Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Chasiubao posted:

Someone in the 3 thread mentioned videos I can watch to get a few packs. Where are they? In the game or on EAs website?

https://www.masseffect.com/andromeda-initiative

Remember to login first!

Good op but a bit nitpicky maybe. You want people to play it despite the mountain of garbage posting about it.

I played another 5 hours last night, didn't come across a single unplayably laggy match. Audio bug seems to have been fixed like they said.

I also got the chance to play out my maxed vanguard and it's as loving fun as ever - moreso because of the jetpack. Charging up to a flying dude and hovering right there with him, safe from everything on the ground unloading 5 rounds of katana into its face and air dashing back to safety made me very happy. Movement plays a huge role in this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Round seven shenanigans are so much more tense and hilarious with the freedom afforded by the new movement system.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

katkillad2 posted:

What's the deal with loot boxes? You want to buy the cheapest ones so the next tiers don't contain bad items? How do you know when you've got all the stuff from the cheap boxes?

I'll probably drop $20bux on currency, when can I open those sweet sweet premium packs for max value?

Look under collectibles, you'll find a handy list of every card there is to get and how many card upgrades you've got for each. Everything that can rank up tops at 10.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

They're terrible on every platform, son.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://fat.gfycat.com/MarriedDistantEkaltadeta.webm

I love this game. I want someone to top me with four Krogan Vanguards doing this.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

What this thread has done its best to teach me: My level 1 common gear and characters are poo poo. Thanks, thread.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It will be fixed when I stop reading forums.somethingawful.com.

e: I've heard smarter poo poo vomited through the always-on voice chat from the MEA general public.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Strike Teams info:

Items are permament and there are two types: Universal boosts and mission type boosts. Mission type boosts are much like traits you get. They give + effectiveness to the appropriate mission type. You can see applicable traits in the list when inspecting a mission. These can top out at +20 but are situational.

Universal boosts give + effectiveness to ALL mission types. These top out at +10 but are what you should be getting.

I think the idea with the mission type boosts was that you'd manage several teams and send the most appropriate one on the mission to take advantage of selective traits and boosts. This doesn't work out in practice because the best way to be tackling these is to run three teams.

One your first team hits level 15 or so, you should be using them to just clear out and empty missions starting with golds. Your second team is going to be your bread and butter team. You send them on the highest difficulty they have good chances with. Never risk them, these are the guys you don't want to have negative traits on. They'll also be the first team you buy equipment for. Save up 300 points for the +10 universal equipment. When you can (probably before purchasing equipment) recruit a third team and train these guys up the same as your second team.

The idea is to use team 1 to cycle out all the gold missions that nobody can handle to keep giving you bronze and silver missions which you use to train up teams 2 and 3. They'll rack up a bunch of negative modifiers but you don't care about that for these guys, their only purpose is to cycle out gold missions and rack up the occasional success.

Buy your ingame equipment before buying any strike team equipment unless you're focusing on single player.

Be aware that you will get better bonuses if you can play your dailies ingame rather than via strike teams.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I heard in passing that there is something in single player you can do to unlock something in multiplayer but didn't catch what or how. Any truth to this?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://giant.gfycat.com/SameCompassionateBergerpicard.webm

Builds are just fine in this game.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

If you don't have fat for fingers, every class is gold viable at level 1. The new movement system owns.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Bootcha posted:

Doors are tiny though, easy to want to back pedal or rush through trying to escape a beatdown, only to bounce repeated against a teammate or mook that's not looking at you. In fact, bouncing off things seems to be consistent with everything. Dudes will just vault over your cover and displace/slide you off and remove your cover, and afaik you can't do that to them (vanguard charge aside). Geometry seems to be tricky as well, you can get caught on an invisible ceiling collision trying to jump over things.

It's okay to admit you've got chubby hands

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yes, tips for hunkering down, in this game with jetpacks and air dashes.

Thundercloud posted:

Who the hell thought having a boss with teleporting sync kills (so it can teleport next to you and then sync kill you straight away) was a good idea?

