Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Norns posted:

New thread new day for Lance Stroll to attempt murder

It's appropriate that Stroll's in a Williams. He just seems destined for immortality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Theophany posted:

Frank Williams likes to relive his most an heroic moment vicariously through his drivers.

With Stroll on the team and Liberty promising more European tracks, I bet this is the most Frank Williams has felt since his staff told him Gille Villenueve's son wanted a Formula 1 seat.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Carth Dookie posted:

Is he sick or just bad enough that sauber want to replace him?

Out of shape because of his accident in ROC?

That's the reason everyone's giving.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Is Haas good and Magnussen bad or is Haas bad and Grosjean good?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

learnincurve posted:

Haas, average, K-mag average, Grossjean outstanding.

This is a man who managed to get a dog poo poo Lotus on the podium and then and got drunk with the bailiffs after.

Right, forgot about how bad the Lotus was by that point.

Here's hoping for Haas in Melbourne Redux. Maybe they can pull out a podium when Stroll takes out the two Mercs when they try to lap him.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Alain Post posted:

Would love me a Vettel/Grosjean team for 2018.

Vettel would never accept being the second driver at Haas though?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Grosjean nooo.

But Alonso is in the points yaaay.

But Grosjean nooo.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Palmer: "I keep slamming on the pedal, and the car just stops?!"

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Stroll is in perfect position.

To take out Hamilton in 4 laps.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Mercedes ... bad?

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Hamilton broke long before his car will.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Carth Dookie posted:

Good drivers today:

Alonso
Massa
Sainz
Vettel

Perez?

edit: ^^^

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Pastor actually had some talent. The pay drivers this year are just dreadful.

Pastor could actually get into the front of the pack and wreck some of the WDC contenders. Anyways, I don't think Stroll could drag anyone out of a garage fire.

Maybe that's what Williams is banking on.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Verstappen was great until he got two seconds behind Grosjean at the end. But you're fooling yourself if you think he was just lucky at the beginning.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Sato and Alonso being teammates for the Indy 500 are what dreams are made of.

Honda didn't lie.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Tony Montana posted:

Aren't there American teams that are like.. good?

Isn't this the same as Chip Ganassi announced they were entering F1 and were going to win races in their first season? I guess it's exactly the same as Haas. The idea that Haas is going to win anything in their first years is laughable because F1 is super competitive. Isn't it the same for the Indy 500?

Or has McLaren actually said nothing about how they're going to do and it's all thread hyperbole?

The McLaren is by name only, really. He'll be under Andretti Autosport, kinda like Rossi was last year (and this year?). I'm pretty sure the engine was borrowed from Stefan Wilson, but I don't really know.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

Andretti pretty much dominated Indy last year, they finished 1-2 and had two other cars lead a bunch of laps but crash (Marco finished 13th and did nothing of note but he sucks and is irrelevant).

My solution is to move Marco to Mclaren for the three laps of Monaco he'll be able to run, and give Alonso Bryan Herta for the 500.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

poty posted:

Bernie is a hero. He's Robin Hood. He takes money from the bad tracks and gives it to the good ones

Good tracks like Abu Dhabi and Baku.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

aahahahahaha Paul Tracy is trying to give Alonso driving advice lmao

God imagine if it was Paul Tracy winning the F1 WDC instead of Jacques.

All you have to do is remove the glasses.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

I don't know who Townsend Bell is exactly but I absolutely hate everything about him.

And I've watched him race for years and hate everything about him. So you got the correct first impression.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What about Our Juan? What sort of Brazilian is he?

A Colombian Brazilian.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

You're either an Alonso in a McLaren Honda or you're a Notre Jacques in a BAR Honda.

When Alonso gets his face immortalized in silver, I hope it's right under other Formula One WDC and Indy 500 winner Jacques Villenueve.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

I don't know why they'd be blown away or having an existential crisis when they are the people who most expected him to do exactly this.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

Even MSC is better at that than Massa.

Forever the student.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

I'm the steering column in the Williams FW16.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

Is there anyone in this thread that isn't currently stoned and/or drunk?

Getting there. Be patient.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

They should make a classic car dlc with Hunt's Hesketh, Senna's Tolman, and Alonso's Minardi amongst other things. Just a "here's a bunch of poo poo from before they were champs." dlc.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

There are lots of good drivers in IndyCar.

I'm fairly certain that Sage Karam could bin a Williams faster than Stroll, and he'd find a way to qualify up in the front row to take out Hamilton too.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

wicka posted:

Sage Karam is a terrible driver.

No duh, he's like Maldonado (or Stroll) if Maldonado kicked puppies on his off time. Dude's a piece of poo poo. But he's also really good at getting to the front right before wrecking half the field.

If you're talking about real good Indycar drivers; Dixon, Power, Franchitti, and probably younger Castroneves and Kanaan could've done well elsewhere. Newgarden also seems to be the real deal, same with Pagenaud.

There are a fair share of F1 dropouts too, but being an F1 dropout only gives you a 50% chance of being absolutely fraudulent. Plus some drivers are just savants in one type of car (Bourdais).

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I can safely say that Pastor Maldonado is like a million times better than Sage Karam.

I know I'd like to see Pastor in an Indycar.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Fernando is a consistent machine. Three straight 231s. He's getting faster every lap.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

I'm gonna try and watch this NASCAR 600 thing now.

Apparently even the 'Countdown to Command' is sponsored by Pizza Hut. Sponsor my balls.

Bring a pillow and some warm milk.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

iospace posted:

GET YOUR GANGTAGS HERE:

Tell me if you want it centered or not as well.

Ah yes please and not centered as well. That is amazing.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

I sincerely hope Comey walks in tomorrow, slaps a Betamax onto the table and then walks out.

I would love for the senate investigative committee to walk in tomorrow, and there's just a movie projector and screen set up.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Just looking at Rindt's career, it's kinda hard to tell. He was only sorta competitive until 1969, when he joined Lotus.

On the other hand, it's still impressive that you can die with 4 races left and have three retirements and a non-points finish among 9 races, and still win the championship.

Edit: I guess he ran a good race in the 1970 Monaco GP.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

EoRaptor posted:

So Circuit Gilles Villeneuve took out the Wall of Champions, it's just a tire barrier now. Qualifying is going to be really boring.

Finally, Canada has damage set to low, just like my game on Xbox.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Wirth1000 posted:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-sauber-drivers-surprised-kaltenborn-921339/

Reading that is depressing because the way Ericcson talks about it and the way Wehrlein does pretty much confirms that she left because of the pay driver situation.

Wehrlein's "no comment" and "Monisha called me personally about it" to Ericcsson's "I didn't even get a call from her" lol

"Oh ok, I thought he would feel the same way."

- Driver who has watched his teammate drag their soapbox derby car into the points while barely finishing races

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

1500quidporsche posted:

This just in from Joe Saward on his own comments section re Kolles

"I like him. I have always found him to be a sensible man"

:chloe:

Spyker Sauber Honda F1 incoming.

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

keevo posted:

A reaction test thing. My best so far is .212 seconds.

https://f1-start.glitch.me/

Got .220 once, but mostly in the Mark Webber range of ".3" to "fell asleep at the wheel".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FartingBedpost
Aug 24, 2015

Rosberg has made this season 100% better.

• Locked thread