Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

Bernkastel's smiles are unnerving.

eta: Krauss isn't listed in the bodies or alive in the parlor.

Odd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BurningStone posted:

Kinzo isn't anywhere either.

Well yeah he is dead.

EagerSleeper posted:

Simple. Krauss is human Bernkastel. It wouldn't be the first time that he took someone else’s identity (see: the previous game where he inherited Kinzo's name).

Wait was it confirmed it was Krauss who took Kinzo's name. (Or is this just a joke.)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Hahahahahahahahaha lets talk about Krauss's excellent vision again!

Krauss is incompetent.

This is not really a problem with Krauss's vision. This is a problem with him being a gulible idiot that trusts swindlers, and simply gives away his money to them, then he still believes them and starts giving away other people's money to them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

The personal guard of Maria. Definitely the ceramic rabbits.

Seems to be doubling as those and the rifles.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Despite Natsuhi coming up with the idea, she is was by far the worst actor of the people here. Like whenever one of the true accusations come up in the first arc she would react to it in a way that made it quite clear they were correct.

bman in 2288 posted:

But if Natsuhi is the one who came up with the idea that Kinzo's still alive, does that mean that, with last game, she was the one masquerading as Kinzo in front of everyone? And everyone just accepted it? drat, that's a really hard-rear end woman.

Don't think so. Eva and the rest don't respect her enough. Added on we know that no one can actually mistake Kinzo. And that is was a case of someone inheriting his name.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Mar 21, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

No-one can mistake Kinzo, but we have no proof that anyone ever saw him either. Right after that it all gets magic weird. It's more parsimonious to just say that scene never happened at all. No-one mistook Kinzo because no-one saw Kinzo in the first place.

We do know they acknowledged someone as Kinzo there. But it was implied to be because he passed on his name or something.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bman in 2288 posted:

She does come from a family of... Shrine caretakers or something? A semi-religious family, I recall.

Shinto Priests would be the word. She would probably dress more traditionally Japanese had she not joined with the ushiromiya's who are very western.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

idonotlikepeas posted:

Knox allows that one might include a secret passage in an appropriate area (and Rokkenjima definitely qualifies as that), but that you should limit yourself to one out of good taste. They haven't been used to bust a closed room yet, though, so that's something.

Well one is what we seem to have. The one that leads to the Hidden Gold and the second Mansion.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Eleanore posted:

I need to sleep on it but What The gently caress, that phone call was definitely voiced by Daisuke Ono aka Battler's VA. So did Rudolf sleep with Natsuhi and there was a switch with Asumu's baby/toddler/child? no wait there is still a year apart... Or is this a case of the voice casting agency being lazy and just reusing Daisuke Ono for a one time thing?

More thoughts incoming after I get a nights rest.

(PS if Koyasu Takehito or Mitsuki Saiga has voiced any character we haven't got a video of, I'll be sad.)

Well despite the clearly battler voice that may just be to make it mysterious. According to Natsuhi the voice sounded young and she could not rule out that it may have be a girls voice.

Given the theme that played was said to belong to a new character it may be them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I have actually heard of Erika before and I heard her image song a few years back. I know nothing about her other then apparently lots of fans hate her.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rodyle posted:

She's one of the 27 great demons.

Other way around 72.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Amidiri posted:

Maybe that's not a purposeful decision by 'Beatrice' but rather a side effect of Erika arriving during the time frame where Maria would usually get the letter?

Yeah Erika showing up kind of throws a wrench into things.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The image song I heard for her is even called Intellectual rapist.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I don't think that would be the case. Battler was never aware of the Beatrice thing and has no connection to it as she died before he was born.

Added on the current Beatrice stated last game she did not exist until 6 years ago.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tender Child Loins posted:

I'm interested in seeing where the mysterious phone caller comes into this story. While we don't have outside confirmation that a call did happen (no red statements speak to that, right?), it adds another layer to Natsuhi's psychological stress this time. Could that person be using the murders to frame her and get revenge? Natsuhi even speculated that Erika may have been the caller, but we know that, as the detective, she can't be the culprit or an accomplice to murder. So it's possible Erika is being manipulated to suspect Natsuhi.

As to the identity of the caller, there are a few clues that can help us figure that out. One, their age, which is 19. Two, their dubious gender: contrary to the VA's delivery of the lines, it's noted that the voice is more or less a tenor as far as depth goes. Three, they called Natsuhi "mother." But they can't be her child by Krauss, because we know that she had trouble conceiving during that time. Jessica is 16, IIRC.

About 20 years prior to the last family conference, did anything interesting happen on Rokkenjima?

Jessica was said to be 18. Same age as Battler but but If IRC was said to be the slightly younger of the two.

Erika was just said to be slightly younger then them, probably 16 or 17.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

I thought that with that line, but I don't understand Kinzo's reaction at all. You could brush it away with "he's insane", but within presumably a couple of months, he's lost young Beatrice and her child, and he seems completely chill about it. I'm very much in favour of that theory, and I think that it's a really odd response if it's right.

It's possible it just finally broke him and he lost himself to the madness that continued to his death.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Actually from playing the start of this episode myself. The voices changes right before she hangs up. To sounding more like how its described. Or was that the previous time. I can't remember.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

So in Three Kingdoms metaphor land, would Battler be the one who wins in the end? There aren't really any other candidates for a fourth party. Maria I guess, but shes a very inconsistent witch.

Also, Berns blue text does seem like it covers most of the possibilities for the corpses vanishing. Though the third one seems very reminiscent of small bombs because people saw the corpses up close. Except maybe Genji - he's the separate corpse so he's more likely to be odd in some way.

