Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Poll: Who Should Be Leader of HM Most Loyal Opposition?
This poll is closed.
Jeremy Corbyn 95 18.63%
Dennis Skinner 53 10.39%
Angus Robertson 20 3.92%
Tim Farron 9 1.76%
Paul Ukips 7 1.37%
Robot Lenin 105 20.59%
Tony Blair 28 5.49%
Pissflaps 193 37.84%
Total: 510 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Oh No!

This Is Bad For Corbyn!

Down With This Sort Of Thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Perhaps he had already welcomed him and couldn't be bothered to do it again on what is essentially a 30-minute lunch-time TV programme?

Who knows - perhaps he thinks Snell is a oval office?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

MikeCrotch posted:

Purging the yanks means we technically get to boot out BOZZA LEGERND, so therefore I'm all for it

Didn't he renounce his yankness so he could get away with not paying yank taxes, or something?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

Corbyn will three line whip against it somehow.

The amendment that is it the rude house.

Go home Pissflaps, you're drunk.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

The vote breakdown is quite interesting:

quote:

Breakdown of the vote

The House of Lords has just published the breakdown showing how peers voted.

For the amendment

Labour: 165

Lib Dems: 93

Crossbenchers: 78

Others: 13

Conservatives: 7 (Lady Altmann, Lord Bowness, Lord Cormack, Viscount Hailsham, Lord Livingston of Parkhead, Earl Selborne and Lady Wheatcroft)

Bishops: 2

Against the amendment

Conservatives: 213

Crossbenchers: 30

Others: 10

Bishops: 3

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

namesake posted:

Why is it interesting? That's basically how they voted in the Commons, only the proportions of people is different.

Dunno, I suppose I just found it interesting that all the Labour peers voted for the amendments and wanted something to say in the body of the post. I apologise for posting something that actually turned out to be something very uninteresting.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I wonder if Baron Lloyd-Webber managed to turn up?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

A vowel, a consonant, a vowel, another vowel, a consonant and a final consonant please Carol.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

A parcel got signed for by my neighbour and they're shouting through the door that they aren't going to open up, so, confused.

Set fire to the building, you obviously can't or won't negotiate with these people.

For gently caress's sake, you're posting in UKMT.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

mfcrocker posted:

Wait, when did we start taking council by-elections seriously again? I missed the memo.

It's taken seriously when Labour loses.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Diamond Brexit?

Graphene Brexit?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Does Jeremy fill these things in himself, or does he have an Accountant?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

How about we accept that he has an opinion and his background in science neither makes
him the final arbiter on all subjects nor a 'science man' idiot who should be ignored.

This seems a reasonable position to take.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

fridge corn posted:

I wonder what jeremy corbyns favourite anime is

I bet he considers them bullshit nonsense children's cartoons.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Jippa posted:

I found this pretty interesting from Samuel L Jackson.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39192560/samuel-l-jackson-dont-cast-british-actors-in-films-about-us-race-relations

Also I haven't seen get out yet but it's supposed to be really good so I feel I need to go and see it before it gets spoiled.

Mr Jackson obviously hasn't seen the episode of Downton Abbey where the posh girl fancied the jazz singer and how well that went down.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Sorry man, that is not a proper link to what Jeremy actually said and is therefore completely false and bad for Corbyn.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Keep it British, keep it Anaal Nathrakh.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pochoclo posted:

Boorman's Excalibur is a great movie and I refuse to accept this desecration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSCqnqET8bo

[edit] Jan 30 1965 State funeral of Winston Churchill at St Paul's Cathedral in London. Largest ever state funeral.

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 13, 2017

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

forkboy84 posted:

I went to London to see them do their second ever live show way back when '05 or '06 at the Underworld-. It was fun & quite novel, except Axis of Perdition had to withdraw as the support band meaning I've never been able to see them live and that is sad. Then they started playing all the time and the last time I saw them I fell asleep. Which makes it the second show I've ever fallen asleep at.

I remember them saying they could never play live with any regularity because they were just so metal and heavy and they did occasional shows with the bass player from Napalm Death and then boom, put a band together and touring!

