Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Epic High Five posted:

just ate 12 eggs, soon i'll pound a pre-workout, then I'll go pump some iron then come back and get tipsy on sherry

life man

who the gently caress knows

Nice try, Marquis de Condorcet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Grondoth posted:

Why is this thread title so dramatic

Is it all finally over

It's WaPo's new sub-header lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

zegermans posted:

I hate this person so much

This is What Conservatives Would Look Like if They Had Evolved To Survive Antifa

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

shiksa posted:

back the gently caress up, bucko

It's a good song but Aretha Franklin's version kills theirs. Even has Duane Allman playing slide guitar.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

Last time my buddy and I did the circle of life but it ended up being the cinematic version so there was like 3 minutes of anaoooana and I would've felt like a real idiot if I were capable of such

lmao I'm gonna try really hard to trick someone into doing this now

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

triple sulk posted:

fwiw st peters basilica is legit probably the most beautiful interior of any building on earth

It's a real bummer I will probably never have an opportunity to visit Iran, because walking through their Nasir-ol-Molk mosque would probably be pretty drat cool:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Jose posted:

looks like a cool place to do drugs

I'd probably just get overwhelmed and lay down

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

All I know about Canada is Guy Maddin makes some neat movies and Banff has some cool mountains / hot springs. My crazy rich uncle put everybody up in the Fairmont there, which was like a literal castle in the middle of a national park.

I went to Vancouver and Quebec when I was young but I barely remember anything about it, except that there were like zero (non-American) fat people but everyone smoked.

Also my family accidentally booked a room at a gay hotel there which was pretty lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

He's def. a handsome dude but sometimes he looks odd from certain angles and I can't quite figure out what it is

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Wonder if anyone was dumb enough to leak info to the press and then just leave blatant evidence sitting around on their phone.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Big Fat Iguana posted:

Also the committee in the House currently writing the Obamacare lite bill said they have it they totally swear it's locked up in this room and we'll let a couple people see it (but not make copies) just trust us. At which point House Dems and Senate Republicans demanded to see it, and were stopped by Capitol police. Rand Paul even brought a portable copier with him. When it was proved the Bill was not in the room the House Democrats and Senate Republicans teamed up and set off on a quest to find the missing Bill, Rand with his copier and Nancy Pelosi with her dogs. The bill is still MIA and may not actually exist l

You forgot the best part, where the house minority whip went up to a bust of Abe Lincoln and started talking to it about how he couldn't find the bill.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Mar 3, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Is that supposed to be Al Gore, because if so lmao at anyone seriously still butthurt over An Inconvenient Truth in the year of our lord 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Venom Snake posted:

New C-SPAM DF lets play starts SOON. If you want in on the new fortress quote this post.

Can't wait to see what horrible fate befalls me

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

euphronius posted:

I want to watch mulhallomd drive tonight

It's probably not streaming anywhere right

It's actually on Netflix right now, oddly enough. For a long time you couldn't find it anywhere.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Alex Jones needs to grow a crazy survivalist beard, really kick it up a notch

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

"homoerotic gang of moustaches"

edit: Also nice DynCorp callout at the end, wonder if he cares about them now that Trump wants Feinberg to come "audit" intel agencies. Gonna guess he hasn't brought them up lately.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Mar 5, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I haven't seen a redcap in the wild yet either, somehow, but today I did see a pair of truck nuts. And also the guy had some kind of lock on them, which made it even funnier. I want to believe he is the victim of a string of truck nut thefts, but he's probably just a paranoid weirdo.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

It's weird how little reaction I'm seeing to this compared to the last immigration EO. Like once I realized their plan was just "make barely perceptible changes to the first one and keep making GBS threads them out until people stop caring" I though, well, yeah, that's probably going to work, actually. But I thought it would take more than once lol

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

quadrophrenic posted:

you're an alcoholic and a confirmed bachelor, you would fit in so loving hard here

What kind of jobs are actually available to random foreigners there? Is it mostly just teaching English? I know a few people that have done that in various parts of SEA and it seems to be a really hit or miss experience. Some people love it and seem to be living way more comfortably than a teacher in the states could ever dream of, and other people make it sound like hell, like they're just living in some gross shanty with no internet and a huge workload, just drinking themselves into oblivion in the not-fun way.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

So having never been part of a Dwarf Fortress game before, does being a humble fisherman mean I am less likely to be murdered by goblins? Or just that I am going to die even more pathetically while trying to defend myself with a fishing rod. Or is it just early in the game and being a fisherman doesn't really mean anything.

I have no idea how the game works but the combat logs are pretty brutal.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

They've been playing the long con this entire time and they're gonna release the piss tape

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

All the people I know who didn't vote (and weren't afraid to admit it) are still a bunch of gormless "both sides are bad" dipshits / libertarians so I fully expect the same awful turnout in 2020. Maaaaybe all of this energy will carry into the midterms, but I'm not even sure about that. Scandal fatigue seems to have set in already and if the only people who actually get out are the ones who are personally impacted, things will still be totally hosed.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

paranoid randroid posted:

in the end, Bill Mitchell was right, and i cannot stand it

Hey, don't forget Dilbert Man and Gorilla Cum Guy!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

This is my favorite summary of the health care situation so far:

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

lmao the best part is all the people in the comments clutching their pearls about that joke being "too far." Not too far for the President though!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I'm the "Fire Ants React to Hillary Clinton (Time Lapse)" video

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

They don't think they rely on them because they view their consumption of government services as grim necessity, while all others' consumption of it is thievery by lazy thugs

They assume they will be exempted from the effects because they "deserve" their benefits

Plus a lot don't even realize that their programs are government funded

How do almost 30% of people on welfare think they aren't benefiting from government programs? :psyduck:

Like ok I kinda see how someone who is kinda dumb might not connect the dots with tax credits or something, but what the hell do those people think government programs *are* if stuff like welfare and food stamps don't ring a bell? Those are literally the go-to examples even on the insane-person talk shows.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Casey Affleck putting on a lot of weight for this new role, really gunning for another Oscar nod

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

What is she thinking?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I'm the acid washed dad jeans

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I kinda want Oprah to run because tbh she'd probably win and I think Trump might literally die if he lost to her.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

MysteriousStranger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFEHlkr0lHs yeah that one went around a lot, NSFW that's the vid.

The next recommended video is "Cops shot innocent man 16 times while in bed"

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

This is from like forever ago at this point but it is really weirding me out how Alex Jones somehow has an oversized head and a dad bod at the same time. You'd think the extra weight would balance it out but

edit: Also have to say I'm kinda impressed by the sheer confidence it takes to look like that and then take off your shirt and try to sell it as an example of peak male vitality or whatever

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Mar 20, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

SKULL.GIF posted:

incredibly classic effect of steroids

lmao what the gently caress is he doing that he's taking roids and just looks like an average guy that's 10 years older than he is

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Do Dems even have the numbers to block Gorsuch though?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Gringostar posted:

requires 60 votes to confirm a SCOTUS appointment so yes

it would require 42 of them not being garbage though and :lol: at that happening

They made it sound like even if there's a fillibuster, they're just going to pull either the nuclear option or the two-speech rule and push him through anyways. But yeah more of what I meant was "are there enough Dems who are actually going to turn this into a fight to matter?" and :lol: is probably correct.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

This is all Hillary's fault. How could she possibly express herself to the voters while wearing only 15 pieces of flair

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

drat I can pay this dude hundreds of dollars to get hairy, greasy, and windchapped? Sign me the gently caress up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/842820059252776960

https://twitter.com/KenJennings/status/842525711340457984

• Locked thread