Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Something something stones and glass houses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aejix posted:

Jay Weatherill moves from laying down the gauntlet to completely loving roasting Frydenburg at a press conference:

https://www.facebook.com/abcnews.au/videos/10156358043999988/

Paging Mr Frydenburg, Mr Josh Frydenburg, please report to the burns unit immediately

If only we could replace the brilliantly described bag of flour Bill "easy now don't rock the boat" Shorten with this guy we'd have a lot more to look forward to.

Quality.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Fun fact, if Weatherill was in WA he would have been arrested for murdering Fartenberg in todays duel.

Is a one sided beatdown considered a duel?

How about verbally taking the steel cap boots to someone's ribs?

Your Honor my client wishes to plead the incident was a thrashing, not a duel.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

V for Vegas posted:

Not "a" duel. Duel. The old Steven Spielberg movie. A friend of mine attacked me with the video case. Some stupid argument about who had the coolest bicycle clips. I got him back though. I peed in his mum's steam iron. He had yellow T-shirts for a week.

That's sick. What kind of monster irons t-shirts anyway?

BRB putting pleats in my t-shirts and picking out some suspenders to wear with my shorts.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

what are they going to do? stop renting out their houses and cop the new vacancy tax?

speaking of which, I'm trying to get my landlord/agent to fix some poo poo and it's been dragging out even though I've sent in one of those notice to landlord forms. The handy man has checked it all out, should I just say gently caress it and get consumer affairs to get involved? I'm not fussed if I don't get offered a renewal on this place at the end of the lease

If they're 7 property mortgages in debt to own everything they can't afford to leave anything vacant anyway.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

They'll have to sell to the people they outbid who were just looking for a place to live

No the bank might, after they take all 7 properties at once.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Accounts receivable should just rip it back out of his salary in one go.

They have no shame but they sure as hell care about their wallets. Hit them where it matters.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Bill Leak died lmao

[insert crudely drawn MSPaint of worms eating corpse]

[canned laughter plays on looped repeat]

*Audience claps*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Imagine being such a poo poo person that most people celebrate your death.

I mean

just imagine.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

Prove that the brain injury caused him to be a poo poo person.

This. Checkmate :dukedog:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
As a kid Hitler was probably really nice until he accidentally shaved off the wrong zit, becoming a monstrous genocidal maniac.

No wait there is actually a specific thing to describe what Bill Leak did:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disinhibition

tl;dr, the brain damage removed his regard for social conventions and he let his inner shitter out without any of his prior restraint

He was always a lovely person but just hid it better beforehand. :eng101:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Starshark posted:

It's just more culture war poo poo. Some people on the right think if they let up for even a second they'll have to host gay Muslim disabled dwarf orgies in their living rooms.

Solar powered transgendered muslim asians will steal the gears from their negatives and make their grey nomad caravans run out of petrol faster. :bahgawd:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NTRabbit posted:

On facebook I'm watching god botherer far right "Liberal" members struggling with not only that the small l types are in favour of marriage equality, but that they, the opponents, are actually in the shrinking minority. They won't accept the polls, but can't offer a reason why, not even a bad reason, they just refuse to accept that many people could support it.

In Road Runner cartoons the Coyote can run across open air pretty far before falling into the canyon.

Ignorance is buoyant.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Conservatives: Anti-discrimination laws are unnecessary as the free market will ensure customers are driven away by bigotry

[people threaten to not use bigoted businesses]

Conservatives: LEFTIST BULLIES MY FREE SPEECH

The people of Australia are free to live whatever lives they choose just so long as they choose to go back to church, return to the tradition of tithing 10% of their salary, all women wear long dresses instead of men's pants and the peasants cease disrespecting their social betters.

Anything else is just bullying by the filthy lefties.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In the glorious LNP future I can't wait for the return of alcohol free dance halls so that men and woman can socially mix and find marriage partners under the watchful eyes of the local elders.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Yet still highly relevant.

Good to see we as a nation are moving forwards in reverse. Maybe in a couple hundred more years we'll have rediscovered bronze forging and how to cure leather.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

He literally thought the Catholic church spent too much time helping and forgiving people and not enough time fighting its enemies.

He also thought his own daughters were pretty hot and sexy which is totally the appropriate thing to say on national television so you know he's a statesman at heart.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I think you'll find it's spelled "Sorreh boud eht"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAUN4HPjtLY

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Frogfingers posted:

If the bosses aren't on their side who the gently caress is on their side?

People selling 1.4 million dollar apartments to them for spur of the moment purchases.

