Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Zereth posted:

Wouldn't beer from 1597 be pretty bad by now?
Not as bad as a fruit product from 2022 years ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Warbird posted:

Can someone post that picture of the unibomber being quoted in some math dissertation with the side note of “best known for other work”? Tia
it's the first google image search result for that phrase

mystes
May 31, 2006

Snl has had occasional funny skits but I've never thought an entire episode was good even when I was 16

mystes
May 31, 2006

These are some terryble jokes

mystes
May 31, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

what seasonal affective disorder does to a pizza mfer.
seasoning affective disorder must be why so many places use heat lamps

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mauser posted:

Why can't that man smile like he's not taking a middle school yearbook photo
chronic thumbnailitis

mystes
May 31, 2006

Irony (III) oxide

mystes
May 31, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

took about 2 decades but I got a thread title
just in time for the thread to get gassed

mystes
May 31, 2006

I thought I was sick of demon core memes but apparently not because lol

mystes
May 31, 2006

ugh

mystes
May 31, 2006

I guess the joke is specifically that after she's turned into a chimera she would fit into the dimensions for the banner

mystes
May 31, 2006

Grassy Knowles posted:

Twice a year they switch the direction and that’s seasons
Obviously the north and southern hemispheres rotate in opposite directions, which causes the coriolis effect and is why the southern hemisphere has the opposite seasons

mystes
May 31, 2006

CainFortea posted:

Also orcas do memes, which is fitting for this thread. Few years ago a bunch of them were wearing fish as hats.

So tearing the rudders off yachts might just be the orca version of goblin mode.
Thank god nobody told them about nfts

mystes
May 31, 2006

:perfect:

mystes
May 31, 2006

zoux posted:

Orcas cannot dive below 850m.
How about if we made them special diving suits?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Manager Hoyden posted:

It's weird seeing all the fawning over orcas since they are some of the most hosed up disturbing animals in the sea

Like the nearest human equivalent would be something like a Japanese commissioned officer in China in 1937
I mean that just shows how similar to humans they are really

mystes
May 31, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

As a grown-rear end man who thinks way too much about controller ergonomics, this post has so much bait it's insane
I fixed it for you

mystes
May 31, 2006

If the submarine memes are getting you down and you want to do something fun to cheer yourself up, amazon has a deal on a wireless game controller right now:
https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Wireless-Nano-Receiver-Controller-Vibration/dp/B0041RR0TW

mystes
May 31, 2006

that looks more like taco hell

mystes
May 31, 2006

I did it once and I just remember it being gross

mystes
May 31, 2006

Powered Descent posted:

So the accessibility feature for people who can't do complex keyboard operations should be activated by a complex keyboard operation. Got it. :hmmyes:
oh come on

mystes
May 31, 2006

that's what you get for posting on an app for platonic relationships

mystes
May 31, 2006

Phosphine posted:

This chart is implying that you, inexplicably, have decided to start having lead everywhere again. Is that correct?
no, you're reading it backwards I think

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jothan posted:

I’m not even sure what the y axis is supposed to be. I think it’s supposed to be, if you’re in the top 50 percentile wrt lead in your blood, you correspond to the color halfway up the chart for your age?
yeah? The actual data is just the percentage of the population that falls into each bucket (the size of the color bands) but because they're stacked in order they do effectively work like that as percentiles

mystes
May 31, 2006

Mauser posted:

my wife told me to put the green towels in the bathroom and I told her "we don't have green towels" and she got out the yellow towels and insisted they were green
Don't be mean to your color blind wife

mystes
May 31, 2006

Beeswax posted:

Anyone have any dreams they want to tell us about while we're at it?
I dreamed a meme in times gone by when I was high and this thread was worth reading

mystes
May 31, 2006

I'm not sure that scientists came up with that common name

mystes
May 31, 2006

eddoghetto posted:

drat, people gettin real salty about fries in this thread. I always order my threads without salt to they have to be made fresh and then just add salt later
Everyone knows that threads have to be salted immediately after frying or it won't stick

mystes
May 31, 2006

Killingyouguy! posted:

If you dress like that I WILL ask you where products are at Best Buy
Technically I think best buy employees wear khakis rather than dad jeans

mystes
May 31, 2006

CzarChasm posted:

What makes them programmer socks?
they're thigh high and striped usually

mystes
May 31, 2006

freeedr posted:

I wear shirts with either pants or shorts most of the time
this is some very unorthodox fashion here

mystes
May 31, 2006

unfortunately, wearing elegant clothing will not make up for being a nazi version of kermit the frog

mystes
May 31, 2006

kalel posted:

these astroturfed grimace shake memes? yeah, I'm lovin' it :c00lbutt:
I feel like if it was astroturfed they wouldn't have the meme be that it kills everyone but I guess if it is then their marketing people are smart

mystes
May 31, 2006

zoux posted:

Some dinosaurs - primarily the coolest ones - had feathers? Sounds fake actually, and I refuse to believe it.
This "birds aren't real" conspiracy theory is getting out of hand

mystes
May 31, 2006

a conspiracy out of pocket is worth two out of the toosh

mystes
May 31, 2006

I got attacked by a swan while kayaking a few days ago and I would absolutely not do it again unless the swan took an anger management course first

mystes
May 31, 2006

Boba Pearl posted:

Tell me you don't want to give it a little taste.
wtf no how could you eat such a cute moth

mystes
May 31, 2006

zoux posted:

It's doing the hitler salute.
nah it's just doing :hmmyes:

mystes
May 31, 2006

BonHair posted:

If birds are dinosaurs, then whales are fish.
Fish are a paraphyletic group without a scientifically valid definition, unlike dinosaurs, but if you did try to define them as an actual monophyletic group then whales and humans would both be fish because that's how modern taxonomy works (the most recent common ancestor of everything we call fish is also an ancestor of tetrapods)

However since dinosauria is specifically defined as a clade of animals in a way that the term "fish" doesn't claim to be currently, arguably it's not reasonable to say that "whales are fish" in the same way that "birds are dinosaurs" unless you want to actually make an argument for defining "fish" in a taxonomically valid way (but maybe you should, I don't know)

mystes has a new favorite as of 20:53 on Jul 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystes
May 31, 2006

Biplane posted:

fish are condoms, got it
that took me a minute but lol