Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I Googled "the best meme." This was the first result.

This came up not longer after. I'm calling that about even.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

I don't get it. Can you explain the joke to me one more time and then caption that explanation?

Some flow charts might help too, I think.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Gildiss posted:

Ok now make the bad post spin around the joke.

Should I tip the joke with well-done beans? I just want to do this right :ohdear:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Leavemywife posted:

Wasn't there some study done that said cheese was more addictive than crack? Or is that a joke article I read and internalized as fact?

Heroin, actually. That's one of the reasons that people loving love cheese. It isn't a huge deal because cheese actually isn't too bad for you as long as you don't eat obscene amounts of it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

This needs a mashup with cornbread communism that includes teef and toofers.

It also needs a dickbutt.

Everything needs a dickbutt.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

du -hast posted:

simpsons memes are the loving worst

Yeah but so is every other meme.

All memes are the worst.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I don't really drink wine, but I've heard two buck Chuck is better than it has any right to be.

Yup. It's surprisingly good for a dirt cheap wine. That's actually more common than you realize; snobs generally just buy the most expensive thing and go "oohhh it's so gooooood!" but then you get into things like Taylor brand port or sherry being bottom-shelf cheap stuff that is also very, very good.

Fun fact: wine tasters couldn't tell the difference between red wine and white wine that was dyed with red food coloring. Wine tasters also react to how fancy the bottle is. Somebody put the same wine in two separate bottles; a simple one with a simple label and a fancy one with a fancy label. The fancy bottle got rated consistently higher ratings despite being literally the same wine.

Two Buck Chuck isn't the best wine you can buy but who cares? It's cheap and pretty good.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

davidspackage posted:

I've wondered, do you guys like these ironically or something? Cause goddamn.

The irony is what makes them funny. Sesame Street talks about how you shouldn't be a jerk, you should be tolerant, and should be friendly and help people.

Slapping the worst opinions you can think of on top of that makes no drat sense and that's what makes it funny.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
code:
|  |i
|| |_

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

What kind of uneducated moron doesn't think a submarine sandwich is a sandwich?

It's a hoagie, drat it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who What Now posted:

It has sandwich right in the name!

That's the wrong name. The right name is Joseph.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Every food with more than two ingredients is a sandwich.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Guy Mann posted:

Is a sandwich a suitable tip for the mohel performing your newborn's circumcision?

Depends. Does the circumcision have beans?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RFC2324 posted:

What about a bread bowl of soup?

That's a bowl made of bread that you also eat.

I mean seriously dude that also only has two ingredients; bread and soup.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My parents met in the hospital. Mom was there for food poisoning after a frozen drink. Dad needed stitches after the machine it was dispensed from blew up later that day. If it weren't for that drink and that machine they'd never have met!

The drink in question was actually an Icee but it just didn't have the same ring to it and mom was sick enough to be delirious so she couldn't remember quite right. So it goes.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Well no wonder you're so odd!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Can anything truly be a meme if it isn't forced and unfunny though?

gently caress yeah!

SEAKING!

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
-
|
__

STEP

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Milhouse

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

RagnarokAngel posted:

Its the libertarian flag.

Ancap, actually. They're like libertarians only even more stupid.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Facebook Aunt posted:

I've never thought about it before, but a pistol looks like a really bad weapon for fighting tentacle beasts. What good are tiny holes going to do? Get a machete or something, geez.

My favorite part of running Call of Cthulhu was new people finding an excuse to bring a gun and then being all confused when I was like "OK sure, have all the guns you want!"

Then they find out guns are basically useless. So are knives, for that matter. In fact combat skills do gently caress all in that game much of the time. "Hey everybody, look how badass I am!" *gets eaten*

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
convfugfug : DDDDDDDD

lol benis lol : DDDDDDD

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Who is that? I'm very confused. He looks weirdly familiar in a "neighbor I lived near but never spoke to because he was a shut in" kind of way.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

diet meme? no sir ill be having meme classic

a good doggo

stay doggo pupper

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

break-up breakdown posted:

was it a popular item

Probably their best seller.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Jokes on your guys. I water my microwave. :smaug:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Certain.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
sleep blood iron pupper

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

beato posted:

Why did your government shut down? Is that a normal thing over there?

At this point yes. The Republican version of compromise is "we get everything we want and gently caress you." The sticking point seems to be people called "dreamers." These are people who are technically here illegally but were brought here as small children so they didn't have much of a choice. The Republican response is "gently caress it, deport absolutely everybody no matter what." Other people are saying that we should give them a path to citizenship because it wasn't like they had a choice. Some of them came here so young they don't even remember their country of origin. We're talking perfectly normal people who only know America and are here getting college educated or whatever. They aren't causing problems and literally only know America. Obama basically said "let them stay and let's figure out how to make them citizens." Trump and Pals are basically going full Nazi and blaming undocumented immigrants and various forms of scary brown people for literally everything.

