Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

proof of concept posted:

maybe it will include Track & Field so the OP can get some exercise stomping on the pad thing lol

lmao

also how the gently caress is dq 1&2 32 gigs, lol

is it just uncompressed video or what, this is a nintendo console so don't tell me "high quality textures and models"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

whomupclicklike posted:

Who else plans to wait and see on the Switch?

i cannot wait to see what exciting new takes on mario brothers it has

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

eric posted:

It's called switch because when you see it at your local gamestop you switch directions and buy a ps4

um ps4 doesn't have exciting mario game 2017 so

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grant DaNasty posted:

sorry, i thought you said "depants"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

Oh God the Xbox 360 hard drives were the biggest loving ripoffs. It was like $100 for a 60 gig :wtc:

I'm surprised that there exists / at one time existed a bigger ripoff than Vita memory cards, wow.

I say that despite being that guy that blew $100 on an import 64 gig card. God I hope with people hacking the Vita deeper and deeper someone figures out USB mass storage, so I can feel worse about that decision.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

ElGroucho posted:

"It's a-me! A dumb-a bastard-o!"

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

Nintendo Switch? More like Nintendo Bitch :smug:

this but ironically, and also unironically ironically

also there has been no good metroid game since super metroid, nintnedo if you make a good 2d metroid again I'll buy your silly plastic box

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

*Hires the mighty No. 9 guy to make it*

lmao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that controller looks awkward and uncomfortable as gently caress

I have giant hands and I'm trying to contort them into how I imagine I'd hold it and lol no thanks

I also prefer the original, enormous first gen xbox controller so v:shobon:v

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Maybe it's Nintendo's way of telling you assholes you're too old to play video games
With your man hands and fat fingers

gently caress.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Mammal Sauce posted:

And you can softmod them now.

lol really, like I knew you could get into wii mode, but like you can actually run things in wiiu mode? If so I'm totally going to buy one off craigslist or something

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Jimmy Hats posted:

Phantom Hourglass was the best zelda and you're a giant idiot + have a small dick

Link to the Past, and my dick is slightly disappointing

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bradzilla posted:

ah yes, sega hits since 2001 such as:

Yakuza series motherfucker

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rutibex posted:

you can play DS games on your phone

counterpoint: touch controls [like touch controls for d pad and buttons] are loving terrible

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rutibex posted:

thats what this is for my man!

I've got a SFC30 snes bluetooth controller thing with a phone clip on it why have I never thought to use it with DS emulators gently caress

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Blue Raider posted:

i wish nintendo would unfuck itself and just make a console that plugs into a tv and nothing else, and is controlled by a wireless controller that looks like it wasnt conceived by a tard with 10 kinds of palsy

orrrrr just make things for other companies that know how to make consoles and or the pc

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Guy Goodbody posted:

Red Dead Redemption is really, really overrated.

Worst and most incorrect post

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

JediTalentAgent posted:

A few years ago it seemed like you can't launch a portable system for $250+ given how reaction to the Vita and 3DS were in sales. If this is going to eventually be seen as a portable system with a console price tag, having it do double duty as a console seems to make sense. But if this turns out to be just really a great portable system for people, and that's it, I wonder if it will launch big, have a slow adoption rate after that and then get a massive drop to something like $200 or less.

if sony hadn't been dumb as gently caress about memory on the Vita, and would've offered TV out via the expansion port on the first gen Vitas, it would've easily been worth the price, it's a great system that Sony couldn't resist loving up because Sony

it just occurred to me that the Vita TV should've been what the dock for the switch is apparently trying to be, it should've just been a dock that had upscaled video output and charging and USB ports for controllers

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Teikanmi posted:

from the switch reddit LOL

I cannot imagine how insufferable this person is to deal with / work with

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Batterypowered7 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-mFODSa2VM

Nindies, guys. Indies for Nintendo.

E: Holy gently caress, this thing is nearly twenty minutes long.

