Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Mir is a freak. I thought Marquez was a once in a generation talent, but if Mir, Vinales and Marquez all get on the same grid with comparable machinery that season will be spicy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

geonetix posted:

Wouldn't Mir bump to moto2 first?

Also, so, Dovi has to win, and Maq has to be 13th or lower, correct? Here's to hoping

Mir will go to moto2 but it's not specifically required. Jack Miller went straight from moto3 to MotoGp for example (despite being a MotoGP winner, he arguably should have done a moto2 season before moving up. His results are pretty ordinary)

Marquez has to get 11th or lower and Dovi has to win.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Nov 12, 2017

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

I'm having a hard time seeing Vinales on the same level of Marquez given how badly he's gone from looking to dominate the season to eating poo poo. I'll wait to see how Mir does in Moto2 before judging further.

The Yamaha is really that bad and Vinales doesn't have Rossi's experience to ride through the pain without losing confidence. If they can give him a bike that doesn't suck, he'll absolutely take it to Marquez. Whether he can handle Marquez psychologically over the course of a season remains to be seen.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Hopefully Zarco can be a spoiler here

I'm at half mast already

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

Why Lorenzo doenst let his teammate pass?

No point unless Marquez fucks up.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

Maybe Lorenzo should go and knock him out.

He can't he's too slow. :laffo:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

21 laps and anything could happen, but it was always only an outside chance for Dovi. Marquez is just an alien.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

wicka posted:

And it's not even like Lorenzo simply isn't letting Dovi by, he's driving incredibly defensive lines and Dovi is clearly much faster.

Dude is a dick. It is known.

Puts to bed any suggestions that he let Dovi through at the last race though.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

At the very least we are watching Lorenzo's career go up in flames here.

Dunno. If he rides faster than Dovi and is providing better technical feedback to improve the bike, he may well get away with it.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lorenzo is one of my least favorite riders though so I'm probably biased.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Skarsnik posted:

Shame it has to end on this lovely track

Pretty much. It's been a great season, pity the last race is a damp squib.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Ooooog fuuuuk

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

HOOOOOOLY HECK

That loving save Jesus h tap-dancing zombie Christ.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

If Lorenzo doesn't get out of the way now he gonna get murdered

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

DoctorGonzo posted:

So this Márquez is a loving fraud like Hamilton?

That save was loving magic. He's the goat.

Aw Dovi. :smith:

Spicy race after all.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Marquez makes a magic save while both ducs bend it.

Dude is a loving wizard.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol totally forgot there's still a good fight for the race win right now

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tell you what, looking a dovi's girlfriend, I reckon he doesn't have too much to cry about.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Lol I can't even be mad. Gotta admire Marquez's guts in trying for the win when he didn't need it, and that save was astonishing.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I don't drink.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Wirth1000 posted:

He really is a bogan.

That fukken shirt. :catstare:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Weak review much like Vettel and Ferraris championship challenge.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Feels Villeneuve posted:

If not for that crash he would have finished first in a team of him, Loris Capirossi, and Valentino Rossi. Harada was really good.

e) I also love the 2001 250cc season where he plays the role of the old veteran challenging Daijiro Kato. What a loss Kato was.

Human Grand Prix posted:

There is a mural/shrine to Kato near Suzuka's main straight.

I feel that Japan should have produced a champion rider/driver by now but for whatever reason it hasn't. Not sure what the issue is.

I have a Kato replica motorcycle helmet. It's great.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I sometimes firmly believe that 90s 250cc was the actual peak of grand prix motorcycle racing. There were a few years (especially like 96-97) where people were more into the 250s than 500cc.

One of my least favorite things Dorna have done with MotoGP is explicitly make Moto2/Moto3 feeder series to MotoGP. The small bikes shouldn't be feeder bikes, they should be like weight classes in boxing.

Yeah I never really noticed until you pointed it out but you're right.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That's what happens when you gently caress within the family tree for a dozen generations. Even modern hapsburgs still have traces of that godawful chin/jawline.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tom Chilton is the superior Chilton, there I said it. :colbert:

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I want a Polo GTI

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

I had a boysenberry Drumstick. It was p. Good.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Powershift posted:

3 days, 9 hours, friend.

3 days, 9 hours until this whole shebang is all over and we can switch to the calm, peaceful off-season thread.

I'll have two of whatever you're on.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

1500quidporsche posted:

How about they loving fix the tire compounds they have now so every race isn't a terminally boring one stop instead of introducing a new one every second weekend???

They might? Pirelli has typically offered harder/longer lasting tyres in the first year of a significant regulation change and this year was expected to produce very high corner speeds so it wouldn't surprise me if they were conservative.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Tsaedje posted:

You appear to be missing Max Chilton there

Dunno about that. Pretty sure his money kept Marussia alive far longer than it would have done without him which was nice. Also he may have been slow but he hardly ever got into incidents and I'm pretty sure he upset Vettel a couple of times which is cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

McGuinty posted:

I appreciate all the effort to Arduino the poo poo out of all the controls to make them work in game, but why a dashboard from like an old Volkswagen if it's only going to be used for truck sims? I presume either it was already on hand or easy to get ahold of, but it couldn't be too much harder or more expensive to get a dash from an old junked 18 wheeler and do the same thing.

There are videos out there of people who have done just that, with working splitters and range selectors on their gear levers and everything. If I had the budget, space and time, I would build something like that, with the pedals all rigged with load cells and piezos, a servo motor bolted to the steering column to simulate power steering and road effects, and 4 actuator D-Box at each corner of the platform because both ETS2 and ATS support D-Box.

Buying a truck would probably be cheaper in the end.

poty posted:

YESSSSSSS ANOTHER WDC FOR BRITAIN! WHAT A PERFORMANCE FROM OUR BRENDON DESTROYING THOSE CHEATING EU DRIVERS
GET THE gently caress IN THERE BOIIIIIIII

Only reason a Brit won it I suspect is because none of the actual best sim racers - the Finns, bothered to turn up.

Also nice AV.

• Locked thread