Erika our new eye piece never bothered to look at the corpses. So fake corpses or them not being dead could be the answer.

Also Erika is still being an arrogant piece of poo poo. Arrogance is probably the trait I despise most in characters.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
So Ange had a dream that pretty much told her to reject Eva and never be happy. As a result she rejected Eva and destroyed her happiness.

But yeah it's kind of sad that Ange started the fight with Eva.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

Seriously, though. So much of this red truth is devoted to establishing alibis. So we've got to accept them. And unless Krauss did it (doubtful), then we have to conclude that the people in thread shouting "PHRASING!" were absolutely right -- nobody would've mistaken the corpses for alive, because they were alive, there was no mistake.

But... that would seem to involve the culprit of this case being... everyone but Krauss and Natsuhi somehow???

Editing to add: Battler is the character whose viewpoint we can trust, supposedly, but that's meta-Battler. Not a piece-Battler that was under Bernkastel's control for the rest of the game. So we can't trust... any scenes from anyone? Or, more likely, we can trust Natsuhi scenes to an extent. Did she ever see either of the first two crime scenes? The bodies were gone by the time she got to the guesthouse. Did she go to check on Genji herself? If not, we have no credible witness to any body but Hideyoshi's.

We can trust Erika scenes apparently.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
He is Battler. He is even falling to his emotions.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well uh at least this episode has a good ending for Ange as her family lived.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

We've still not solved the meaning of that number yet, either. The first half's Battler's birthday, which might be a coincidence, but seems unlikely. But we still don't have a good candidate for the second half that I can think of.

Uh I though we had the number revealed back in episode 4. It's a bank code for a bunch of money.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CottonWolf posted:

Oh yeah. The stuff the survivors families got, right?

E: That doesn't rule out the number having significance too though.

Well the dead's families got the money. Only Eva survived after all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well might as well add that the caller despite was we heard Natsuhi said it sounded young and childish and it may not have been a boy at all.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

bman in 2288 posted:

These new animes don't offend me so far. But now I'm just confused as to how all this leads to a wedding. Did Battler accidentally create an unsolvable closed room? And did he stick himself inside it?

How old is Erika?

A year or two younger then Battler apparently.

Also I have been listening to Umineko music. And found Erika's image song. It fits her. I felt that now that she is in her dress was the best time to link it.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D-qegCR2h-Rc

Also I lost myself to impluse control and am now one of the people who knows the answers. So no more speculation from me. (Not that I did too much.)

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 28, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

(I actually put a lot of thought into Kanon would kill six people all on his own: First he takes out Eva and Krauss in a surprise attack (just like he did Nanjo and Kumasawa) and then gets Kyrie (with no Genji to rescue her) before the shock has passed. Rudolf and Hideyoshi would try to put up a fight, but unarmed they would ultimately lose. Natsushi isn't even a factor.)

I would just assume he brought a gun.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Erika floating onto the Island laughing, coughing and hacking is kind of hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

curiousCat posted:

The only "other servants" in this case would be Genji and Kumasawa -- two people we already are assuming are close to Beatrice. So I absolutely agree with you, the servants minus Gohda have always been with Beatrice.

Nanjo too is needed. But he is not a servant.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tired Moritz posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it's Rudolf or Kyrie.

They haven't got an chapter of their own yet. :shrug:

Kyrie got more attention in 4 then the other adults.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
"She was no longer a guest who would be staying until the storm passed. She had transformed into an annoying guest who wouldn't leave until the storm passed... "

This line pretty much describes how Erika acts perfectly.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Qrr posted:

Well, Erika does have one incredible skill. No, it's not detectiving, she's terrible at that. But she's fantastic at annoying people.

Also we see the problems of a culture where you can't complain when someone is being a jerk.

Well in another situation they could kick her out. The Issue is that she is stranded with them.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Servant and Baby.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Cyouni posted:

One thing that I noticed during my (slower than expected) reread is that Gohda may be the reason Maria's rose disappeared. I'll have to check whether that possible pattern stays into episode 2 when I get there.

The other thing I really keep intending to do but keep forgetting is to check Wolves and Sheep's application throughout each episode.

I don't think we are ever given a exact reason the Rose vanishes. (Or if we are I missed it)

I think it is simply Gohda plucked it for use in his dish.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:45 on May 9, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Her companies name is Anti Rosa.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Lets not forget that Erika called herself an intellectual rapist.

Her image song is about boasting that she is smarter then everyone else. And how she will utterly destroy anyone's answer in a discussion, and loves to see people struggle and cry.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Yeah Zepar has a female voice actor despite how Zepar sounds.

Naturally they have a fun song.

https://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DjgBz88f3Dh8

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Just chiming in... You can have two individuals be different genders AND have no penises in the room! Alternately, you can have the same situation AND have many penises! Infinite penisesssss :science:

But it is stated they are different sexes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZiegeDame posted:

I'm reasonably sure 6 years before the marriage Rudolf was in high school

No because Ruldolf is around 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rune Full Moon posted:

iirc, we don't have an official age for Rudolf beyond "older than Rosa (who is 35-36) and younger than Eva (???)," correct?

Rosa something like 30 to 35, Rudolf is stated to be older then Rosa but it's implied there is a fairly big gap in their ages. He is generally assumed to be 40 to 45 with Kyrie being the same Age. Eva and Kruass are both around 50 and only have a year or two between their ages.

• Locked thread