[edit2] not UK, and not grindcore, but Scott Hull is the riff master and should be appreciated!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHx02wmSf3c&t=166s

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Mar 13, 2017

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Red Oktober posted:

I really want it to succeed now, I'd never be so happy in my life as to be wrong about the disaster it's going to be. But, no, no-one will learn any lesson at all, because it's never their fault. Remember: Brexit cannot fail, it can only be failed. It's those filthy remoaners fault for not getting behind it.

It won't even be the filthy remoaners fault, it will be Corbyns fault.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Parsnips are great! Roast 'em with a drizzle of honey, mmmm, lovely!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

jBrereton posted:

Yvette Cooper for head of the party? Yes? No?

Which one is she again - the one who uses computers?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Firos posted:

So it turns out I booked an appointment with an Osteopath thinking that it was actually a physiotherapist. Do I cancel and book with a real physio or is it basically fine?

I'm just looking for some to help me sort my extremely tight hamstrings.

I hope that whatever you may decide, you get a happy ending.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

My choice is between labour or nobody. My local mp is a good lad and anti Corbyn so I'll probably vote for him.

What if he were a good lad and supported Corbyn; what would you do then?

Surely in by-elections, you vote for the MP that will best represent and serve your local area in Parliament. So, for example, you would still vote for this hypothetical Corbyn supporting "good lad".

[edit] speeling not so gud

Dead Goon fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 16, 2017

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

Then my decision would be a lot easier.

It's up to me on what basis I vote.

Of course, just a hypothetical what-if kinda thing.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

A 'no you' and a 'you're a Tory' in one sentence. Lovely stuff.

Though didn't the Dutch just vote for a centre right coalition last night ?

Are The Netherlands in The United Kingdom?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

Why did mfcrocker attempt to fake news me?

For the lolz maybe?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Are the Dutch trying to construct an unbreakable password for their interwebz browsing?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

We lease the Trident missiles - would you continue to pay the lease on something you had no intention of using and even then, had no way of using anyway (seeing as you have scrapped the launch system)?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

A Malgorithm in the printed-press!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

JFairfax posted:

Pissflaps, instead of posting why don't you do something for your community, or join your local Labour Party. Or volunteer at a food bank or soup kitchen?

He's got at least 4 or 5 different threads to troll, how's he gonna find time to actually do something that matters?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

radmonger posted:

Yes, every competent politician is going to be able to see how things will work out. If you stand against Corbyn, 50% plus of the (internal) electorate will immediately and irrevocably conclude that you are a backstabbing neoliberal charisma-free Blairite war criminal. Which gives you less chance of becoming Labour leader than Corbyn has of becoming PM.

The problem is not personal, it is structural. It is like someone built a slalom course where the best Olympic skiers couldn't get through.the first two gates.

Why should I, as a member of The Labour Party, vote for Clive Lewis?

If it is because he was one of ARE BRAVE BOYS then sorry, lost me already.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Fangz posted:

Why not?

Because they aren't.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Lunar Suite posted:

Then how do I choose one from the bunch, if they're all carefully tailored to have.. no personality other than Politics(r) Brand Natural Human Warmth (no artificial colours).
Khan's the one who appears to have been consistently keeping up with people, reporting what he's doing and requesting information and doing something resembling data-driven policy... but "I know this one!" seems like a bad way of picking your representative. I want to base my decisions on facts, not feelings.

Round this way, there is usually a flyer or two shoved through the letterbox that lays out what the candidate claims they are going to do.

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Saudi Arabia is on the list, bit risky - piss them off and who will we sell weapons to?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Wasn't TTIP one of the first things The Donald scrapped?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

forkboy84 posted:

Why?

The Beeb had Quentin Letts on over the phone, explaining what he saw from his window. His eye-witness testimony was very valuable because he described a man carrying "what might have been a stick".

Edit: Apologies, I misquoted Mr Letts from my memory. Have found a transcript. The phrase was "He had something in his hand, it looked like a stick of some sort"

Perhaps it was a really sharp stick?

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Pissflaps posted:

Because people were dying and fighting for their lives in an attack on the same institution they were debating.

So, the terrorists win?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Seaside Loafer posted:

loving great, thats that then innit, mega double down on all the everyone who isnt a british bulldog rhetoric forever. I actually hope they were the IRA

What an incredibly stupid loving to even think, let alone say.

• Locked thread