Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

naem
May 29, 2011

I watch lots of Friends®©™® in syndication for some reason as a kid but this show was too 90's

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I liked scrubs

naem
May 29, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I enjoyed Scrubs when I was 19 and a dumbass.

It's floating head doctor!! I wonder what wacky hygrincs the gang will up to today

naem
May 29, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember when that one funny looking guy made whale noises and tricked the Navy?

I liked the part with the sex lady

naem
May 29, 2011

a woman?? who has, sex????

naem
May 29, 2011

Jack Russell's are little self winding murder machines you let loose to terrorize small animals on your post apocalyptic subsistence farm

naem
May 29, 2011

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I want to gently caress, and then shoot my hot cum all over, Roz's titties.

Thanks for reading.

I'd bust in her myself

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

The Gilmore girls was a baby boomer wank fantasy where the 40 something mom is the hot sassy lady who rebelled against wealthy conservative parents to go party and ends up with a pretty submissive perfect daughter (but not prettier than mommy SHES the star haha so sassy) and a bizarrely ideal life in a small town where SHE is the star of the show (because she's SO SASSY) and everything is safe and clean and everyone's happy and everyone surrounds her in a big happy group and they're all eating muffins all the time. Just happy small town SASSY muffins and still inheriting money from the parents whose hearts she broke to go off and get knocked up and party really hard with no negative repercussions

Alexis Bledel is super hot though

naem
May 29, 2011

Kelp Me! posted:

Spoiler alert Alexis Bledel plays the same character in Gilmore Girls and Handmaid's Tale

Mind blown

naem
May 29, 2011

FuhrerHat posted:

you can tell which jokes are tina fay's on unbreakable kimmy schmitt
the rest of the show isnt funny

I have a hard time relating to that show at all. Like I don't understand any of the characters or who they are supposed to be representing.

Like, 30 rock was a hilarious send up of the entertainment industry staring famous people as themselves and it was great fun.

Jimmy Schmidt is a hilarious send up of, escaped ex Mormon sex trafficking victims who nanny in New York and their gay elderly unlikeable black roommates?

Like who is this show a satire of. All the cues indicate this is a satire/comedy but if they played it straight it would be a grim unpleasant drama

naem
May 29, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

it's meant to appeal to failed theater / creative types in NYC and those who feel trapped in the midwest

Ah ok that makes sense.

Seriously though, all it would take to make a really grim drama would be to not play that happy flute music and have everyone deliver their lines deadpan. Take all the happy bump-it's between scenes away and just show 12 unfiltered seconds of NYC street scenes with the sound of wind blowing. They'd win an award

naem
May 29, 2011

Chandler
Phoebe
Monica
Gunther
Ross
Jack Tripper
Ugly naked guy
Joey/Rachel

naem
May 29, 2011

There are like 12 minutes of good British television but they're fantastic

naem
May 29, 2011

Those are 6 of the twelve minutes yes

The other six are all just this guy making this face

naem
May 29, 2011

maskenfreiheit posted:

The SA app can post pics? (I'm on iOS)

I've been annoyed since the imgur app makes it really difficult to grab a direct link to an image.

In the Imgur app ust click and hold on the image for like two secs, then select copy link from the options that pop up

naem
May 29, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Daphne was hot

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/_5ZPxCjIjEc

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

feigning interest posted:

sir, this is the le cigare volant drive thru

naem
May 29, 2011

Thunder Bear posted:

This thread inspired me to finish Frasier and give some other older sitcoms a shot.

I am loving The Mary Tyler Moore Show right now.

naem
May 29, 2011

lonesomedwarf posted:

i saw fraser yesterday it was an old episode i think. the dad moved in with a couch and the dog and the lady came to get a job as the carer for the man. eclectic furniture! i hate frasier

I like the part with the sex ladies

naem
May 29, 2011

Dyna Soar posted:

im rewatching the show, its funny. stupid too. i wish they made sitcoms like this. frasier getting laid is super unrealistics, the dudes a loving creep.

He's got money

naem
May 29, 2011

A lot of 90's media was like that, everyone just pretended like wealth was normal. Also really brightly colored clothing

naem
May 29, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

Im rewatching Unbreakable Kimmy and they name drop Frasier at least 4 times in the first and second season

Jimmy schimdt wants to be a clever witty show about not-rich people living in New York like SO BAD

but as a not-rich person who lived in New York for several years I couldn't relate to any of it

naem
May 29, 2011

I like the part in kimmy schist where the writers don't know if their intended audience are "non-rich people who wished they lived in NYC" or "rich people who live in NYC and don't understand not-rich people"

I also like the part where both of those two groups are viciously, heartlessly made fun of and portrayed like, weirdly inaccurately

naem
May 29, 2011

"gently caress u potential audience!!"

-Kenny Scheiss

naem
May 29, 2011

https://youtu.be/kuYPmVanT2U

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

naem
May 29, 2011

Brawnfire posted:

https://youtu.be/dAVFOVgwBrY

This has probably been posted but it's still weird

that sure was a decade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

lol but seriously I posted:

The decision to watch less fraisier is almost never correct also holy poo poo that was zoey deschanel she is older than I thought (and so then also therefore much too old to be doing what she's doing now)

Why is she doing now