Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Croeatine, the protein powder that makes you a billionaire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

space uncle posted:

Goons have a common tendency to:

1. Trust advice given by a stranger on this forum, ask for no credentials or proof.
2. Only half read it and do no further research due to a combination of internet caused ADD and former gifted kid confidence.
3. Get insanely overly invested in whatever the topic is and take it far past the logical endpoint.

Every now and then #3 leads to some kind of goon savant in that narrow topic, like a PhD in a single thread on the forum. Then you end up with some mega thread in a dying sub forum containing the majority of the Internet’s practical information on chestnut cultivation or something.

Proposal: a thread where people discuss their favorite writing instruments
Reality: Grown men berating each other for writing with the wrong hand with the incorrect fountain pen while purchasing hundreds of dollars of bespoke ink and equipment that went out of date in 1785

Proposal: a thread where people talk about a movie they saw
Reality: In order to provide the most post-post-post-ironic take on pop culture and movies the Transformer franchise is held up as a paragon of cinema and huge essays are written to find the meaning of God and life in Adam Sandler films

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp
reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"
reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

what is happening with those nips

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

gintu you piece of poo poo

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Data Graham posted:

That's just a theory.

A GAME theory.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

https://twitter.com/AdamSerwer/status/1508288561753300997

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

BigRed0427 posted:

MAP pride flag

dear god why is this a thing

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Mainwaring posted:

All my friends who I share Terry with every week are starting to get very upset, is Terry dead?

I hope so. Good riddance.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Guildencrantz posted:

Huh. It's fascinating how English speakers have developed ways to get around the norm that "how are you"/"how's it going" is a generic greeting where you expect a positive answer. So I guess instead you have canned noncommittal answers that sound positive, but are code for "things are poo poo but I won't say it out loud". Coming from a culture where "ugh, don't even get me started on this horrible week" is considered a perfectly acceptable response, the Anglophone aversion to complaining in casual conversation keeps tripping me up.

I moved from the US to the UK a few years ago and it took a long while for "You alright?" to stop sounding like the asker thought something was actually wrong with me instead of just being the generic phatic greeting.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Zil posted:

:hmmyes:

Makes me wonder what a director programmer sock would look like.

Directors get a long sleeve striped shirt to go with the socks.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

CainFortea posted:

Do you not know about the word payed? lol.

Payed is a nautical term that doesn't fit here so it's still wrong.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I always remembered it as gray is American and grey is European

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

flavor.flv posted:

Three simple letters:

UwU

*notices ur bullet*

owo wats dis

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah bronze is the superior material for most applications in the ancient and classical world, but iron was cheaper.

Genuinely can't decide which is the worse meme, animated character dances to some boomer song, or Terri the garbage shark

terri is the worst meme by far

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Every time I see a meme with this format all I can focus on is the sweaty bare rear end in the background.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Poops Mcgoots posted:

She bought herself a transphobic red text then accused another poster of buying it for her.

She specifically was found out because she used the one where you buy it for yourself by logging into your account so it's cheaper. If she'd just spend five more bucks she could've gotten away with it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

How dare you attack me like this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Antigravitas posted:

You also return them to get your deposit back.

Not a thing in the US, for the most part. I know the UK at least has you put in a coin to get the cart out so returning it has a material aspect to it, but that's not the case everywhere.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

This is not the magical realm I was promised.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

should both be the first pose tbh, konami is awful

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Cartoon Man posted:

I’d much rather talk about boners than whatever the hell that dumb as poo poo good doctor meme is that I don’t understand and can’t be hosed to google.

surgeon spotted

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I choose all of the above

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

less weird ironyposting about a shark more memes

https://twitter.com/WholesomeMeme/status/1667554714257625091

https://twitter.com/AxelSparkster/status/1658114120015572995

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

the toothpick screwdriver is an amazing touch here

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

dad jokes for dads day

i love the speech bubble tail going right to the mouth, i don't know why

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Tenkaris posted:

No way? I personally am crushed by this.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Flyinglemur posted:

Where is man vs food?

I know, the Food Network Channel 38

LA Beast

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012