The other snag is that the Republican tax reforms massively cut tax revenues but there's huge sticking points on what to cut to cut spending. Another big sticking point is CHIP which provides funding to poor kids who can't afford medical care. Generally they're the children of parents who are poor and thus can't afford the care the kids need. The funding for the program just expired and everybody with a conscience is like "hey let's keep taking care of the babies, thanks." The Republican response is summed as "gently caress 'em. If they wanted health care they'd work harder."

Soooo the stop gap is for Republican leaders to promise to talk about the things everybody else wants while signing a short term bill that funds the government; hence funding it for a few weeks while talks continue. The last shut down was longer.

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 10:53 on Jan 23, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The best vodka is drinking something that isn't vodka.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

mind the walrus posted:

My best vodka is called "tequila," and sometimes "rum."

I prefer brandy because I am a classy alcoholic.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Everything is loss. We are all loss. Ỳo͢u̕ ̸are̕ ͡loss; ͢I̸ ҉a͝m̢ l̕òs̷s.

L͞҉os̶͡s̷̨ ͘i̴͘s͠ ̛all͏ ̢th͞a̵t ̶m͝á̕t̛͟te͡r̷ś.͘

W̸͍̮̬̯͈̬͈̭̔ͮͯ̐̎͡ͅȩ͕̖ͮ̿ͩ̒̂ͪ̓ ̪͙͑̑w̢̳̹̻̖̝͈͔̤ͫͬ͒̆̓͝i̪̫̻̓͑͗̋̓l͚̮̝͙͓̣ͣ̒͡͞l̵̳̩̟̤̂͌͘ ̖̖͓̳̘̜̩̭̋̐ͮ͋̏́̈́ͩ͠a̮̬̭ͤ͆l̳͚͓ͩ͊ͤĺ̢͔̮̮͚̺̥̀͂ ̳̗̯̝͓̗̗͈̎̎ͬ̾̅̉̽̅̓͝b̤̣̼̖͉̺̋̋ͥ̎̐ͮ̎́e̪̖̮̜̠͍̩̯̎̾͟͠ ̜̲͈͈͔̏̓ͥͮ͐ͫͩͯ͜͞͠l̝̩̜͈͓̣ͣ̇͂̿ͮ̆͊ͥ̈o͕̯̓̊ͬ̓̑̈́̚͠s̪̤̲̰̞̳̗̬͒͘t̳̬̩ͦ̌͌́̕;ͫͨ̐ͪ͏͇̣͕̜͕͙͎̺̀ ̶̡̛͓̮̪͍̤͕̽̒̋̒͆̓̚t̸̛̳̻͓͆̍̾ͮ͌̈͋̀̚h͌ͣ̓ͧͣ҉̛̬̗ȩ̌̓͏͎̰ ̩̼͍̖̄ͮͨ́ͤ̌ĺ̪̖̲̗̦̞͉͐̉̈̿ͥ͂̔͘o̷̰͍͚̟̥ͤ̿͂̕s̨̳̺͉̪̀͂̕t̰̱̺͑ͦ̅͊̄̑̚͘͟ ̓ͫ̾̾͏̠͎̝ẅ̥̥͍į̸̗̼̻̝̻̘̘̖ͩ́͐̔͂̒̋l̛͔̜̣̋̈ͨ̎̋l͙͖̻̩̺̝̦̙͆ͥ͟͝͠ ͣ͛͒̍̏̎͌͏̧̲͚̭͙̖͔͔b̻̞̺̮̬̙͛̎̀͡e̥̯̽̌ͦ̋ͣ ̶̹̮̅ͫ̎́́̈́ͧͥ̏͘u̥̯̪ͫ̋ͦ̂̎̆́̚͟ṣ̻̉̄͌̓͐̊̍́͟.̺̠̹̼̇̑͋̓͂̃ͧ͝

