Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Change the words "meme thread" to say "CP" on it for sheer perfection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Hey our prime minister in Australia hosed off to Hawaii right in the middle of the 2019-20 bushfires when there was about 10 million acres on fire.

Checkmate ted Cruz aka the zodiac killer

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

New death grips album art looking fire

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I like Mignon eggs because since they're in real egg-shells, you can decorate them like... eggs.

gently caress I haven't had these since I was in Finland in 2019

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

toanoradian posted:

6 months of saving 1800 is 10K, he got 100K from his family, how did he get the remaining ~600K? Do you need less than the actual amount to 'own' a building?

When you buy a house you take out a mortgage, most banks tend to want 5-20% of the property value as a deposit

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

euphronius posted:

It’s not a deposit. There are deposits on homes sales usually but they are not 5-20% and go to the seller not the bank . They are like 500-2000$

Usually the largest mortgage you can get is 80% of the houses value. Banks don’t go higher than 80% so they don’t lose money if they have to immediately foreclose

If you have to get a 90% mortgage you have to get something called mortgage insurance to cover the banks exposure

I know lol. We just bought a house a few months back. It's referred to as a deposit in Australia at least, that 10-20% that the bank doesn't cover. At least in Australia, any deposit over 5% iirc is viable, but you have to pay LMI at a pro rata amount (lenders mortgage insurance)

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

bike tory posted:

https://twitter.com/GeorgeKCampbell/status/1369894955703930880?s=19

Interest rates are like 2.5% p.a., capital gains at the moment (in NZ) are like 15-20% p.a.

Trust me, the interest you pay on the mortgage is not the issue here.

My partner and I bought in South eastern Sydney and paid just shy of $1m for the place, the market has gone berserk and now our place is valued at 1-1.1 million according to some poo poo eating idiots real estate agents

The NZ property market is beyond hosed

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

SpacePig posted:

I don't know why they just didn't keep him as from Australia, it's equally true.

They'd need to change it to ice and have him wearing high vis

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Bum the Sad posted:

You’re bad and should feel bad

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Why would you bum the sad when you can bum the glad

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I made that post I'm sure of it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm not imagining it
https://imgur.com/gallery/aaal1RX

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Dewgy posted:

I have made improvements.

Hahahahahah gently caress

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

organburner posted:

I think that tuition in america is also way more expensive than anywhere else.

At least I didn't pay poo poo for my bachelors of engineering here in Finland. I think only foreigners need to pay tuition and it's like 4000-18000€ per year or something.

Yeah I came over there for work (I used to work for Flowrox, based in Lappeenranta. Their Australian office is in Sydney) and my boss was telling me about the educational system over there. You guys have it right, as well as the heavily subsidised lunches for students. Our head office was near LUT campus and so we used to eat at the cafeteria there. €2 for lunch and it was an all you can eat deal. What a way to live as a student!

Comparatively I did a double bachelor's in engineering and business then a master of engineering science and my HECS debt (the one the guy above you mentioned) was like $65k AUD

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Thank mr skeltal

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Memento posted:

"people who annoy you"

loving lmao what an episode

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Amphigory posted:

Gorillaz are as utterly insufferable as NFTs, and are also adored by clueless fuckwits

PYF Mmrnmhrm: post your opinion and don't elaborate

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also Gorillaz are good and NFTs are a pyramid scheme

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm the artifacting

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

In raspy bogan voice "fruity lexia makes ya sexy-aaaaaaaaa"

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Tenkaris posted:

I got it immediately and it was :vince:

The best snipe I’ve ever seen

Ok I'll bite, what is it you're seeing besides a fish

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

DyneAvenger posted:

fish = page number

Ah poo poo I wasn't even looking, nice

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

ChubbyChecker posted:

what is a 'somad'

Soma Deez nuts

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

The Anime Liker posted:

Isn't korgan an IRL terry and he did bad crimes?

I thought that was that dude people made the Cougars emotes about what was his name

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Randaconda

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Glottis posted:

King crab, dungeness crab, and blue crab are pretty much tied in my book, and all tastier than lobster. And that concludes my hot derail take.

Australian spanner crab is better imvho than all of them.

Lobster sucks, bugs (the underwater kind like Moreton Bay or Balmain) are markedly better than both lobster and crab imvho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Lol shut up you nerds