Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

ImpAtom posted:

You can pet the cat and also go to the movies with the cat.

Watch videos with the cat.

Exercise with the cat.

Be humiliated by the cat

This is very good. I like this a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I wasn't going to buy this game if it was English audio only and literally every snippet shown of the English dub justifies that stance.

I see you are following me to other threads with your bad opinions.

P4 english VA cast was extremely good so i'm looking forward to hearing all my new friends in P5.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hello just popping in to say that I just recruited Makoto and she owns super hard well bye.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I checked out training in my room and it says it boosts my hp. Is this all it does? Can I safely ignore it and focus on slinks instead or is there a hidden benefit like guts or something?

Also raising guts in the early game is really hard. I can't find a good source for it.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Look for books and movies that boost it. Also, do the big burger challenge when you have a free night; even when you fail you get two notes worth of Guts.

Oh nice. I'll check the burger thing out next time.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I made it to the end of the third palace in one go. Feels good man.

Now I've got three weeks to watch movies with my cat.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Guys help I can't stop listening to palace 3's theme!(the first one)

It's hitting some specific pleasure center in my brain.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm close to the end of palace four and I am absolutely swimming in cash. Holy poo poo. This is absurd levels of money. I never want to leave.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Spend it on Becky, she's well worth investing time and money with.

The fortune teller gets priority but absolutely I will.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How much time should I realistically invest in the twins slink? Im on palace four and just got a shiisa but I have never heard of the ability its supposed to have and don't know how I'd get it.

Can I just bang out all these at once near the end of the game or should I put some focus into it during the story? It'll just end up being a Google job.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Party Bug posted:

It can be done pretty easily near the end of the game all in one day. I did it super late but you might be able to do it before Palace 7? I'd recommend doing it early, their final ability is hella good.

edit: do it when you're level 52, I guess.

Ah cool. My main concern was that you could only do one rank a day or something so leaving it too late would bite me in the rear end. And yeah I want to up their rank for the bonuses early if I can. Just wish there was more in game info on skills and where to get them.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I unlocked fortune teller today and my first reading I chose to increase guts. After that I had Akira try the rank 3 burger challenge, day and night.

I'm amazed I didn't kill him.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I felt way behind on my stats around the third palace and then after I beat it I aimed for 3's in everything. By sheer luck, I hit 4 knowledge the day before the second round of school exams.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I haven't listened to any of the japanese dub of the game yet, but switching to the japanese audio would mean losing the little pieces of dialogue that the shadows have during fights and I think i'd miss them too much.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Hoo boy. Palace 5 is really handing me my rear end. I'm at the halfway point on my first trip in and SP is wearing dangerously thin. I've had to use rez items like 20 times already.
I think i'll have to break my "get to the treasure in one day" streak and make this a 2-day dungeon. :(

The only social link I have yet to unlock is (palace 5 and onwards spoilers) Harus, and I just found out i'll need 5 in proficiency to unlock it. Will I have enough time to finish her slink if I take my time getting to 5 proficiency? It took me ages to get to 4 and I was planning on blitzing through the rest of my current backlog of slinks for the next few months until I start needing other 5's.

Maybe i'll get lucky and get a few prof points slacking off in class.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Endorph posted:

if you're in the fifth alace you only have two months left in the game in terms of actual time, there's no 'next few months'

Shiiiiiiiiit. I need to start hanging the gently caress out with my friends.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Levantine posted:

Palace 5 seems like it would be a nightmare without proper preparation. I went in at level 40 and it was still a slog in places. Thankfully most weaknesses are pretty accessible (depending on Joker's personas) but it's an SP drain even with the SP Adhesive accessories.

EDIT: if you get to the barracks you're really pretty close with not many battles between you and the end, so if you can make it that far, you can finish it in a day.

Oh i'm definitely gonna try and get to the end on day 1, but like you said, I didn't exactly prepare for the slog. I imagine i'll run out of the few sp items I saved up till now.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I did it! I beat palace 5 in one day. The secret trick I used was Miracle Punch. Just nothing but Miracle Punch over and over.

Also I as extremely happy when (Devil slink spoils) I offered the mini cactus to Ohya cos I honestly didn't expect it to work so well.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Instant Grat posted:

SP Adhesives from Tae, my dude. Miracle punch does own, though.

I want them badly but they're so expensive and I need money for my maid.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Yesterday, I started to fuse the personas for the twins rank 7 request. I spent a ton of cash fusing the different personas needed to eventually create the 2 perfect personas to fuse together. I start the fuse and notice that I can't skip the cutscene. After it plays out I end up with a completely different goddamn persona.