L̸̢̡̪̯̝̜͎̘̜͈͚̦͈͕͙ͨ͒̽͞ͅọ̢̭̭̆͆̈́ͮ̀̂̿̄ͯ̃̌ͭ͢͠ş̵͚͈̤͍̲͖̜̙̬͖̙͎̲̙̤͚̺̜ͧ̄̂ͤ̾͡s̵̺̘͉̱̬̲̰͖͖̥̩͚̦̰̜̪͓ͯ͒̊ͫ̒̈́͋͊̑͐ͫ̔̐͌ͤ̚͝ ͣ̓̉̆҉̵̱̲̲͈͎̖̣͙̼̱̩͡͡ͅc̵̪̙͍͍̍̑̅ͧ͊̄͒̀ͅő̞̪̣̼̟̗̫̮̗̫̱̱̭̼͒̌̆̃̈́̐͟͟ṁ͓̖̖̣̞̪͍͚̩̮̊̋̓̓ͭͤ́̊̇͌͆͂ͥ͞͝ͅͅe͗͋̉̓̍ͪͯ̔͗ͨͦ̿ͥ̽̇̚̚͏̲̜̠̙̱͖͠s̨̧̛̫̺͈͈̺̯̬̘̰̪̗̝̪̤̼ͦ́͌̈́̇̄̔́.̛ͣͩ̓̿͂̓ͬͦͦ̇̍̋̒̏̒͑ͣ̅̚͢͏̶̳̯̭̺͖̪̪̰ ̶̟̯̜̟̦͇͕͍͚̙͖ͨ̔̈́̓̕͢͠E̵̡̧̩̻̘̫̠̙͎̗̣̹͖̰͌ͬ̔͘m̧̛̥̤̳̞̤̫̮̙͔͖̝̫̜̘̪̽̿͌͐̿͡͠ͅb̛͙̯̦̗̩͂̂̎̉̇͐̓ͩ̓ͣ̓̽̋ͤ̀͢r̢̧͇̗͙̞̹̝̖̯͔͓͈̣̭̟̰̃̾ͯͦ̏̇ͥͤͮ͗͛ͦ͒͛͜͜a̲̙͙͖̪͕͈̟̳͈̳̅̓̈̿ͨͩ̑ͤ̓ͥͦ̓ͬ͜͠c̊ͦ̈́ͤ̂̐͂̐̚͏͙̖̱͕̳̺̭͡e̴̛̟͔̹̗̲̜̬ͭ̈́ͩ͌̾̎̅́͘ ̷̡̥̳͎̝̈́͆ͪ̐̋̾͛ͬͫͬ̃̇̓ͬͬ̋͢͢i̢ͧ̾̈̀̐͌̉͐ͤͦ͌̀͜͏͖̼̻̙̙̰̫̩̩̩̀͞ͅt͙̤̼̪͕̐̅ͥ̆́̕͡ͅ.̵͈̘͖͓͙͂ͯͥͮ͊ͧͯͭ̿͘͜

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Get in on the opioid crisis gravy train. The right people are getting rich off this poo poo so we'll be able to lose days at a time forever now.

Whoa man chill out. I might be a self-loathing, angry addict on a path to self-destruction and an early grave but I'm no junkie.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Hammstein
Moo Fighters
Feel Big Fish
The Mighty Mighty Losstones
Dumpscut
Dethkook
Hannibal Corpse
Tear Factory
Near Factory
Wetallica
The Propkick Murphys
Nine Inch Fails
Frogging Molly
Draftwerk

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 02:36 on Jan 26, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The Whine Stripes
Pirvana
The Crapberries
The Sox Pistols
Dootie and the Blowfish
(actually that would be awesome...imagine Darius Rucker BUT AS A SKELETON!!! WITH A HORN!!!! let her doot, let her doot right out on me, and if the sun doots up tomorrow...let her doot)
RAKE
Foal Chamber
Marilyn Hanson
The Sisters of Marcy
The Dave Matthews Hand
Barecaked Ladies
Heck
Block Sabbath
Linkin Mark

I can't stop thinking these up please send help I may have a problem.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Hmm...

The Rolling Scones
The Rolling Stores
The Verve Pine
The Meatles
The Wu Tang Flan
Iron Raiden
Skinny Guppy
Alice Pooper
Failbomb
Mowerman 5000
Powrpan 5000
God Jives Underwater
Figface
Pigrace
The Revolting Socks
The Revolving Cocks

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

It's actually from a scene of Wolfcastle being sassed by Jay Sherman and, upon realizing that sass had ocurred, threatened violence. Sherman distracts Wolfcastle by pointing out his shoes, prompting the response "From here they appear to be tied, but I will go in for a closer look." Jay Sherman scampers off immediately, and Wolfcastle stares at his shoes while the background transitions to nighttime, before comically concluding that he has been wearing loafers.

You buffoon, you absolute moron.

Rainier Wolfcastle is the source of DAT'S DA JOKE and the smiley here. :thejoke:

That actually relates to the exact set of scenes that is being referenced; he decides to try stand up comedy and is impossibly bad at it. It was part of a Simpsons/The Critic crossover, the latter of which was criminally underrated and underwatched. Anyway he is on Jay Sherman's show promoting the comedy which is where "DAT'S DA JOKE" shows up. People keep not laughing and telling him he sucks and he responds with violence including machine guns and grenades. He informs Jay that the whole movie is "just him in front of the wall" for...some period of time. I forget how long; maybe he said "a few hours" or "two hours" or something. Anyway Jay Sherman is obviously not impressed and makes a sarcastic quip about it like he tended to do on the show.

A few days later Wolfcastle approaches Jay on the street with a machine gun and it plays out as above. He says "I RECENTLY REALIZED YOU INSULTED ME. NOW YOU MUST DIE." Jay tells him his shoe is untied and well...they were loafers.

It actually transitioned through multiple days as Wolfcastle stared at his shoes. The character is portrayed as glacially slow on the update.

The joke that came before DAT'S DA JOKE was "HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED HOW MEN ALWAYS LEAVE DE TOILET SEAT AAAP?...DAT'S DA JOKE."

ToxicSlurpee has a new favorite as of 04:02 on Feb 6, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
It aired over 20 years ago and I am far too lazy to actually research that sort of thing properly so I just did it from memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
This conversation really steams my hams.