Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SNIP O' CLIPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

FAST RMX

IT'S THE INDIE F-ZERO CLONE NOBODY TOLD YOU ABOUT

i was playing 2player of this out the back of my work's building on my friend's new switch

a very very very good game

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Bombadilillo posted:

You play Nioh but aren't interested in Zelda? That's odd. Do you like them Dark Souls? You know how people said Dark Souls was a modern Zelda 1?...

alternately: have a switch but aren't interested in Zelda?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

Nintendo actually got it right on how to communicate to the masses what this thing is during those goofy commercials. Each commercial shows someone playing the game on a TV, popping it off it to play on the go, then popping it back in to play at home. It's not a complicated process, its easy to do and anybody can make it work. They really need some more games on it though. Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart both have to launch before Christmas or Nintendo is hosed Nintendo might be in trouble. But with both those games? It will be the number one gift easily.

you misspelled "splatoon 2"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

eonwe posted:

splatoon was insanely good

:eonwe: has the right and good opinion

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Not even 5 million people played Splatoon 1 given the poor sales of the Wii U. Given both GameStop and Reggie have stated the Switch has been a really strong launch so far I imagine there's gonna be a lot of people who have never tried Splatoon doing so for the first time during this next test fire. They're gonna get to feel super fresh

all us old sea urchins will be there to welcome them to the big squid dance party in the sky

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the switch is cool and good but rusty needs to finish his laundry

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Hace posted:

Put spelunky on switch imo

strong agree. for me it would turn the switch from a nearly-always docked console into something that i take literally everywhere

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

"Rainway handles configuring your network and securing your connection so the only thing you have to worry about is playing your games" Hahaha ok

MyStErIoUs NeTwOrK mAgIkS

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Infinitum posted:

If they did just a straight up multiplayer Bomberman with a buncha stages/modes/etc and priced it for $20 on the eShop it would sell like hotcakes, cause who the gently caress doesn't like Bomberman?

true that; i ain't gonna buy a bomberman game for $79.95 no matter how desperate for switch content i am

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

hot drat i am gonna go home tonight and just race around some mario kart tracks like a total maniac

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

HyperPuma posted:

snipperclips isnt actually very good

its about 2 hours long and a third of the puzzles are more tedious than fun

if you combine it with a good friend and a doobie mcdooberstein, you'll find your enjoyment increase exponentially

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

beergod posted:

Did anyone buy that Alex Kidd game and is it good tia

Wonderboy Dragon's Trap?

yes and yes. it's very good, but it's essentially the same as the original with lovely animations / minor tweaks and polish. if you can handle somewhat archaic game design you will enjoy it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

just got physical copy of MK8D and once again, no lousy day 1 patch. i love it. i love nintendo and their glorious insane qa department

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Wheany posted:

The game was first released 3 years ago, most quality issues have been dealt with a long time ago.

thats true but i guarantee if it was an xbox exclusive id be downloading 10g of horseshit to fix framerate bugs

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ROY KOOPA
P WING
ROLLERS

smell you later alligator

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Winning a cup will give you the trophy for that cup in the lower engine classes too, so there's no reason to play 50 or 100. The stuff you get isn't just cosmetic, but you can unlock it from playing any mode.

this is a good and cool change from the wii u version, which did not mark off trophies for the lower speeds

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

enojy posted:

What's your favorite optimal 200cc setup? What I use for 150cc is no good, too fast, no traction.

roy koopa always
car irrelevant

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

king dedede on the track would be pretty unstoppable

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

daimyo dragon in wonderboy is absolutely wrecking me, whatta dick!!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

parallelodad posted:

Let him walk up to you and swing his sword, he actually won't hit you. Then jump up and hit him in the face just as he raises it above his head. Repeat the jump and hit when he raises it in the air until he is off screen, then retreat away from the lightning. Go back to the middle of the screen and let him walk up to you again and repeat

thankyou! letting him swing and not connect was what kept trickin me. dang this is a good old game tho

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Wonderboy:
Real good or no good?

i am enjoying it a lot. its got that old-school no-explanation level of punishment but if that doesnt bug you it is a real winner

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Feenix posted:

What do the little X stars things do at the end of races in Mario Kart?

they just indicate how "well" you did in the grand prix. three stars = the full 60 points, two stars = 57 points i think? and one star for slightly less than that.

edit: oh wait i am dumb. you mean pushing the button to 'flag' a race afterwards? it saves it for the Mario Kart TV mode, so it shows up in your saved videos later.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

went back and edited my post cuz i'm a moron: they save the race for viewing later in Mario Kart TV mode, so you can make an edit reel of your crushing defeats / staggering wins

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the switch is cool and i am a fan of it

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dizz posted:

super metroid warriors

play as your favorite metroid

er pretty sure everyones favourite metroid is samus

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Meldonox posted:

I haven't docked my Switch for more than like twenty minutes and I've played through two full charges just loving around in Zelda. What a weird new format for the franchise. It's a great time.

Someone please convince me to get MK8D despite my only playing a couple hours of MK8 on my Wii U. I used to play Sonic sperg racing with my old coworkers, and maybe I'd play this with my current team? I'm not as sold as I was on Puyo as a multiplayer game.

if you're already playing switch as a handheld a lot, Mario Kart 8 basically shows you what nintendo are going for with the "multiplayer anywhere" thing. the joycons actually work great for it, the game looks stellar, it's immediate and fun. if you don't like MK8 as a base game it won't change your opinion, probably, but to me it really works as a perfect "proof of concept" for gang multiplayer times

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

pro controller battery life is insane

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Katana Gomai posted:

It's OK to criticize things Nintendo does sometimes

still no waluigi title game waaaah

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

200cc is the only way to play. being able to screech on the brake during powerslides has turned me into some sort of boost god

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

Is drift braking new to MK8 or has it always been there and I just never noticed because there's never been a reason to brake before? Either way, it feels really good.

i thought i read that it was new to mk8 deluxe

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

nerd_of_prey posted:

Anyone thinking of picking up Minecraft on the switch? I am one of the few people who have never actually played it and I thought this might be a good entry point for a noob.

i haven't bought a copy since the original on PC so i probably will, just for more switch games to play.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

if NBA Playgrounds has the individual joycon multiplayer like mario kart, i can see it being extremely god drat fun for lunchtime rumbles

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

ratbert90 posted:

Trip report: SNES rainbow road still best rainbow road.

Edit* After all these years, I still have muscle memory for all the SNES tracks. Also, I bought SNES MK new when it was new.

i really wish they'd churn out the entire snes track series. the small tight laps are just BLISS to slide around

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i hope nintendo continue their weird practice of announcing some weird indie game on the treehouse and releasing it worldwide the next day

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

WHEN

THE

gently caress

CAN

I

PLAY

SUPER MARIO WORLD

ON

THE

SWITCH?

super mario world is built into Minecraft, releasing for the Switch very soon!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

that Rare Replay compilation demands re-release on the switch. Rare plus Nintendo is just a good time factory

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the undercooked OS and eshop are sincerely the best current gen console operating system and store

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Papes posted:

i have a switch now, thanks whoever posted that istock website

welcome to the first day of the rest of your life

• Locked thread