Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Well then obviously the reason the orcs are opportunistic cannibals is because movie-Frodo is a massive racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

The Red Book was written by a collection of authors, Pippin among them.

There's no way in God's green Middle-Earth that Pippin is literate

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it's because they are all sexually attracted to guns and paying enormous amounts for medical care, op

I told you this fetish in confidence!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Screaming Idiot posted:

I also wanna hear this. As much as I like Griffin, I kinda wanna hear him flip out on Justin and Travis since they're a couple of hypocritical shitlibs.

I still remember Travis shilling for his sponsor Hello Fresh on Hello From the Magic Tavern, a show that he does not host and they were not even doing ad copy for at the moment. Just in the middle of a bit, talking about how great they were with fresh ingredients brought right to your door.

What a tool.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hyperlynx posted:

They're inoffensive, consistently funny, and ads pay the bills. Whaddaya want from them?

Well, two of them are.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

LawfulWaffle posted:

You’re all weirdos. No McElroy did anything to Neir that Neir didn’t do to itself, and it would not have been some commercial hit of Justin had fished at a different location. It’s a tedious game that some people like and that’s all.

People don’t like Travis because he’s a little different. In the thousands of hours of recordings he’s done all people point out is his picture and like one clip from Among Us.

They occupy an outsized space in your brain, they are just two men. Maybe they don’t live up to your standards but you can just stop talking about them

I don't blame Justin for Neir failing, that's dumb as gently caress, but you're insane if you think Travis doesn't have endless dogshit "jokes" that stop good bits in their tracks

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Anime Liker posted:

Also the $14,000,000 car isn't even that good. You can blow the doors off it with a 100k Toyota Supra.

It's just a silly gimmick, like that hat or whatever everyone was obsessed with in Call of Duty or Fortnite or whatever game it was.

Like you literally don't need to spend money for the goofy rocketship fleshlight car, you big dweebs.

You made three mad posts in a row about a vroom vroom sim you don't get to call anyone dweebs lol

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Philippe posted:

I enjoy cranked hogposting as much as the next girl, but I think it's run its course. Please post memes.

Yeah, posters were really starting to go

Hog wild :grin:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

PainterofCrap posted:

what are you talking about

Thank you, Terry!

That's a guitar

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Sagebrush posted:

It's incorrect anyway. The rule about always saying "person and I" instead of "me and person" is, like i-before-e, an oversimplification and far from universal.

To figure out which one to use, take the other person out of the sentence and see whether it still works.

"Me and my friend went to the store" -> "me went to the store?" No, that's wrong. You'd say "I went to the store," so it is "my friend and I went to the store."

"He took my brother and I for a ride in his Corvette" -> "He took I for a ride?" No. It's "he took me." You'd say "he took me and my brother for a ride in his Corvette."

The correct form of the sentence in the tweet, including the possessive, is "my and my wife's friend booked us a table." That's a bit awkward. Alternatives include:

"A friend booked a table for me and my wife..." (does not outright state that the person is friend to both of them, but it's implied)
"Our friend booked a table for us..." (it is not clearly stated who "us" is, but it doesn't really matter for the joke)
"A friend took me and my wife to dinner at..." (not accurate if the friend only made the booking and didn't come out to eat, but that would be really weird)
"My wife booked a table for us..." (technically a lie, but much cleaner, and frankly his friend making the booking is irrelevant)

:eng101: This has been ENG 99 with Professor Sagebrush

If people understand what you said then it was an objectively correct way to say it. Language rules should be ignored at every opportunity, communication anarchism.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Antigravitas posted:

Imagining the DeviantArt thread as our version of Rapture fits surprisingly well tbh

Would you kindly post some art, boyo?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If scrolling exhausts you you need to work on your cardio

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Where are the other videos?!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Jöt that down

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Cragon on deez nutz!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Goddamn I have lots of lucid dreams because of meds but I at least condense them down to no more than two sentences at most and only tell them to people I know would be at least half interested.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Diet Rite?! Christ I'd rather drink Shasta.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Data Graham posted:

I could swear that in the 80s I remember there being a TV ad for diet rite that claimed it had the same nutritional value as a baked potato.

“Don’t drink a baked potato … when you can drink Diet Rite”

Dang, a baked potato is like 200 calories by itself, I'd hate to know how bad regular Rite was.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
No it can't, otherwise Superman wouldn't get any of his powers.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Superman. Definitely known for not having been associated with red suns.

I'm not falling for this trap. Nice try!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
It's not rape or murder WTF are you talking about

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Google the car while you wait for the Uber, idiot

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fagtastic posted:

but I am a bottom and stupid.

:same:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

That's a sign of bull respect :colbert:

Cows can also grow horns. They aren't deer.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Heath posted:

The movie is very bad and stars Jared Leto who is also bad

Morbius is a C-list Spiderman villain and they're really scraping the scum to find characters worth making movies over. Also, Morbius is just a funny sounding word. that's as complicated as it is, really

I liked the 90s cartoon Morbius who had lamprey fingers, no shirt, and screamed "Plasma! I need... plaaaaasmaaaa!!!"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Rush is not good

e: fuckin grade A snipe

Rush has some good songs and a lot of garbage

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Rush has like 40 albums and probably enough for one greatest hits CD

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Cartoon Man posted:

Here’s how I do math like a loving boss:

https://i.imgur.com/tFP7sn1.mp4

I learned how to do this from Squirrel Girl.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oh you mean I'm manifesting a second movie that will lose the studios thousands of dollars? Hell yeah!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Nobody cares if you think dude is gender neutral just don't call someone dude if they ask you not to

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

How loving dare you doxx me

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

`Nemesis posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Is it possible to learn this power?

Edit: gently caress

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

]

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Kuros posted:

I speedrun sex and I'm the fastest therefore I win. Saving frames by skipping the taking off clothes section.

https://twitter.com/bronzeswords/status/1449345260207828995

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm partial to the Michigan Dogman

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Bad takes make you nut?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now