Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Memento posted:

lol, the MMA Junkie link http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-209 goes to 208. The link http://mmajunkie.com/events/ufc-208 goes to their 404 page.

Also I hosed up the title. You wish you could post like me.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If your name is as unique as lando you dont get a nickname

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Im really shocked that a time has come where GSP v Bisping is happening, and bisping is both the champ and the favorite

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Bisping can get hosed hes stupid and its really dumb whats happenning, but also im enjoying how weird it is. conflicted

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
idk if romero can make it another year without getting caught roiding again

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
extremely interested

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I cant even wrap my head around what that means. If two guys on losing streaks fight, the loser gets cut sounds like every time two guys on losing streaks fight

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

Yoel lost to Jacare and cheated with corner shenanigans in two of his last 4 fights. Also, he's on steroids. gently caress him.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

When will exciting company demian maia finally get his first title shot before time runs out

me too

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

david carmichael posted:

Yeah for a steroid life long wrestler he's exceptionally weak which always makes me wonder if he really does have awful balls. But then also I remember an interview where he didn't believe that anyone else trained for more than one hour per day, and tahts why it was so easy to keep a day job

He based everything off leben

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

He exists and goes by the name gleison tibau

tibau is extremely good at taking even great wrestlers down but hes dumb/heartless/gassless/some combo

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

I.N.R.I posted:

Getting reports on line that Khabib has just now showed up and weighed in at 69lbs

lol

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Have a ceremony with Dana giving Tony the belt

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

I.N.R.I posted:

i personally think its time for a crusade against letting fighters cut too much weight

now would be the perfect time to change the weight classes to make them 10 lbs apart , since there isnt a champ worth a poo poo except hw

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Ditch posted:

There is more than enough talent for there to be an additional division from 155-185. Not so much for adding a 195 though.

I think 130, 140, 150, 160, 170, 180, 190, 205 would be ideal. Flyweight would get more depth and new challengers for MMDJ, and both the 160 and 180 divisions would be sweet spots for a bunch of fighters.

195 did work out so Rich Franklin, Wanderlei Silva, and Vitor Belfort didn't have to cut to 185 a few times.

if you switch to 10s you only get to keep 170. if you go from 135 to 145 etc you get to keep more.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
hes mentally weak

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
johnsons got talent and skill but he finds ways to lose

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

CommonShore posted:

Evans vs Kelly is 2017's version of Werdum vs Russow.

Okay lets hear this one

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

CommonShore posted:

Dad bod fighter on a streak taking a gigantic leap up in quality of opposition.

Also gently caress you.

:D

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
yeah chaels kinda intelligent and not 11 feet tall so its not like tim sylvias brain forgetting to tell him his bones exploded

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Remember when Rockhold, jacare, Romero, and Weidman meant 2-3 years of all time classic fights ahead of us in a couture-ortiz-liddell esque golden age for MW

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Rigel posted:

Bisping hosed everything up. There's no way in hell Rockhold fights Hendo. Maybe they work in a vanity Silva fight somewhere in there, but a real contender would likely have contested it by now, and I don't think GSP would have wanted to fight the other guys.

I blame Rockhold cuz he was so cocky.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Marching Powder posted:

bisping is the best bit about all of this

I am enjoying this too, and this is more mma to have it become a travesty, but I hope we still get some more matchups between the big 4

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Captain Log posted:

I still want to know when this forum started to give a poo poo about ranking decided by loving "industry insiders."

fd would self quote himself at you, RIP

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
anderson is weird

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
I want Lombard to get fired, and Vitor also

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bluedeanie posted:

On one hand I agree, but both guys are in a class where leaving the ufc would probably significantly improve their career and bottom lines, so I am OK with them hanging around in the ufc to make no money off sponsorships and be drug tested regularly while losing to increasingly lower-ranked opponents.

Okay thats a pretty good point but I want lombard to wash out so we can say he washed out of the ufc, not that talented afterall

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

El Roncho posted:

I want a full blown Drug League where guys represent the gear they're on rather than any martial art. We could find out The Ultimate Enhancer.

Id watch at least 1 card

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

manyak posted:

Its true that MW is better now than when Silva was champ but the only 'new breed' guy hes fought is Weidman who killed him twice so idk. I dont think Bisping, Nick diaz, and Derek brunson are really much better than like 2007 era Dan henderson, Rich franklin and.. Bisping

completely agree. theres a lot of extra roidy guys at MW right now in that new breed

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

vainman posted:

Reach is pretty obviously a big advantage and every champ except for mighty mouse has some of the longest arms in their division

Im really sad someone had to post reach is an advantage

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Serious Q: Is a reach advantage an advantage?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Could someone please source that an advantage is a positive thing

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

kensei posted:

I dunno man, it's kind of a reach to ask that

If your arms were too short to armbar,,,, would SHORT arms be a different kind of reach advantage?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Longer arms might help outside of a fight too, like if you had to reach into a car wreck to pull out your bail money, that would be a time you would like to have long arms as well

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
If I had to get in a fight , id hope the other guy was bigger than me, so I could land quicker and get more hits. His one punch v my five, etc

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Also if youre a short person, the other guy might try and punch you, only to find you below where he expects you to be. Hes punching thin air

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Snowman_McK posted:

When you think about it, being good at fighting isn't even an advantage, because then you'll get more fights against better people.

Ah, but consider the parable of Akiyama

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Schenck v. U.S. posted:

imo the greatest advantage of all would be if you were half the size of a normal person but somehow twice as dense, like you cut from 190 to make the welterweight limit but you're only 3'0" tall. I can't explain exactly why I think this but I'm sure a fighter like that would be unbeatable

In The Tao of Jeet Kune Do, Bruce Lee the original mixed martial artist concludes its best to be dick height and master a punch with the length of one inch

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

Id just stay on my bicycle and keep kicking them in the stomach, using leverage & my springy feet to reset distance indefinitely. there's no way they're gonna catch me

leg reach > arm reach

Are we going to find out that you've been Tim Sylvia this entire time, and you had the moral courage of a mobn to not speak out every time we ridiculed you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
with the approval of a supervisor

• Locked thread