REEEAAALLLY wish I knew this was possible before I spent all the money and forgot to save.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

One thing I like this time around is that after getting to know the confidants a little better, you can tell which responses will result in the better link boost without having to look them up. Like for Iwai's slink, I knew that picking the snarkiest responses would get me 3 notes almost every time.

Instant Grat posted:

Fusion accidents suck, sorry.

If you saved the component personae in the compendium, you can recall them and try again for relatively cheap?

Yeah I was able to fuse from the register but it was still money down the drain.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Count Bleck posted:

I mean you could just post it.

NO STO-

*Atlus bust down the door and grab Count Bleck dragging him screaming from the room*

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Started palace 6 and the music is loving awesome. I just want to wander around and listen to it forever.
Godammit Goro, why do you have to be freakin fabulous?

Palace 5 sucked rear end in so many ways.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thread: Some confidants boost stats so focus on those!

Me: Awesome! :dance:

*gets a string of rank ups with no stat boosts*

Me: :negative:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Ugh. I've been neglecting Sun for most of the game and now he texts me saying he'll be too busy to meet me soon. Did I just gently caress up?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Confusing the mementos bosses is the poo poo.

The only problem is that I can't seem to stop.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Post palace 6 spoilers

GOROOOOO! Actually I kinda sorta expected that to happen. I wasn't really expecting him to go full Adachi though, that was great.

I'm really gonna miss palace 6, it was pretty neat between the music and general setting. The boss was annoying but I actually kinda enjoyed it.

I also started dating best girl Makoto, but she lost her awesome bike persona in the process. :(

edit: going into palace 7 I have Sun at rank 7, can I ever get those last 3 ranks in this same game file?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I'm at 11/21 so there might be a chance!

Still need to work on Futaba/Haru since i've been neglecting them like an rear end in a top hat.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I'm quite certain I read that Sun becomes unavailable around November so I think your dream is dead.
A quick google suggests his window is over when the big poo poo goes down in November.

Welp.

NG+ it is, then.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Are rainy days set in stone or are they random?

Also does flu season affect any confidants availability?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I've already save-scummed to get a specific skill on a persona for the twins. I do not fancy doing it again.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

You never see it COMIIIIIIIIIIING

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Deified Data posted:

The 5th palace (Okumura) was probably the worst experience I've had in a Persona game.

The keycard labyrinth, the nonsensical airlock puzzle, the timed segments with respawning enemies, the timed end boss that was just a parade of mooks. If there's a question over whether I'll replay this game that dungeon is going to be a major decider. It was so glaringly bad compared to every other dungeon.

Don't forget the myriad of shadow enemies with repel-physical. gently caress that place forever.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dragonatrix posted:

Girimehkala and Arahabaki. Two is not myriad.

Girimehkala is weak to Expel Bless, like he is in basically every SMT game ever, so if you don't instant kill him that one's on you.

Arahabaki is weak to Psy and Nuke. Makoto alone can demolish the poo poo out of them without even really trying.

Like, sure, this can be a Bit Of A Problem when you're trying to Auto/Rush things but Shiki-Ouji also exists and was around way earlier when having decent alternative damage was maybe a little bit more awkward. By now you have easy access to every element.

Those two were way too common towards the end when I was out of sp. Yes I now know there are better ways to conserve sp available at that point but I didn't have them and it sucked not being able to use physical skills to get by.

If anything palace 5 taught me to be even more anal with conserving sp in future palaces so it has that going for it I guess.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Deified Data posted:

Do you think one comes before or after?

Because if it's the former, and you think it's the bank, I enjoyed that one quite a bit. :shrug:

The first half of palace 3 was pretty great. Second half is not as great but still better than the second half of palace 5 imo.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

All of you stop making fun of my precious son Mishima

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Temperance rank 10 spoilers

Becky: You're a phantom thief, aren't you?
MC: *gasp* how did you figure that out?!
Becky: dude i've been doing your laundry for weeks
MC: ....Point taken.

I don't have many 10 ranks yet but this one was probably my favourite so far.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

How does dating in NG+ work? Can I date a girl who I already Rank 10'd and shot down?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's a clean slate as far as plot decisions go. None of that poo poo ever happened.

You start social links from scratch.

Aaah! That makes sense. For some reason I thought social link progress carried over too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

This is the best track in the game and i'll fight anyone who disagrees.