Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Doesn't mean I have to agree with him or let him off the hook.

It feels like this is more a conversation for a therapist, he just tried to entertain you :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cool man, you definitely convinced me therapy isn't the obvious choice.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Daphne is the Psion who's low key more powerful than either of them but she's long given up convincing anyone her powers even exist.

Daphne would be the bard that pops in with excruciatingly awful songs, GUVNA.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

:staredog:

Oh my god I could completely see that happening, yikes.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Keith Atherton posted:

No I love Seinfeld and the same thing could be said about that show. I should just start the first season and give it a shot

Your initial reaction is completely normal.

It's sort of like king of the hill, not for everyone but if you like it, you'll probably love it soon.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This thread has 5000 posts and has been going for 3 years and the 7th post was complaining about Niles and Daphne getting together

Thread nails it from the get-go.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

datajugend posted:

Frasier gets his mullet back

Man I hope so, that season 1 thing is amazing.

Timby posted:

And, yes, Daphne Moon is definitely the most annoying character on the show.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

This reminded me of a pretty funny story I recently heard on a podcast about the undertaker, (skip to 21 mins in)

https://rss.art19.com/episodes/8add18a6-2f96-45cb-a062-501590d07f3e.mp3

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Sunswipe posted:

I really hope it was actually Kelsey Grammar the kid was eye-loving the whole movie.

Man, now I'm imagining the delivery of that line and it would cut DEEP.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Kind of an insect vibe, I dig it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

"Niles, seems like the Tigers have pulled another caper!"

"Hmmm, sounds more bitter than the capers in Daphne's pantry!"

A joke worthy of post-marriage Frasier.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never finished the series because daphne + niles marriage always felt like a huge jump the shark.

There's 4 more seasons? :drat:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

mojo1701a posted:

It's originally derived from the Polish word for a barber or hairstylist, fryzjer.

Ironic, given that obviously one was not consulted when they gave him that awful season 1 hairstyle.

His season 1 cut is my favourite out of any character in any movie or tv show ever, just deliciously terrible.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hard counter posted:

the more i hear about maris, the more i think i would fall in love with her

Her ability to absolutely clown on people like Frasier makes her irresistible, the fact she's ravishing is pure gravy.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

hard counter posted:

if y'all are looking for some of that frasier comedy magic i recommend the film cactus flower, after the ~15min set up it's filled with farce, lies, rouses, misunderstandings, secret loves and eggs all over faces in a way that makes it feel like a 2 hour version of the ski lodge episode - it's probably the hardest i've laughed at something in ages, deffo recommended for fans of the 'frase'

I'm going to watch this after work, it sounds like a banger.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PizzaProwler posted:

It's embarrassing that this has to be said at all, but goons will always get giddy about jumping on hate bandwagons.

I'd say more embarrassing is the person that can't help themselves from lumping everyone together with a classic "GOONS, rite?" :smuggo:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Aww Daphne says in a season 2 episode that she doesn't think she'll ever have children.

Woof, shoulda stuck to that plan.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frasier -What do you think it's born a l'orange?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Calaveron posted:

No she's not. She dies during Cheers a while before the series finale. The biggest inciting reason is Martin getting shot and him getting divorced and just wanting a clean start

So food court bailiff was just blatantly spreading Frasier misinformation?

What the gently caress

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd be fine with just the skyline, that sounds rad.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

We're enemies now.

What a rump-fed ronyan, right?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frasier's slow head turn when the politician he goes to bat for says he believes in aliens is one of my favourite moments on the show.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

His outer limits episode is a lot of fun too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Frasier is written as a hugely unlikeable douche on Cheers, on Frasier he's a mostly likeable douche.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I was thinking about it, and I think Frasier makes me actually laugh out loud more than any show I've seen.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I've never managed to make it beyond when Daphne and Niles get together, that's a big ole oof magoof for me.

Also Jane Leeves' schtick is wildly overrated, while Peri Gilpin is a total superstar.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

People so mean to Daphne ITT :smith:

Jane Leeves has great timing and delivery and I love Daphne! It's not her fault she got the short end of the writing stick in many ways.

Literally anybody could have played Daphne, she was the weakest link by a country mile.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That reminds me of the time me nan was hangin er bloomers out and the mailman caught a look and said "AND I THOUGHT I 'AD TO HANDLE WITH CARE"

*uproarious laughter as Daphne scoots into another room

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

HD DAD posted:

Lilith is somehow the best character in both Cheers and Frasier.

Though that could just be my ongoing crush on Bebe Neuwirth talking.

Not to be a grosso but I get it, she was hilarious, talented and a goddamn smokeshow

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

a late season episode had Daphne remarking that he rocked her world.

Yeesh, thats what I want out of Frasier alright.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Hasselblad posted:

The only redeeming part of this show is the times Wishbone is on screen.

fight me

Frasier inspired a loooot of people to get an extremely lovely breed of dog, and that's an lol

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Cosmik Slop posted:

Maybe YOU don't

Yeah what the hell is this poo poo.

FALSE PROPHET, FALSE PROPHET!!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Eason the Fifth posted:

But it was also nominated for (and won) a boatload of awards (including one from GLAAD somehow) and became a cultural touchstone for a reason. It isn't getting memoryholed anytime soon.

It's totally fine to be a garbage person, but I don't see why you'd have to infect such a prestigious thread

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

codo27 posted:

My wife, (doesn't like Frasier, likes reality TV, tiktok and youtubers) accused me of a "fuedian slip" yesterday :negative:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Man this concept sounds like ratshit, if the writing is good enough maybe they can pull it off

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

That's sad. If I could have anything from Frasier I'd like a little more character development for Daphne

If I could have anything from Frasier it'd be Daphne getting trampolined into the sun.

Jane Leeves is a fine actor but I hated the character's schtick on that show, it always felt like it brought it a notch closer to normal tired sitcom jokes and fuckin hell, once they get together, woof.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Octy posted:

There's something about the set design in the reboot. Everything looks a little cheap and just... not real. I mean, it looks like a set whereas Frasier's Seattle apartment could have fooled me into thinking it was a real location.

Anyway, I watched the first couple episodes with my mum (her first time) and it holds up reasonably well for a rewatch.

Frasier's hair in season 1 is one of the best things ever allowed on TV

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Like anything, the laughtrack is a tool, and a lot of people are soured on it by bad sitcoms using it as a crutch. I think it always worked for Frasier because of the very stage play feel to it, Victorian farce in particular.

It's been said itt that the brundlefly of Frasier and Always Sunny is just irl Kelsey Grammar.

It feels like it borrows a lot of the good will cheers created by actual people laughing at it, live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol k