Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Seeing people talking about how easily the screen scratches. What gives? I don't think I've been able to scratch any mobile tablet or device since the first iPhone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Watched a gamestop clerk give someone a 10 minute speech on why they should buy the Zelda season pass right now. Midnight launches are great guys.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I'll do you one better. I watched a clerk attempt to convince somebody to buy the new Zelda game. Just listening in casually, it sounded like the dude was not interested in it at all yet he really wanted the Switch.

I guess that person does exist.

Wanna meet the person who plays New Frontier Days only.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

beergod posted:

UPS shipping goons: UPS is allowing me to select to pick up the package from a UPS Store instead of having it randomly delivered sometime tomorrow. Google tells me it is usually available at 8:30AM the day of scheduled delivery, but the "estimated delivery date" when I go to select a store says Monday.

Does anyone know how this works?

You probably had to do it before today. They will likely cancel the delivery but it will sit on a truck until it comes back late in the day and not be available until Monday.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Was in and out of Gamestop within like 5 minutes. Stopped by Walmart at 12:30 and they still hadn't sold one yet and the line was maybe 100+ long. The electronics counter was just pretty confused about everything. Welp, that's my story.

Josh Lyman posted:

When should I start watching twitch streamers to enjoy Zelda vicariously?

Probably 12 hours ago

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Walked past the Nintendo store in NYC two times today and a long rear end line both times of people buying switches. Guess they have a lot of stock?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Cojawfee posted:

Why are people still making the "it doesn't have madden so no one will want it" argument? If you think Switch is going to be a main console, you probably don't know anything about Nintendo.

If Nintendo doesn't want the switch to be everyone's #1 console that's a pretty big fundamental problem at their company.

The reason people have adopted their consoles as a side bit to their PS4s and Xboxes is because of Nintendo's previous failures and engagement gap.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Zo posted:

my wife is dead set on getting this after seeing some commercials, so to save me some disappointment, is this thing basically an underpowered iphone like it looks like?

What game on the app store rivals Breath of the Wild?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Switch keeps going in and out of stock with online retailers. As far as in person ones - shrug.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

My day after Switch review:

No joycon desync
No wifi problems
Hate how short the power cable and HDMI cable are
Portable mode probably my least favorite way to play, even playing Zelda with the joy cons in the grip is better
Pro Controller is best

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I would be pretty happy if they just ported over the entire Wii U library. I just wanna play Wind Waker again.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They're already spending precious development time porting over games in HD on their old system like Mario Kart 8 and the Splatoon engine. What's another game.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I just need Zelda to last until

*rummages through scraps of paper*

Mario Kart?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Nolgthorn posted:

Nintendo messed up their marketing not doubling down on the Wii U U

Wii W (UU)

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Do not buy I Am Setsuna for anything more than $10-15.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

FireMrshlBill posted:

Is it just not good or is it too short for $40?

It's mediocre at best and short. Find the I Am Setsuna thread I made for buyers remorse.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

parallelodad posted:

Honestly a JRPG that's short and not very complex sounds like the perfect game to me. How short we talking? FF4 short? Mystic Quest short?

Like 20ish hours short but there's not very many side quests or anything but the linear plot.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Charles Mansion posted:

Has there been any indication of when the next shipment of Pro controllers is going to be available for purchase?

Gamestop dot com had them in Stock today

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Made a cute girl paper

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

By the time you progress in the game combat becomes a chore unless the enemies you fight have equal or better weapons. Otherwise just a waste of precious resources.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you feel your dock is dented inward just bend it back a little.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Spoke to one of the clerks at Gamestop today and he mentioned it isn't likely the store receives any stock until May unless you buy their $500 Gamestop bundle :v:

http://www.gamestop.com/nes/consoles/nintendo-switch-with-gray-joy-con-console-starter-bundle-two-delivers-by-4-16-17/143265

Which guarantees shipment by 4/16. Or earlier.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

It probably isn't live yet though?

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/841527955176136705

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/842030740120449024

Legit upset this doesn't have a switch version.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

ShiroTheSniper posted:

Am I stupid or do we always need to reenter our CC number for each transaction on the eShop? Can't we permanently save our CC info to our account? If so, can you please tell the blind that I am where it is?

I'm a Goon, I can't wipe and leave my toilet to get my wallet each time. My chain-wallet is clipped to my cargo pants but I don't wear any.

Thanks!

There was an option when you first set up if you wanted to remember CC, iirc.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

We all want Wii Sports

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

They're a rare spawn when you use the appropriate Link amiibo.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

If you've never played Isaac before and enjoy rogue lites, it's a pretty robust game with a lot of replay.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

1 hour trial times is lame as heck re: Splatoon.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Chernabog posted:

BoI spoilers:
To unlock the lost do you still need to do the whole ordeal? Or do you just die with the missing poster in the sacrifice room ?

Last time I did it (on PS4) I had to do all of the events. Not sure if you can cheese it

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I saw a screen shot from someone in portable mode and the visuals looked really poor. Hopefully better in the final release. Jaggies galore baby.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Mahoning posted:

If the Switch continues to sell as well as they have been saying it will for the past few weeks, 3rd party publishers would be dumb to continue to ignore Nintendo. There's no longer any excuse since this is by all accounts an easy system to develop for, and the install base might be larger than the Wii U's lifetime install base by Christmas.
Depends on how well the Switch can handle ports of PS4/Xbone/PC games. Dragon Quest Heroes is all we really have to go by at the moment and it's kind of bad. But it was also farmed out and not done by Square themselves iirc. I doubt most companies will make Switch exclusive games.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Switching memory cards is good

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I don't find Paper Mario very good or fun, so that would be a shame but yay for Mario Maker

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I'm excited for Mario Kart because I too am feeling the Zelda exhaustion after 80 or so temples

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Jackbox doesn't have online play unless you stream the game

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Sorry if my comment was unclear I thought people were looking to play online with others who were not local in the same room. The only way to do that is to stream it somehow. They can still join your game with room codes and stuff but it's not really fun unless you can see the screen

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Video Game april fools announcements are always stuff consumers really want

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Oh no, think about Amiibo futures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I feel like playing Mario kart on a joycon is going to be uncomfortable. Everyone should have a set in a grip or a pro controller for maximum fun.

• Locked thread