Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Should I go to sleep now so I can be closer to getting my switch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Will there be a trackmania for Switch? I have both trackmania games for the DS and they are great but the resolution is bad.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I got Forza 3 at a midnight release. Some guy asked for my gamertag. I said I don't play online and then left as soon as I got my game.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

FireMrshlBill posted:

I really wish Nintendo would take 20% off of digital titles. I'm gonna pre-order Splatoon2 but that is a game I would rather have digital on my Switch since I would probably play it periodically while playing through another title. I hate switching game carts, but can't argue with the 20% I will get off from Amazon Prime.

Especially since when you buy a digital version, you don't even get to put it in your mouth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

beergod posted:

UPS shipping goons: UPS is allowing me to select to pick up the package from a UPS Store instead of having it randomly delivered sometime tomorrow. Google tells me it is usually available at 8:30AM the day of scheduled delivery, but the "estimated delivery date" when I go to select a store says Monday.

Does anyone know how this works?

On UPS, it says you need to do it before the day of delivery. Since it is so late, it might as well be the day of delivery. It's already on a truck to be delivered to you and the driver will just get a notification to skip your delivery and they'll take it off the truck and deliver it to a store on Monday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Switching my Zelda delivery to a UPS store was a great choice. Got it at 10:30. Except I have nothing to play it in because the Amazon van is somewhere out there with it and it I probably won't see it until this afternoon. Also, god drat this box is huge.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Amazon takes its sweet loving time whenever they deliver things to me. I drove around to see if I could find pro controllers anywhere. I called a Walmart that had one but it was gone by the time I got there. Target had three Zelda special editions but I already have one of those.

Fake edit: While typing this post, Amazon showed up with my switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I haven't played any Zelda yet. I'll crack that open after dinner tonight. I played a bit of Fast RMX. It's really fun but I'm going to need some practice to not hit the walls all the drat time. It looks REAAALLY good and is super fun. After seeing that picture, I ordered the glass protector on amazon. Also, they just restocked pro controllers. Gonna have on on Monday. Haven't had issues with the joycons. Put them in the included grip and sat on my bed several feet away with no sync issues.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Can't seem to find a pro controller anywhere in austin goddamn

I think every store in my area sold out of them. I checked a bunch and no one had any non preorders.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LethalGeek posted:

Your TV's wifi is messing up bluetooth, assuming this is what's doing it, because they're both in the same 2.4Ghz range with your microwave and all of it stomps on each other. I had an issue with my work laptop's connection turning to crap if I put my wifi enabled cell phone too close it it.

This is a thing. If anyone uses 2.4Ghz wifi, it's going to interfere with bluetooth.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
What's wrong with the PDP case? I haven't used mine from the special edition yet.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jivjov posted:

You don't already own any Switch virtual console titles though. You won't have to pay a dollar to rebuy Switch virtual console titles.

There may be a discount on Switch virtual console titles that correspond to 3DS or Wii/Wii U virtual console titles registered to your account though.

Why are you defending lovely business practices?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jivjov posted:

Who is forcing you to buy a game? If you are being held hostage or are otherwise being forcibly coerced, try to call the police.

Otherwise, you are not being forced to buy any games, let alone 2 separate ports of a retro title.

I don't know why you chose this as your hill to die on. Do you own stock in Virtual Console games or something? Nintendo sells us access to ROMs they downloaded from the internet and then wants us to pay again for those same ROMs. That's dumb.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jivjov posted:

Same rom, different emulation. Buying an Xbox One game doesn't entitle you to the PS4 version; why should buying a Wii U game entitle you to a Switch version?

That's the worst argument you can make as buying an Xbox 360 game (digitally) entitles me to download and play it on the Xbox One for free (assuming it is backwards compatible).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

People have looked at NES virtual console files and have found they have iNES headers. An iNES header is something that was created by the guy who made the first NES emulator to handle how to read NES ROMs as NES carts all have different methods of running the game. Some have multiple ROMs, some have custom chips. The iNES header would tell the emulator how to run it. That this is found in official ROMs sold by Nintendo means they (or someone they contracted) downloaded ROM dumps from the internet (or at the very least, did their own ROM dumps and used a format that they claim supports piracy).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

jivjov posted:

Cool, Microsoft offers a bonus feature. That doesn't make it required. Or make not offering it anti-consumer.

Wow.

In other news. I made a Japanese account and downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo. It's pretty cool. The google translate of what the buttons mean is hilarious. One of them set "soft and flabby" which I assume was an easy difficulty.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

VanillaGorilla posted:

Also, my favorite feature of the switch is that when I wake it up from sleep, it powers on my TV, too. Also it takes like maybe 15 seconds?

So good.

This is cool but it doesn't turn on my soundbar so I still have to turn that on.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Linx posted:

I managed to snag a switch on Nintendo UK last night, and now I've got the post-order twitch to constantly check the shipping status. It says next day delivery but the estimated dispatch date is the 7th.

I'd really like it to be more accurate so that I can plan my sick day accordingly :v:

They probably won't ship until Monday and it will get there the next day.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

So since Zelda only lets you have one save (I guess) does it save on the system or the cart?

You can have more saves, just start it with a different account. Saves are stored on the switch.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why are people still making the "it doesn't have madden so no one will want it" argument? If you think Switch is going to be a main console, you probably don't know anything about Nintendo.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Harlock posted:

If Nintendo doesn't want the switch to be everyone's #1 console that's a pretty big fundamental problem at their company.

