Shanahan and he's let them know that. Plus the 49ers can give Cousins all of their money since Shanahan is running the show.

Which of course means Washington should raid the 49ers draft picks, but instead I guess they think they can win now? I don't loving know, the Skins are a mess.

Washington FO is a joke, Gruden is probably a lame duck and doesn't realize it, and Cousins is going to get paid this year and definitely the next. It only makes sense for Cousins to milk this clown shoes organization for everything he can get before moving on to FA next year. The only way that doesn't happen is if Washington makes him the highest paid player in the NFL and that isn't going to happen.

Meanwhile whatever the gently caress is going on with our GM during the most important part of the season is just poo poo icing on this garbage cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kirk Cousins is gonna get paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaid.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Chad Dukes on CBS Sports in Washington reports that Pierre Garcon requested a trade in the middle of the season last year. The expectation is that neither receiver is coming back.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

sean10mm posted:

Who needs a quarterback, or receivers, or a GM who does anything?

:psyduck:

A few years ago getting a new GM was the only thing that stopped me from burning all my fan gear and becoming a Ravens fan. This offseason has made me seriously consider getting out the kerosene.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

At the start of the season Washington will have no GM, Cousins will be playing for San Francisco, Colt McCoy will be the starter, and every one of the draft picks that SF gave up for Cousins will already be off the team.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Grittybeard posted:

In hindsight if McCloughan really has relapsed it seems like the most predictable thing ever with the way the Skins front office and ownership works.

Yeah. This ownership is not known for competence or cohesion. It's a nepotistic shitshow and I wouldn't be surprised at all if McCloughan couldn't take the stress and had to bow out. Maybe we'll be able to maintain his services as an independent draft analyst (what he did before he became our GM), but it's clear the Washington FO is incapable of retaining talent. Hopefully Snyder will hire another GM, but given Allen's influence on the team I doubt he'll be anything more than a mouthpiece.

The organization is hosed, has always been hosed, and will always be hosed so long as Snyder is in control.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

I don't see why they would, Cousins himself is the best leverage SF has in their pursuit. Just because they signed Hoyer, doesn't mean they wouldn't also still want Cousins; Hoyer's reportedly only a 2 year deal, and they can afford two QB contracts in the short term.

Worst case scenario SF rolls with Hoyer for a season and picks up Cousins next year when Washington refuses to pay him $40M for a third franchise tag.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Coldforge posted:

Ideally, but this is still Jed York's 49ers, so the worst case scenario is Shanahan and Lynch being fired next year, Jed taking over personally as GM and Skip Bayless gets brought in as head coach with an eight year contract. Also Bowman's other knee is shredded in a freak snowboarding accident during the offseason, and every high priced FA they sign this year "retires."

There's no way York can out-Snyder Snyder.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bigass Moth posted:

SO what is the Redskins' goal of trapping Cousins for a year before he runs away instead of trading him now and drafting a new starter? They won't win the Superbowl so what's the point?

I wouldn't be surprised if Snyder demands that Gruden tank Cousin's value out of spite.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Diva Cupcake posted:

Silver seems to think Cousins to Jets is still a possibility.

https://twitter.com/MikeSilver/status/839918240620949505

One time!

Holy poo poo that would be the most Snyder-esque move ever.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

wandler20 posted:

Sounds like the Bucs are signing another Redskin, Chris Baker. Probably a decent rotational pickup. Any skins fans know more about him?

Awesome player. Solid starter for Washington, one of the key players fans were hoping we'd get back (LOL). 18th ranked inside defender according to PFF. You're getting a great guy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

The Browns are terrible at football.

The Redskins are terrible at everything.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Holy fuuuuuuuuuuck.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Diva Cupcake posted:

what the gently caress is going on

We just learned the monetary value of a 2nd round pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Intruder posted:

The best part of this is that a huge chunk of Brock's guaranteed money was that his salary for 2017 is fully guaranteed so this actually only costs $6m in dead money I think

I dont see why, they have to pay him either way

He's such a bad QB that they don't even want him as a camp arm.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cousins did.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Quiet Feet posted:

Was just listening to WEEI on the way back frpm grocery shoppimg and think I must have missed something. Did the Browns trade for Brock Osweiler and then immediately release him? Am I on drugs?

They haven't released him yet, but Houston gave them a 6th, 2nd, and Brock for a 4th. So basically Cleveland bought a draft pick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Watch Pryor sign with Washington as a QB.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh for gently caress's sake.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Who? Someone tell me how lovely this is.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL/status/839953419058102272

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/839954583464128512

Nobody wants Lacy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Way to ensure people want to play here you dumb gently caress.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

gently caress this stupid team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SKULL.GIF posted:

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/16/washington-redskins-nfl-dysfunction-scot-mccloughan-dan-snyder-bruce-allen

Essentially McCloughan wasn't a loving hidebound idiot and that pissed off Allen who wanted things to be done traditionalistically, then it got even worse because McCloughan was succeeding.

The Redskins fired a successful GM because he tried to get everyone involved instead of meekly submitting to the Established Hierarchy.

gently caress this stupid team. It really does belong in Washington.

• Locked thread