Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Whew. Finally we got that spot filled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh god Rick Perry is now the secretary of the Energy Department.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Jeff Sessions, eat the eggs

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Coolguye posted:

The official tunes of El Presidente consist of the Tropico 5 sound track

Gonna get me one of those union jobs.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Goddamn, life imitating The Onion

http://www.theonion.com/video/george-w-bush-debuts-new-paintings-of-dogs-friends-35799

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Admiral Ray posted:

Do you think Donald has any creative talents

Party planning

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Venom Snake posted:

New C-SPAM DF lets play starts SOON. If you want in on the new fortress quote this post.

What's DF?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Thatim posted:

I did, i lived in the hague. It was funny.

I can't decide whether it's dumb or awesome that it has "The" in the name.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah I live in The Seattle.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I don't believe it until I read it in Teen Vogue.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

my entire family has a lifetime membership to Coast 2 Coast when they offered it in the early 2000s :stare:

Coast 2 Coast owns. I used to listen to that every night when I was a kid and get scared by the people calling in claiming to be werewolves and alien abductees and poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

the most recent show I listened to had two brother monks talking about how Pope John Paul II was the antichrist

they were pretty in-depth with their reasoning and it ruled, it's something Baloogan would deeply enjoy

The thing that used to freak me out the most was the people who would call in about like "shadow people" who would freeze you in your sleep and torment you.

Then I went through a period of having sleep paralysis and realized that's what they were talking about.

Also sometimes legit scientists would go on for some reason. Those were the best shows when some astrophysicist would just talk about stars for an hour.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Oh and they had a John Titor-style time travel guy who would talk about the coming nuclear apocalypse. That would scare me a lot too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

I literally turn into Baloogan when I talk about how much I love Coast 2 Coast. it's the greatest show on the radio, period

I always try to call in on Halloween, I can tell some pretty good ghost stories

You could always tell George Noory was just good at humoring the callers but didn't really buy into it, but Art Bell was broadcasting from his hometown in the middle of the Nevada desert because he thought the government was out to get him or some poo poo.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Weeping Wound posted:

didn't he shut down his new project because he thought people were out to get him?

I think he retired more than once because he thought people were out to get him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

man, for a normal potus this would be easy:

'why are you guys going to bat for the kims? you've got to be more tired of them then we are, you have to live beside them every day.'

If it were that easy to get China to disown North Korea, it would have happened a long time ago.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

this song is....ugh...I can't stop listening

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PmZetAO5PI

It's no Cash Machine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rx0eqQl8wk

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Dem muttonchops :stare:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Hodgepodge posted:

the downside of videogame chat is that everyone has poo poo opinions about video games

ME3 was really good. It was the best ME game until the last 5 minutes. Anyone who lets a lovely ending ruin an awesome game for them is a big baby.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

if somme i still on netflix its a fun documentary to watch with friends

bsically getting certified as a sommelier is bullshit and a bunch of dumb bros champ out in front of thier girlfriends shouting, 'Oh gently caress this is TOTALLY southern Nice bordeaux circa 1989 I can totally taste it!"

then they go to an ancient and wizened sommeliers home and he servves them thunderbird and they all think it's some southern german blended wine from the mid 90s and it turns out the sommelier test is a giant scam where they try to figure out how many times youre willing to pay $10k to take the test

they literally dont even tell you how well you ddid on the test you get an email that says "Pass? Yes? [ ] No? [ ]"

Had a tasting at the HQ of some big wine company and their head sommelier guy was explaining to us how to taste wine and he got to the "legs" of the wine, which is how much it sticks to the side when you swirl it around, and someone asked him what it means when a wine has one kind of legs vs. another kind of legs and he was just like "I don't know. It's just something to talk about when you're tasting."

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

the only time i have ever beeen to a restaurant with as ommelier was when iw ent to vegas with my grandpa to help him host an industry convention booth at an industry convention thing. not like im fancy i just know enough to gladhand and get someone to swipe their convention card, which is like capturing someones contact info for future business poo poo

we went to the fancy restaurant at the bellagio thats behind the water jets that shoot out water to the tune of sinatra's "luck don't be a oval office tonight" and he gave us all wine recommendations with our main courses. mine was venison and i got something red

our appetizer was literally a fancy tater tot. it was delicious but it was basically a tater tot skin fried perfectly so that the potato bisque inside was still liquidy.

the whole time i was like "wtf? wtf is this? this is so much pageantry and showmanship for a single loving tater tot i cant even"

Man I don't know what the problem is here. I'd go to Vegas for a dope-rear end tator tot

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

Pennsylvania was cancelled tomorrow

Rip

It had a good run as a state, but we all knew Pennsylvania wasn't pulling its weight. I'm glad someone finally had the guts to pull the plug.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The beaches in Texas get better and better as you go further south. Port Aransas (Corpus Christi) is the first acceptable one.

Only idiots and Houston suburbanites go to Galveston.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

ArmZ posted:

only idiots go to texas.

Them's fighting words

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

cumshitter posted:

im gonna lol if global warming sinks the rest of the earth and trump era childrewn who become border agents are turning away boats of european and australian refugees from the peaks of applachian mountains because AMERICA FIRST

Those people are white so they'll get right in no problem

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Michael Bayleaf posted:

I don't think Donald Trump would make a good prez lol. Not that it would ever happen

Haha, yeah he'd all call up the Supreme Court and be like "You're fired" and they'd be like "It doesn't work that way"

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yinlock posted:

FLORIDACANADA UPDATE: 'Balloonatic' gets $26.5K fine for 'unconscionably stupid' lawn chair flight over Calgary

Canada got its own Larry Walters?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Yeah I just watched that last night. That's how I knew the dude's name. It's pretty dope though.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Is she OK? :ohdear:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Movies have not gotten better over time. Unless you're into CGI billion dollar fuckfests.

TV and video games have very much improved though.

EDWARD BALLS has also improved over time.

Old movies suck all they did was film plays and they're black and white and it's all yap yap yap boooooooooorrrrrrringggggg

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I mean, my family got murdered because Trump sent them back to Syria, but I do like tax cuts, soooooooo

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Montasque posted:

Look at the works of Adam Sandler. It's obvious that his older work is much better than his newer films.

Theory busted.

Have you even seen The Do-Over?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Turdfuzz posted:

stayed up 4 like 30hrs then slept 4 like 2hrs n im wide awake again :/

Do more meth

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Did Rachel Maddow break the Trump administration yet? I thought she was gonna do that today

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

He means flare instead of flair

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There were a couple big terror attacks during the campaign and he made himself look like an rear end both times.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

zegermans posted:

Is it possible to learn this power?

User control panel is the fourth link on the white row of links at the top. Bookmark threads by pressing the star at the bottom left of a thread.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
We're gonna look back fondly on this time because eventually Trump's team will find the biggest shithead in every federal department, and they'll rat on everyone they suspect of being a Democrat, and the government will be totally purged of anyone competent.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Intel&Sebastian posted:

Competence is basically a Dem/enemy trait to them now anyway so even non Dems are gonna get booted.

It's completely inexorable. I mean think of the U.S. attorney firings, but slower and for every single federal agency.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

euphronius posted:

It's a lot harder to fire civil service

Us attorneys are not civil service

Is it actually, or are there just norms and courtesies that usually protect them? Because all that poo poo is out the window.

• Locked thread