Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

FeMC is canon

She'll never be. and I'm glad of it. :grin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

i will also be playing with jp audio, and i like dubs and think there are plenty of things where the dub is better than the jp audio. the dub for this seems pretty bleh (though maybe they've improved it with the delay,) while the jp VAing seems pretty good. I also don't like when US vas mispronounce names or honorifics or whatever, which the trailers had a lot of.

epic this

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Grand Blue has taught me that Japanese college is just as ftw as highschool so please make Persona 6 take place there.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

RME posted:

s. link about redecorating your room

agreed

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm going to do what I want, where I want, efficiency be damned!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Luna Was Here posted:

gently caress you amazon ship my poo poo!!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wish the dub wasn't bad. But oh well. Glad Atlus finally gave us dual audio.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's fine to say that they think it's too much work for a vanilla release but idk why he then had to immediately put his foot in his mouth lol.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

It's because they like to think about gay sex between men, OP

Guilty as charged.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kinda weird that they added multiple adult women to romance this time around...IMO. Just a little observation. 👼

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I can't decide on Makoto or Tae. This is tearing me apart.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The fourth palace boss is AIDS.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

How do you beat the dang Goemon retro game

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I wasn't able to date Makoto before the hawaii trip because of all the lost days and now I'm angry!!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Persona 3's main story and thematic ties are so much stronger than P4s crap it's unreal.

p4 has much better pacing but i don't really care!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Arist posted:

Persona 3 is really thematically cohesive except all those parts where it's not at all

P3 has its warts but at least it didnt base the entire game off 'true self' and 'people arent always what they appear' but then fail to deliver on any of it, and have the cast act exactly the same before and after their dungeons. Tis a greater sin in this gamer's opinion.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Morgana keeps talking about video games? Is that something I can actually get and what does it do

Recycle shop. Raises stats.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I really, really don't like the 5th dungeon. The gently caress are you supposed to even do in those mini boss fights? I just died and lost like an hour of play because I ran into one with 4 drones and the boss and they just would spam Triple Down and basically kill my guys near outright every single round of combat. And they take so little damage even with using Haru's Psi-resistance break.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Kalsco posted:

What the? I'm going through Palace 3 and I just got a dagger for Joker out of a chest that was worse than the Silver Dagger you are given earlier on. Are the chest contents random or something?

Was it a transmutable one? those have crap stats because they can be turned into better ones later in the velvet room.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

epenthesis posted:

I totally interpreted that as his being grossed out by being so near feminine undergarments, and having to psych himself back into his rationale for doing it. I didn't even think it was ambiguous.

I didn't see it that way at all, op.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Hooking up with her is pretty pandery but I mean that's basically all the romances in this so eh.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Missed opportunity to not change the scenes where you can hang with the specific girls during like the culture festival, school trip, etc. if you're dating them and not just hanging out.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

post palace 5: I knew it would happen, but seeing the little approval bar slowly roll backwards, as people start turning on the Thieves was really cool, along with all the mutterings on the subway, etc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Post Palace 6 I spent a decent amount of money outfitting Goro gently caress you atlus!!!!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Throne of Bhalz posted:

Almost at the top of the tower. There's a sub boss talking mess about creating stairs for me. I haven't fought it yet.

you're forced to leave after you kill that thing cuz you can't do dungeons in one day in p5. so unless you literally are on empty try to see if you can wreck him.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I never thought I'd actually want a return to the quick, featureless corridors of P3 and P4 but well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's dumb that they try to bully you to do it in multiple days, and also force you to spend another day sending the calling card as well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Palace 7 do you get someone to replace goro or can I sell the gear I bought and customized for him

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zore posted:

Sell that poo poo

drat. Part of me was hoping that Sae's rank 10 reward being ????????? Was foreshadowing that shed take his place.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I could just be remembering wrong but I could have sworn in 3 and 4 they just shunted you to the next day more often than not during those plot weeks, so you didn't get control only to be told to gently caress off.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The seventh palace is really tedious and hurting my drive to play.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Who had the loving hard-on for the mouse sections and how the gently caress did they convince everyone to put so many of these loving things in.

They're so bad It's unreal.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Marogareh posted:

I didn't really mind it since I expected annoying bullshit in the last dungeons for smt games anyway. It's a walk in the park compared to other stuff. At one point I thought it was going to have one way doors or teleports or both.

It's less painful than the last dungeon of Apocalypse at least.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Just beat Palace 7. Wasn't a huge fan of his fight theme. P2's was better but I dunno. Ameno Saigiri in 4 had the much better penultimate battle theme. Akechi not getting his own one sucked too.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

What

Are you poo poo talking Rivers in the Desert

The lyrical version redeemed it for me after listening to it again, but I thought it was super boring instrumental!

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

After much deliberation I've decided to atone for my crimes and state that Rivers In the Desert is actually really loving good. You could say I've had a....Change of heart??? :grin:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Does Invig 3 stack with SP adhesive?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Is there a persona skill that halves SP costs like there is for phys ones? If so which. Cuz I really need to work it onto my Satan.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

No Mods No Masters posted:

I think it's called spell master? A bunch of ~level 80 guys get it including at least one of the angels

Do you know if any of them give it up as a card via itemization?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I'm fighting the final mini boss and two times now his minions have lived with a sliver of hp and recarmdra'd him back to full and I'm crying.