The reason people have adopted their consoles as a side bit to their PS4s and Xboxes is because of Nintendo's previous failures and engagement gap.

Nintendo wants the Switch to be someone's Nintendo console. If they wanted to be a main console, they would have made an xbox or playstation. They made a Nintendo console and it might as well be a separate thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Any news about when the next shipment will be hitting?

A lot of places are getting things on Monday. At least, I know Walmart is getting pro controllers monday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

parallelodad posted:

I am hoping they take some time and let more interesting and fleshed out speedrun strategies develop rather than rush one by June just to have it in the marathon.

There's also the fact that they would have to get a speed run in before Nintendo patches out some important exploit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

well why not posted:

You can't even use kickstand mode in 'Flight Mode' because that disables wireless control. It'd be fine on a train or whatever, but unless you're splitscreening you're probably best just picking up the Switch

Airplane mode is just for when the plane it taking off and landing. You can turn your bluetooth and wifi back on once the plane is flying.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Use the gyro aiming with arrows. Use the joystick to get to the right area and then use gyro aiming to dial it in. I can't aim for poo poo with a joystick but the gyro lets me hit what I want to hit.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

amotea posted:

Except the sandwich looks like this:

Do you just have a turd for a face? I don't know how someone could have so many bad opinions.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I kind of goofed the install of my screen protector. Ended up putting it down too fast and got a bubble in the middle. fixed that and got it good but then somehow had a dust spec on the other end of the thing. Fixed that but screwed up the adhesive in the corner in the process. I'll try with the hot shower thing later with the second protector. My mom's phone was a lot easier to do than this. In any case, it's on and is protecting my screen from the dock. I had some smudging on the screen. While some people are getting full on scratches somehow, mine looked like some other people's "scratches" that were where they dock seems to grab the bottom of the screen. I think these are just rubber smudges as they buffed right out with a microfiber cloth. The screwed up corner doesn't reach the actual display so no harm no foul, I'll reapply a new one at a later time. I just wanted to get the screen protected.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Why isn't the thread title "Reggie Fees-a-may apply"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I'm pretty sure that if you have a an A to C cable with the proper resistor (from the amazon list that google guy runs), a normal USB A charger should be fine.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think either way, they will flop. Anyone who wants the latest sports game will get it on Xbox or PS4. Anyone who gets the Switch version either isn't serious about sports games or they are a kid and the Switch is their only console and they sort of like sports games.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Macintosh HD posted:

Yeah, I also have this screen protector and it's good. I had an issue putting the first one on but the second one nailed it. I'm pretty sure the manufacturer will send a replacement for the one I hosed up on, too.

EDIT: Just watch out for cracking them. My brother texted me earlier and told me how he accidentally dropped the package and the two screen protectors cracked.

YMMV of course but the package specifically states they have a lifetime warranty. They will do one free replacement if it ever breaks.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
If you're going off brickseek and you haven't actually gone to the store, then they aren't there. Brickseek seems to just say how many were sent to each store. I drove around based on brickseek info to find a pro controller and they were all sold out.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

ethanol posted:

So the joycon uses gyro controls instead of the wiimote method of IR pointer AND gyros...right? So unless they made some mysterious advances I would expect the joycon to be not as good for pointing since the I think main problem with gyros is they lose calibration very easily. But the joycon seems to work alright for aiming in botw.

What with the ir light on the back of the joycon and why is it there/pointing the wrong way ?

Curious about all this because I haven't heard a firm answer on whether they could make something like skyward sword or sm galaxy work on this console

Skyward Sword would work just fine on Switch. It never used the sensor bar and the joycons have to have more accurate gyros than wii motion plus. Most Wii games would probably work as well. They could make a Twilight Princess with Wii controls that work on the switch. Everything in TP was either waggle controls or short bursts of aiming at the screen which can be emulated by the gyros as seen with Skyward Sword.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Sam Faust posted:

So how does gyro aiming work in Zelda if your playing with split joy-cons. Is it just controlled with the right joy-con?

Yes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I threw an explosive barrel. I guess I'll have to start Eventide over.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

How do you guys have so many hearts and stamina, I've only gotten three upgrades after like 20 hrs

I've only completed one dungeon but I've done ever Shrine I can find and I've found a lot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

iajanus posted:

I don't know why but I never even thought to wake the console up with my Pro in any way except holding the Home button down :shrug:

Yeah that's how I've been trained to do it with every console that allows me to wake it up with the controller.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Norns posted:

Found a Switch. Zelda better be good.

It's actually really bad. Wrap it up guys, we got him.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Feenix posted:

So I know there's been some fraudulent memory sold on Amazon. Is sold by _______ company but "fulfilled by Amazon" a safer way of getting quality legit product and/or good return service if it's phony?

All that means is the seller sent that product to an Amazon fulfillment center. If they have a fakes that look like they are real, I doubt Amazon would notice when putting it into their system. Your best bet is to find something "shipped and sold by Amazon."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Douglas Dinsdale posted:

Weird there's no camera.
I guess they have no plans for another sequel to FreakyForms, which was pulled from Japan's 3DS e-shop when it turned out to be a security hole.

I bet they'll release a camera attachment eventually, though.

There is a camera. The right joycon as an IR camera so Nintendo can record you pooping.

• Locked thread