Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Stupid question but you think those demon babies have accelerated aging, or did Jack just have a really really really long bike ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Now that I think about it, Jack's childhood training probably never covered the whole "taking a human life thing" since it was you're going to kill the ultimate evil.

But then again, when he totally owned that group of bounty hunters in the snow, three were human. A russian, a black guy, and a southern gent.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Then again, Legend of Korra also had a really good first episode.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nope, they were actually robots too. I believe the only human Jack killed in the series was the old viking warrior that was cursed and became a rock monster.

this sounds like citation needed.

The bounty hunters, not the rock monster.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Speaking of that episode, I wonder if that will also play a role.

At the end of the episode the old king is recounting the fight.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

If I could have only one thing absolutely happen in this season, it'd be Da Samurai making a dramatic comeback, slicing up a bunch of Aku's minions and being almost as skilled as Jack.

But I don't see it actually happening.

and maybe the baby.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

kefkafloyd posted:

Just hire PlatinumGames and make a MGR reskin with Samurai Jack. instant money.

One change.

Change the setting to a stylized ancient japan. Also a boss fight with a not-Jetstream Sam with his theme song played with traditional japanese instruments .

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Waffleman_ posted:

No More Heroes was made by Grasshopper, not Platinum.

Also I heard the new Neir game is sort of a spiritual successor.

Also is Jack's cause just or is that just what he tells himself?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I thought we wanted a good game.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Why is Aku also going insane, he's a piece of cosmic evil that killed the dinos , spent millions of years as a evil goo lake in Japan, then spent a few hundred(thousand?) years waiting for Jack to appear.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

MonsterEnvy posted:

Appearntly the Guardian will be addressed.

Jack's most dangerous enemies were probably the Imoncandi as you mentioned. Demongo the Soul Collector, the demon that served Aku that could summon the souls of all he had slain to fight for him. And the Minions of Set, the quasi divine creatures that Jack had no way to beat. (They were faster then him, stronger then him, his magic sword did not work on them as they regenerated and there were three of them.) and had to rely on an ancient prophecy that made it so that a god intervened on his behalf and destroyed them for him.

The Sirens also got Jack Brent Worthington.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If that's the case, imagine a river constantly exploding.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

My wonder is if he gets the sword back or if he somehow gains a different way to kill Aku
And if they'll do a flashback on how he lost the sword, because it must have been one hell of an adventure to end in him losing the world's last hope.

Jack forgot he had the "Pray" option and when he finally does it the gods give him other divine sword, but his time it's an hf sword.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Weird idea: tie some of the drama into Jack's real name. Either reveal that he's been fighting so long that he can't remember what his original name was, or end the show with him back in the past and his family calling him by his real name or something.

So would you say.

His memory is broken. The truth goes unspoken. He's even forgotten his name

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

VJeff posted:

I.

Jesus. I didn't expect that!

They spent way too much time characterizing the daughters for that to be it, so I think the three that fell survived.

Ashi, at the very least.

Where you get that name? I thought they were all nameless.

edit for more stuff : OMG doing stuff on an all white background. The wolf is real.

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 26, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

Did anyone feel this episode kiiiiiinda pushed the limits of Jack's own abilities? Takes a knife to the gut, bleeds while going down a river for who knows how long, takes the knife out, waits a while before doing a hasty, primitive stitch job, and then fought six well-trained ladies in the snow in his underwear.

It does imply that time had passed since then with his wound having healed, but...it didn't seem like the assassins took long to find him? I'll to watch it again, the snow was probably meant to imply that months had passed.

Well if he doesn't age maybe he also has very weak regen and invulnerability. Aku needs more skill points in time magic.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
How do we know the wolf is real, could have been a Jack's is bleeding out hallucination which means Jack killed that animal while acting like a wolf.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

mycot posted:

Honestly I was thinking the entire blue bleeding out sequence was a dream because of how freaky it was until the moment the wolf brought him chicken. Dreams can't come up with chicken.

I already told you Jack hunted it himself. Got on all fours and everything.

Or maybe the chicken is a lie too.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Just do the dragon fart episode with constant farts.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I was about to ask about that.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Also everyone is actually speaking sort-of-old Japanese.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

YggiDee posted:

I would watch an entire series of 'Samurai Jack and the Angry Backpack'.

This Banjo-Kazooie reboot is weird as gently caress.

Someone get Phil Lamarr and Tara Strong to say the "Gu-huh" and "Breee."

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Apr 9, 2017

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

muscles like this! posted:

Wait, does that bath thing mean she was naked the entire time?

Evil aku coal gave her 4th burns.

You dont get a horrific injury but magic skin armor that gives mad speed and agility bonuses and good environmental heat and cold resistances.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

What part of magic scar tissue armor dont you get.

Also good think Scatman floats, hopping on the ocean floor would take like 50 years.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Fionordequester posted:

Speaking of comic relief; does anyone else think this would be an hilarious call back to have some place in Season 5? At some point when Greg Baldwin's Aku is trying to get some sleep?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ3A-W3wr5s

god dammit Daffy you slept till space noon, get the gently caress up.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Blue Jack became Red Jack.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
It took Demongo 50 years to gather enough souls back to be a potential threat.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Yak of Wrath posted:

Aku prob tosses randos through time on the reg, just to give himself a little surprise in the future.

You know considering the first season had Jack try a science type of TT(launching an escape pod at the nose of a ship just as it goes light speed), Jack really should have spent 50 years making a giant science machine city.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I'm familiar with this clip where Mace Windu does that, but never really got around to watching all of the episodes.

Star Wars Clone Wars is good poo poo. and it's too bad it's also the only time General Grievous is badass.

Also I love how in this miniepisode, the bad guys super weapon is a giant hammer thing.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
definitely the worst episode but what you going to do, can hit homeruns all the time.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Remember when Legend of Korra came out(hehehe) and the Book 1 stuff was "Doing Zuko-Katara shippers right."

wow.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Well of course. How else will Aku find out about Ashi so he can kidnap her?

Scaramouche doesn't know about her?

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
The fight was cool.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Hey what that new hottness image format that is better than gifs but can have sound/music?

Can someone make one of Aku getting the sword with zelda's item get music. tia.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Chokes McGee posted:

You know what else affects Aku?

That's right.

Scotsman's enchanted sword :getin:

Aku broke it.

Now it's a ghost sword.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Unit24 posted:

Knew it, too good to be true.

Maybe it will be commercial free.

30 min. 18 mins will be dialog free.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Natty Review looks like a talking penis.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Natty Review also recently complained about Last Man Standing getting cancelled last week. Yup. A dime-a-dozen by-the-#s sitcom THE most important thing last week.

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupppppppppppppppppppppp.

Not anyone's termination.

Well maybe Scaramouche's.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

It comes back, but the show takes place in Detroit.

NJ isn't bad enough?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
That's was good.

At least one thing came to an end during the Donnie years and it was good.

I'm ready for the nuk- wait no I still want a Metroid and F-Zero game.

• Locked thread