If you're in the big red circle, leave the big red circle.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Or any battlefield game, or anything on PSN/XBLive, or anything on Ubisoft's distribution platform, or steam on a tuesday evening or or or

Bioware and this game has a shitload of problems, but sometimes gamers just go looking for dumb poo poo to latch on to one party.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's loads of fun

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

You are unhittable meleeing other melee enemies from a lower position on stairs

In bronze you earn enough xp to level up every round, when it takes more than one you're ok to deal with silver

also you have a vanquisher just go do fukken gold runs

babies everywhere

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's not great, it means you're out in the open not regenerating shields (can't rely on floating dudes to be in range of your punch), getting shot by everyone not in your small range. On gold, you're getting shredded by commons with rapid fire hitscan weapons.

It's a fun skill but it is one of the worst CC in the game.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Piell posted:

I just had a bug where everyone on the team had (at least seemingly) infinite ammo. Including Cobra rockets.

This is the host desynching from EA servers or the rest of you or whatever, who knows! Those rounds tend not to make it to the end before the host is d/c

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Extra skill points. Reddit is treating them as skill points taken away from us and we deserve to not have to buy andromeda points dagnabbit my gamer wallet is offended!! but they're really just a nice bonus as those 25 points won't prevent you from rocking through gold rounds.

Piell posted:

It went the whole round and made it through, including rewards, so hooray!

Now to figure out how to make this happen on purpose.....

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://gfycat.com/SameCompassionateBergerpicard

Shockwave is not worth ditching invincibility for. Everyone is wrong about nova.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

M. Night Skymall posted:

I don't think that's on gold, having no shields for the time it takes me to punch someone feels like suicide on gold in a lot of situations, and you're basically dead if you randomly miss your melee or your allies headshot the dude before you punch him or something.

I'm not going to make you a video on gold and you're just going to have to suck it up and believe that it still works on gold, precious kitten.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Bootcha posted:

That right there is the issue. In all honesty, none of the weapons should be HARD to use.

Yes, they should, muffin.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Skippy McPants posted:

Nothing about it should be 'hard'.

- A Gamer, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Digirat posted:

Except for 30-something guns.

Everything is viable on gold

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

precision posted:

I said "viable", not "optimal". :)

Goons can't tell the difference

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's not. Goons are universally bad at video games.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Yeah they need to make things more expensive. I'm sitting on 400 points with nothing to spend it on and the cycling items will in no way be enough to use it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

neonbregna posted:

Protip you can be competitive on gold with just abou anything

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Everyone complaining about combos: consider being a team player. Combos are fine.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Again, be team players. All combo classes are fantastic when working together.

I can see how working together might be beyond some of you.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Two Finger posted:

welp time to toss it in dude, you're done

arent you

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Nobody needs anything to be gold viable.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

It's more of a shock than the first time you went to silver from bronze but if you're good with knowing when to get out and using the jetpack effectively its still very easy.

We're running 10 to 15 minute golds with two pubbies. The ten minute ones tend to have at least one vanquisher in play and they're the most boring rounds.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Apr 14, 2017

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Digirat posted:

Haha did you get these standards from MMOs or something? twenty bullets or over 2 seconds of the trigger held down to kill the most basic kind of enemy in a shooter is absurd, and that also requires an amount of poo poo that an extreme minority of players actually have right now. I am around the top 1200 in the world for apex rank and my revenant is II, AR barrel IV. poo poo like the vanquisher and black widow are good out of the box, so they don't need 100+ hours of grinding or $100+ of whaling to be worthwhile, and there's no reason other guns shouldn't be the same. "It gets sort of ok if you grind for another 40 hours" is not what anyone needs to hear when they get their thirtieth disappointing weapon.

Your attempts to defend this are backfiring pretty hard. Putting numbers on it just reveals how dumb it really is. And again, this is considering one of the best assault rifles in the game. There's a lot of poo poo that only gets worse from here.