Oh and maybe some of their local congregations which are probably all dying off because of a lack of replacement numbers.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Mar 18, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

Depends how much people in the party think of him as legit, imo they don't want to put anyone up that they actually want to see lead because they've given up on the next election.

Wouldn't be surprised if they chucked Bishop up there so they can say "we let a woman lead the party and the country" while also saying "clearly women don't work out in leadership, as shown by this historic election loss, see you in another thirty years".

The election slogans for the off-brand Huey Bronnie The Helicopter campaign posters practically write themselves.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tweets that length of time apart are in no way the sign of a panicked man desperate to convince others.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

It's great to see that the bad ideas of the past and being recycled as the bad ideas of the present.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

aejix posted:

How do you get a complexion like Barnaby when you spend comparatively gently caress all time outside in direct sunlight. Is he putting away a half case of shiraz a day or something

It's funny I was wondering the same thing. He can't be getting enough sun for the red face so I think it's got to be booze.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He got skin cancer on his face so he's probably had some time in the sun,

That's unfortunate.

Maybe ol' Barnaby should get a facectomy. I'm thinking they could replace any skin removed by taking excess from his arse.

I mean nobody would notice.

They can probably find a spare table in the nearest Maccas to perform the surgery on.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hiddenmovement posted:

Do right wing culture warriors really think the average Australian gives a poo poo about 18C?

Since when have they acted in accordance with the wishes of most Australians during the current government?

I mean why start now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Ideology will triumph over reality!

*ejects spittle mid rant about how everything is still Labor's Fault*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Everything about him screams "my mother dressed me".

Also he's a homophobic throwback piece of poo poo too I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

hooman posted:

Imagine being the result of the scientific experiment to recreate Benedict Bumberbatch without any charisma whatsoever.

I keep looking at his open extra-undone-button collar and suit jacket combo when he should be wearing a sports jacket if he's going to try and pull that off.
It's obviously too hot for him but he didn't know how to dress appropriately so just tossed on any old "suit jacket and shirt" because he doesn't know how to dress himself.

"Oh but my son is so handsome" *pinches his cheeks before driving him to the TV show thing so he can be a poo poo on TV*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Solemn Sloth posted:

I was visiting some friends in the APS a few weeks back, and they were of the legit opinion that Brandis' downfall isn't necessarily a lack of intelligence but rather a complete and total inability to delegate anything ever due to his belief that no one else could do anything as intelligently as he can.

So... being too dumb to know any better is what they meant.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Konomex posted:

But have you seen his bookcase? It's so big, it's so impressive. Anyone with a bookcase that full of books, which they have obviously read and not bought as a prop piece, must be of an immense intellect. How could you fire such a brain?

I have all these nice book shelves ordered at very high taxpayer expense. What can I fill them with?

I know - I'll order ten sets of encyclopedias to load them up. That way everyone will know how intelligent I am.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He buys printed copies of the Commonwealth Law Reports FFS.

And keeps them in pristine condition. Some would say mint.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

So the dude who got hit by a croc the other day jumping in the creek on a dare

1) Wasn't jumping in because of a dare but instead doing it to impress a woman
2) Wasn't jumping in because the woman wanted him to do it to impress her, instead wanted him to not do it
3) Had this to say afterwrds (final sentence)

"That's not a knife, this is a knife."

*gets pulled underwater by crocodile*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Don Dongington posted:

Here I made this to help some of you understand the PHON > ALP > LNP preference flow:

I approve of your intention and love Venn diagrams but they don't work for everything.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

4 dead, including 1 cop. 20 injured in attack on UK parliament. Abbott will use this to talk about the wall around our parliament and maybe even the moat.

The parliament guards need to get rid of their boring police style uniforms and wear shining chromed suits of medieval plate armor.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Some text from Lambies speech for those who couldn't listen

Let me channel the LNP response:

*Impatiently looks at solid gold Rolex gifted from LNP party backer while tapping Italian dress shoes on parliament carpet*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Toys For rear end Bum posted:

When my local Red Rooster was renovated, they took down its giant chook, and replaced it with some boring red square with "red rooster" written in it :saddowns:

That's unfortunate. I assume all the shithouse rural towns nobody ever visits must have backlogged the giant fibreglass animal & pineapple factory in their pursuit of tourist attractions.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JBP posted:

Who cares.

Everyone but you.

Then again you cared enough to comment so

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo The Shovel is bang on the mark with that one.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Laserface posted:

There should be no Muslim schools. Or catholic schools. Or schools that teach any religion.

Religion is dumb and is not required in any capacity by modern society.

If you don't have religion how else are you going to train the filthy peasants to scrape and bow to their betters? :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nonchalantly shuffles deck chairs on the Titanic

• Locked thread