"nindies" oh good lord

e. though I do look forward to emulating that blaster master game on something else

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmaaaao

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Applewhite posted:

I still play Yoshi's Island on SNES and it's literally better than any game that will ever come out on switch.

same but original super mario world

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Professor SJW posted:

same but Shaq Fu

I cannot argue with this, I've been outdone.

also if Nintendo did a Netflix for old games it would make them Scrooge McDuck money but I imagine the licensing has got to be difficult, though I wonder about that since Nintendo was kind of known for their licensing deals back in the day

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

The Vita is a cool console that has 2 major design flaws that ruin the whole thing.

Proprietary, way too pricey storage, and not having the exact same controls as a PS3/Ps4, making Remote Play sketchy at best.

Also: back touch pad lmao

good thing barely anything uses it / requires it

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Meh, it's not really a flaw. It doesn't affect anything

Well, true. I guess it's just a funny design thing.

Here's a nice flaw in the Vita TV: blacklisting of Vita titles which work totally fine on it when said blacklist is removed.

Some of them are due to hardware differences, like Touch My Katamari is blocked, but if I recall it played perfectly fine when I tried it, you just couldn't do the touch stuff as easily [touch can be emulated using the DS3 or via the DS4 touch pad].

Lumines though? Why block that? Eat dongs, Sony. t:mad:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Vita TV is garbage.

I actually remote play on my Vita from my PS4 on the occasion I don't need triggers or analog stick presses and it's a fantastic feature. It just doesn't work on a ton of games due to missing controls

I like the Vita TV now that it's been hacked, it's a tiny little device that can run PS1, Vita, and emulate everything up to PS1. Of course the raspberry pi can do all of that except play Vita titles and it doesn't require atrociously expensive memory cards, too bad I didn't realize this until recently

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

And the framerate is so bad that it will pause for over a second whenever there's a big explosion etc

lmao the switch is my computer from 5 years ago

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bitmap posted:

lol I cant even buy breath of the wild for my wii U because I live in a different region from where I bought it gently caress my gay life

region locking lol

a cursory google search says the switch won't be region locked, so hooray for that I guess?

e. lmao from Nintendo's site

quote:

Does the Wii U Have Region Encoding?

Applies to: Wii U Deluxe, Wii U Basic

Yes, Wii U systems are region locked.

Region locking enables Nintendo to include parental controls and more efficiently deliver region-specific system and menu updates to users.

In order to make the process convenient for users, we will be as flexible as possible with how we define each region. For example, Europe is being defined as one region.

the gently caress does region locking have to do with parental controls

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Serak posted:

• Left wireless controller regularly desyncs as well as losing responsiveness when covered by hand/not aimed directly at TV
  • Can't charge controllers while playing on TV without a $30 accessory
  • Can't lay the system down while it's in the stand
  • No ethernet in $90 stand which is literally nothing more than a fancy breakout box for HDMI + power socket.
  • Can't charge while using the flip-out stand as power socket is on bottom
  • Comes with 32GB of storage, of which 7GB is already used by the operating system
  • Games are super-compressed to fit in cartriges/suit use of memorycard storage
  • Internal specs designed to target 720p internals screen, flagship game can't achieve 30fps when running at 900p on TV
  • 3 hour battery life when off charger
  • Region Locked

Friends, I think the Switch might be bad.

but mario

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lemming posted:

Lol if you're mad that the Switch is region locked

justifications for region locking in tyool 2017 include the folllowing:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Lemming posted:

It's lol because it's not region locked

*wads up hat, throws it on the ground*

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Blue Raider posted:

the dreamcast was better than most consoles

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

a bone to pick posted:

hack that fucker and get monster hunter, mario kart, smash, and the mario party games

Also I remember the Quake port with motion control aiming was pretty cool

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rutibex posted:

Wii/Gamecube works better on emulation than N64 does, some how

Pretty sure it's due to the N64 running on some really complex/weird hardware

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Can't believe there's still no cloud or some sort of transfer of file saves etc

my guess is it's a hamfisted attempt to stop exploits by corrupting save games, but who knows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

lmao that is some avatar

• Locked thread