Two Finger posted:

Yeah I just went and fired up ME3 to see if I was having rose-tinted glasses.
Gold with a Mattock X with a level 1 engineer and no passives I was dropping husks in 5 shots or less, a Marauder in a clip, and Cannibals in about 10 shots. And my aim is loving atrocious so almost none of those would have been headshots. Just.... I realise it's a different game, but it doesn't seem right.

You two need to play something else. Get some oxygen before you do.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

http://i.imgur.com/ZfHzMEp.gifv

This is extremely my poo poo right here.

Bashing your skull against a wall for seven rounds is your poo poo eh. You'll get along great with this thread's regulars.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Bruc posted:

On a different note one of my friends plays a lot of Asari adept and I built an asari sentinel around combo damage to see if it would be worth a poo poo in gold and with every thing primed and debuffed and all the combo damage boosts sentinel gets its actually pretty good on gold.

This thread will disagree until its blue in the face and blood runs down it. They're wrong, of course. But good luck maintaining this point!

I've been working on my human adept to earn my gold biotic nameplate and I'm constantly topping the scoreboard. Every time I see that I think of this thread and chuckle to myself a little bit.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Stickman posted:

The guy with X URs and 10x the hours of most pubs is consistently topping the scoreboard? Shocked, I tell you!

I actually like the human adept myself for cc and biotic explosions, because I you can pull off 3+ explosions within range of each other they actually do noticeable damage. That doesn't mean that combo damage isn't borked for literally every other situation, and (unless you know something I don't) you're still doing most of your damage with guns/fists because of the long cooldowns.

I don't melee or fire a round from my gun but go on, keep telling me how it is. It's on par for this bad thread.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

You do

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Farming Backlash and Pull

Easily the two worst powers you'll have to farm for the challenge.....before now!

For Pull, you'll want to setup Kett, Paradox, Bronze or Silver depending on your git gudedness. Silver is just as hard as bronze to complete and you'll earn far more failing in silver than in bronze but if you're a scrub that can't solo a wave 3 stick to bronze, you'll get more out of it.

Kett are the only group that can be affected by biotics as a whole, ignoring the fiend who you are going to just cobra the instant you see one. Setup with the cover right at the spawn and learn how to time releasing pull so you drop kett off the mountain behind you without leaving your cover or turning around to punch them. Bring a charger or hurricane to drop enemy shields for your pull and hug the outside of the level on the rocky floor to get to the ammo crate to your right. You'll rack up a good several thousand to ten thousand points depending on how far you can get. Not the fastest but better than trying to earn the pull challenge in a regular match. I was getting maybe 2 to 3 thousand points that way. I don't know why it was so little, I think maybe a lot of my pull kill credits were stolen by other players because how the game credits you isn't exactly clear.

Now, backlash was fun to solve. Very satisfying. Setup for this is Bronze, Remnant, whatever. Might work on silver but I was getting overwhelmed with too many breachers. Have backlash upgraded to recharge as fast as you can with the full reflect evolution. For rounds 1-3, proceed as normal. Use your backlash to reflect observer beams at everything else before killing the observer. Use a strong but not too strong sniper rifle to drop observer shields without killing them. The basic default sniper is good for this. All your points come from damage to health so don't waste backlash time to take down shields. At round 3 or 4, nullifiers start to show up. Find a corner with cover to put your back up against near a nullifier and let them set up. Bring up backlash ONLY for the nullifier's shot and point it at anything but that nullifier. Your backlash will recharge faster than they can fire meaning you can indefinitely roleplay as the game's biggest nuisance enemy. Shots will travel through everything allowing you to hit multiple targets, distant targets or even dudes that have spawned on the other side of the level with a dozen walls between you. Not even destroyers can handle one of these on bronze. You can earn ten thousand plus points soloing this with nothing but backlash.

Farming those two loving sucked and I didn't find the trick until late so hopefully this saves someone time but really, don't farm. Play games.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 16:55 on Apr 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

neonbregna posted:

If you don't mod lobby backlash what are you even doing with your life

Writing posts that don't include the acronym TTK

• Locked thread