Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Barring a few small concerns that Talion may be too overpowered (It's hard to tell how much of that in the gameplay demo was just hours in and a skilled player or just them turning on god mode), but this is easily on my to buy list. Might actually convince me to rebuy the original and finally buy the DLC- was it any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
For anyone hoping to jump onto the Shadow of Mordor bandwaggon before this drops, the GOTY edition is available on the PSN store for about fifteen bucks. Given how a lot of my retailers are still selling it for over twice that, it's a good bargain.

Replaying it reminded me that they did a surprisingly good job humanizing Talion in the opening chapter through the flashbacks to his wife and son. It's not perfect, but the actors do pretty good work with the script and make it at least a little sad that they die.

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Shadow of Mordor had a good PC port, right? I don't recall any kerfuffles regarding it, at least.

I'm kinda expecting this to be like the original, truth told- quietly very good and will probably get at least Top 5 representation in a lot of GOTY lists, but nothing that will light the world on fire, especially in a year with Persona, Zelda and Neir all coming out before the halfway mark of the year.

My two big hopes now are "make the story less boring" and "don't shoehorn in a loving crafting element."

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ravenfood posted:

Does anyone know what happens if you buy one of the DLC tribe boxes without owning the relevant DLC?

E:. Also if I didn't buy the season passes are the DLCs worthwhile?

From what I've heard, the new Tribes are cool, and Outlaw has some really nice bonuses (IIRC from an LP, one of them is that you and your allies have a flat 25% chance per hit to inflict burn/curse/poison).

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Jack Trades posted:

Jim Sterling is a loving hack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoneRampant
Aug 19, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Martian Manfucker posted:

is the elf dlc worth the season pass price tag? thinking about just getting desolation when it comes out and wondering if I should splurge for both the story dlcs.

From what I'd read, Eltarial's DLC is quite hit or miss. Maybe just wait for a sale drop.

• Locked thread