Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
some days i really wish i knew half the words i now know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zil posted:

They said the orgy was all you could eat. I don't see the problem. :shrug:

i think you're onto something -- i think the ancient romans established the tradition, calling it first served, first come.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"What dril does for the written word, Gianni does for the moving image." -- Bradley Michael Fartz, Pretense and Snobbery Monthly

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

You're mad about this when we have lost the war over whether the joke in salami cat is "as a treat" rather than "little A salami"

Por que no los dos?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FFT posted:

The book is also set in '99, focused on the turn of the millennium, and predicted 7 billion population 12 years early. And NYC at 35 million (current metropolitan area pop ~20 million)

The movie feels more spot on tbh (with cherry-picking, natch)

Oh great, the future turned out to be that book and not any of the stainless steel rat ones.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Clearly not directed at me, I'm in my forties and three likes is my personal best.

:smith:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:golfclap:

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Florida's back in The Silmarillion, boys!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
despite not understanding the reference in the lower-left, i sincerely think conversation pits are a good idea.

edit: i also think walk-in bathtubs are cool, too, so that may be a consequence of me turning into an old.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bug Squash posted:

You should watch Silence of the Lambs, or else you get get the hose again

that is a dog right up front there. goddamn.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
GODDAMNIT CHEEZITS HAVE A FLAKIER TEXTURE just lemme have my snack time in peace

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyperlynx posted:

Hungolomghononoloughongous

What happens then?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if i could hook up a carbonation system to my tap water, i'd just drink that.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
EDIT: actually, just look at lifesundeath's post, because i'm dumb.

"have you ever used hulk hogan meat shoes...for weed?"

Hyperlynx posted:

Goddamnit do kids just not know about :filez: or something? We need a public education campaign :ohdear:

a dude wearing a roll of cat5 cable on his head travels the country teaching people how to pirate media. the legend of johnny fileseed.

VVV thank you very much

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 17:13 on Aug 20, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goa Tse-tung posted:

that so? what color is the Boathouse on Arrakis?

how the shai'halud should i know?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Data Graham posted:

*me reading about the insane anti-sex cult origins of graham crackers* Well at least other countries won't call these things by some kind of freaking bizarre names like “digestive biscuits” and “wine biscuits”

"the reverend graham will be delivering a lecture this saturday."

"the same reverend that heads the anti-sex league?"

"yep."

"...i don't think i'll come."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Seth Pecksniff posted:

this is the dumbest thread on this site and I love it so much and I love everyone who posts these dumb memes so much :glomp:

:hai:

sometimes the only salve for a wounded soul is to take refuge in stupid loving ridiculousness.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
since we're sharing meme tunes from YTMND, might as well provide a couple of straight bangers

NEDM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp-Xc59rXYo

Dr Billy V Koen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3DGqyESLdQ

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Antigravitas posted:

Nobody likes it when we have fun.

i feel as though i should ask a question

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 11:48 on Aug 29, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

It’s not the worst Christmas song by far. Everyone gets too uptight about it.

agreed, christmas shoes is a crime against humanity

vince garaldi's compositions weren't just perfect for charlie brown, it was perfect for christmas.

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 21:53 on Sep 1, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dr Christmas posted:

I’ve never heard Christmas Shoes out in the world, and I feel like the effects of the song should be considered. And the fact that most people haven’t heard of it outside of a Patton Oswalt but keeps it from being as awful as it could be.

I’m not definitively saying it’s the worst, but 12 Days of Christmas should be considered a top contender for being a slog and a chore.

it's not even really all that offensive, it's just so loving bland. it's that excessively mawkish, corporately-assembled, pop-by-numbers bullshit that you'd expect from christian rock, a genre mired in its own self-important bullshit. all sorts of horseshit came from pat robertson and kenneth copeland huffing their own farts and convincing themselves that american protestantism can supplant pop music instead of supplementing it and accomplishing absolutely none of their goals, stated or unstated.

oswalt's bit illustrates perfectly why the song sucks because the entire premise falls apart when you think about it more than five seconds. it's appeals to the shallow morality for a lot of shallow people -- the song is literally "i helped a kid who is gonna have to bury his ma and i'm gonna make this about me."

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Sep 3, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's also worth pointing out that a lot of electric vehicles have something like that already in the regenerative brake system. it converts some of that mechanical energy back into electrical where most of it would be lost as heat energy.

PizzaProwler posted:

MY LASAGA

MY LASAGA

i am making the conscious decision to hear this in the garfielf voice

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGbhJjXl9Rk

gorefield, garfielf, garfield without garfield. i'm hard-pressed to think of any other media property that has been such a blank canvas for meme creativity.

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 16:58 on Sep 5, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kirk van houten: "do you sleep in a trailer shark?"

homer simpson: "no, i sleep in a car with my wife"

me, checking the channel guide of the grey-market iptv service of indeterminate national origin: "...the hell?"

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have a positive impression of memes from other... monoglots? or is that just a glot?

point is, finnish, german, arabic, fuckin' post that poo poo.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SpacePig posted:

The Wednesday frog is actually a hugely destructive invasive species in Australia that is encroaching on the areas for the native Thursday toad and Friday frog, and even starting to choke the Wednesday landscape enough to put the Wednesday wallaby at risk.

You gotta be very careful introducing species, Terry. At least bring us a terrarium or something, geez.

pretty sure the continent has been hosed since the introduction of an invasive species back in 1788 colliquially known as "the british."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

that is not something sam elliot wou-- ...gently caress, i don't even know anymore.

BonHair posted:

To give them some credit, they did manage to introduce the number one most deadly animal in Australia, a continent known for having deadly animals. Along with various ecological disasters from, among others, frogs.
The British may gently caress things up, but at least they gently caress them up proper.

can't flip through a calendar without knocking over somebody celebrating their independence from britain so you do have a point

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 02:59 on Sep 8, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
pretty sure it's nacho cheese-flavoured david mitchel

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i float like a stingin' eye, and i sting like a floatin' eye

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Amphigory posted:

She went hard "R"?

big deal, detective, so does every stiff.

if yours last more than 4, however, call your local mad scientist.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

a sunday afternoon with the boys, fauntleroyin' as we crack open cold ones

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a quick question for everybody this sweltering thermatember evening-- you know those memes where they present an innocuous-sounding statement but suggest search terms giving radically different results than what the statement is about?

E.g. "Did you know sega almost tanked the world economy in the 1990s? Google Sonic inflation for more information"

Yeah, what do you call those? I'm looking to collect them and didn't know if there was already commonly accepted designation for them.

That, and "trap memes" gives me wildly different results.

Gene Hackman Fan has a new favorite as of 02:43 on Sep 22, 2022

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Armitag3 posted:

hoisted by your own petard

lemme make sure i have an understanding here-- someone ends up finding something they like but not what they expected. that's a form of comedic irony, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I do not know either but I want to know because "obama 90%" and "ruth bader ginsburg race" get me every time

hell, my newest favorite of those was a list of resources to help the women in your life who have been affected by the assassination of former japanese PM shinzo abe. for more information, consult your seach engine of choice for 'shinzo abe comfort women'