Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

age of sigmar, or aos if youre nasty, is the often maligned successor to games workshops long running warhammer fantasy battle tabletop miniature game. the transition to the new system has been a rough one to be sure. the destruction of the old world setting, and the squatting of some factions, along with sweeping changes to rules that make it play more like 40k instead of being its own distinct thing have left a lot of people bitter or disappointed

however, there are those out there that actually enjoy the new rules, settings, and factions. they may or may not have valid points, but i think its fair that they should be able to make them without being relentlessly mocked. not to say criticism is verboten, but try to be a bit more nuanced here than in the death thread

if you are dissatisfied with this op written by someone who has no vested interest in age of sigmar, and has never even played a game of warhammer fantasy outside of vermintide and the total war game, the old op is much more indepth and you can read it here

:justpost:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9SjBAbAvbk

https://i.imgur.com/jtnREvA.mp4

behold, the worst opinion

Tiger Millionaire posted:

WHFB lore was all generic fantasy poo poo, the age of sigmar lore reads like it is a mish mash of every cultures creationist legends and fuckin owns.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jan 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
your friend seems like a very rude person to act like that in a casual game

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

SteelMentor posted:

What would be the plural of SLAMBO.

Slambi? Slambles? Slambronies?

slamboners

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
im jealous of your brush control if youre writing microscopic text on purity seals

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i briefly thought about doing that, but then all the fucks left my body

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Moola posted:

ILL KILL YOU MOTHERFUKCER!!!

*autistic skeletal chattering*

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
transport it to the trash where it belongs :madmax:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Bombogenesis posted:

The only truly unforgivable sin here is those drat dice. Otherwise I honestly really like the hunter models.

woah, i didnt notice the dice. thats loving twisted tkiy

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
weirdo deathmasks should be reserved for special dudes in your army, not standard issue. if they wanted to do the muscled cuirass they shouldve gone the whole way and gave em corinthian style helms or something similar. also get rid of those dumbass wow pauldrons because holy poo poo

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
thats pretty absurd if youve already bought a bunch of overpriced gw crap and decided to use third party bits to make them look less dumb that it would disqualify you from playing in a gw tourney

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
unless you really want those treemen and lizards, spire of dawn is a much better deal if you want to dip your toe into the muck. i managed to get mine for 70 bucks on ebay, thats less than a buck per figure

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
heres some pretty cool concept art of the new age of slgmar dwarfs

original characters, do not steal!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

Me, a person who likes a sigmarines:

youre a sicko

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
that boobplate is a lot less egregious than most fantasy lady armor tends to be

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
making it a bit smaller is a way to add visual distinction to a rather bland looking faction i guess?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Atlas Hugged posted:

Surely there are ways to add visual distinction that don't involve boob plate. It's 2017. Let's move on already.

good thing i didnt say anything bout the boobplate making it visually distinct but hey man whatever. forge your own narrative and all that

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
nope, talkin bout the figure being smaller in size compared to the male stormcast

here lemme post the image so everyone can see for themselves

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMLNCXEytB4

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

scuba school sucks posted:

Hey, I don't even agree with this guy's message, but I gotta say, this is tight, dope, fresh, and probably phat. Good stuff man.

are you saying you dont believe the illuminati controls everything?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dexefiend posted:

Should I feel bad for buying a 130 dollar dung beetle?

... cuz I sure as hell don't. :fap:

this isnt the kingdom death thread

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Xlorp posted:

Roused by Magic is a hilarious side effect to have on a board covered with Wyldwoods. Which are actually d3 Citadel Woods placed 1" apart.

hahaha those fuckers have the gale to charge 88 bucks for 3x3 tree stands. never change gw!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

thanks for making a great case against both of those things

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dexefiend posted:

Ebay is working well so far. I just got 29 dollars worth of gw bases for 20 bucks.

so like 10 25mm rounds?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Pawl posted:

It's all a moot point anyway. AOS is designed this way, if you don't like it because of fundamental designs then go find a game you like and post about that instead

dont pull this poo poo in my beautiful thread, tia

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Here's a collection of Tomb King photos taken for Oath threads, 2011-2015.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/slyhatjones/V6925z

Please don't doxx me.

these are some really cool and good death rattlers and funeral shroudees :kiddo:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

$100 a box on eBay :sweatdrop:

the older metal singles are 25 a pop. still pricey, but not as bad, and not finecast

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

Got them all as part of a full-army purhcase from an embittered 7th edition Tomb Kings player, not long after 8th edition came out. I paid $70 for an entire army.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUz9xCTOPRw

that guy must be kicking himself, considering the gouging that went on after tomb kings got dusted

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Serotonin posted:

This thread has got loving boring fast. Can't you take it to the death thread. We get it, you don't like GW games, and you don't like it that others like them. Woohoo

an interesting mechanics discussion is fine, no one is attacking anyone and it means theres actual posts being made in the thread

those are some real nice monsters youve painted btw. love the terrorgeist in particular :kimchi:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
those are some sweet greenskins. love the metal and stonework especially

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

o...ornstein?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
hard to say for certain, but it looks like a lot of really nicely painted stuff. id say 800 is a pretty drat good price

e:also those are some drat fine looking khorne boys you got there green marine

Kung Fu Fist Fuck fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jun 8, 2017

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

The shape of those bases! What devilry is this!?

looks like base toppers to me

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
or maybe because the bretonnians were the easiest to proxy using cheap historical minis?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Some sort of "Last Stand" of the Bretonnians would have been absolutely incredible.

Personally, I'm waiting for some brave soul to convert a Bret army to fit in the Flesheater list.

they already had this, it was called mousillon

heres an album of some cool undead brets

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

richyp posted:

Cross-posting from painting thread.

Painted up the Blood Reavers from the Storm of Sigmar box. Probably going to do the Sigmarines next

Group Shot:

Close ups:

If it's like the same named section in the General's Handbook, it's a campaign/warband system that lets you upgrade heroes or add units to your warband based on wins/losses. I think they added more warbands (a few were added to the world I guess since the book came out) and missions etc... in the full book.

these are very nice but need more blood and skulls

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
forge your own narrative friend

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
those are some beautiful lizard boys

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

richyp posted:

Just checked the new GHB, they're 5 in there too so I guess that was a change in the new edition. I have 3 more battleline units now rather than 3 x 1/2's :)

Finished all of them so that's some more grey plastic cleared (cross-post from mini thread)

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Nurgle

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Khorne

5 Chaos Warriors with the Mark of Tzeentch

Representatives of the Chaos Skittles Warband:

really appreciate you posting your beautiful boys

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
fireforge has picked up the brettonian torch, modelwise. not that it was too hard, considering their aesthetic was 13th century france plus grail legend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
gold boils at 2500 degrees celsius, so im guessing those suits are just a way for the nudorfs to trick their stupidest members into cooking themselves alive

• Locked thread