Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Has anyone gotten or seen a Halberd in-game yet? Is it the Saber with the nameplate scratched off?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I'm going to play multiplayer today and I'm going to run to the extraction zone at the start of round 11

That's ok, my Vanguard will cover you with my 2 sniper rifles.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Chasiubao posted:

No he won't, there is no round 11 :smug:

Shh, Turtleneck's a sensitive fella. Don't go breaking his heart.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

I think he was prompting me to include that information in the OP. It's there now, and I've written up a short blurb for the weapons I've unlocked to date.

Two Finger, you might want to mention the app Apex HQ - available for both Android and iOS devices- buggy and laggy like the main game, but it lists what is available for MP so far.

Under the "Prestige" tab is a 'Collections' section. It looks like it lists all the unlockables there: Characters/color tints, weapons, mods, and equipment (what was previously called gear- e.g. the Adaptive War Amp).

Oh, and Xbone GT is Rummskull.

tribbledirigible fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Mar 21, 2017

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

precision posted:

Enemy factions are definitely a hidden difficulty level instead of just being "Different". Outlaws are super easy even when not-Atlases show up, Kett start easy but get very hard, and Remnant require different tactics because while you can Charge Observers you can't Nova or Melee them and Observers are The Biggest Assholes

You can Nova Observers if they are low to the ground, near roof levels, or have a bit of lag that makes the Nova connect midair host side when you're already on the ground.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Alteisen posted:

I really miss the old noises for power combos. :smith:

Me too- especially the biotic explosion. :smith::hf::smith:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Special Snowflake Costume? Check.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Nechronic posted:

Was reading about this in the ME co-op Reddit. Apparently it's a little tricky and you have to have the orb centered on your shield to properly deflect it. Doing it properly can one shot the ascendant's shield. I have yet to see this in game but I think I have an asari sentinel I can level to test it out. This should work on other big projectiles like not-atlas rockets.

Oh poo poo, it's like the Paladin Shield missle backhand, except it can damage enemies!

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Zakmonster posted:

It's actually 'how many classes and weapons have you unlocked'. While there is a correlation between playing a lot and unlocking a lot of things, I saw a guy with 5k APEX rating on the first day, most likely through $$.

EDIT: I also got lucky thrice in a row and got the Soned and Valkyrie from 2 Expert packs and the Thokin from an Advanced pack. The Thokin seems likely to replace the Raptor as my go-to weapon of choice but I'll require more testing. I didn't like the Valkyrie in ME3 and my single attempt at using it on Bronze tells me I will not like it in MEA either. I haven't tested out the Soned, but my friend who has both the Soned and the Revenant says the Revenant is still better.

The Thokin quickly became my go to AR- the downsides are low magazine size and long reload. But it hits hard and the homing/tracking rounds make sure a good amount of your rounds connect. Plus it's light enough at II that I'm able to run with a level 13 Human Vanguard and not notice the delay too much.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Wilekat posted:

Games are connecting fine for me, but now I can't change the mods in my weapons. Just pulled a pistol barrel for 10% more damage and I can't plug it on to anything :smith:

Edit: Also what does resetting your level do when you hit 20? The popup is totally unhelpful and google is suggesting it does... nothing?

Try changing the loadout on the phone app? I got hit with that on the XBone last night, along with some connection issues, so I was tooling around on my phone while I reset everything from my router to my switch and the Bone itself.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Well, after a dozen deaths to AscendantAs and Fiends, I dont think the old "stairs=/=grab" trick works anymore.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

It's weird but melee seems far and away the most effective strategy now.

If only they made meatier sounds or effects on impact or, heck, just built on the melee they already had in ME3.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

subroc posted:

I've been mostly playing Krogan Engineer because it's one of the only classes that can self combo (with Incinerate -> Overload) so I haven't had a chance to try, but does this game have the melee grab over cover move?

No, it does not. But it does have an AoE ground pound if you hold the melee button while hovering or dropping from hover.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Alteisen posted:

Why haven't my apex guys gotten negative traits, I keep them sending them on gold stuff and win or lose they don't get bad traits. :psyduck:

My Lima team has a positive Remnant Specualist and a negative Remnant Hysteria trait. They somehow completed every Remnant missiin I've sent them on since hitting level 10. I just imsgine the whole squad screaming in terror, but still headshotting everything in sight.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Piell posted:

Wrong you should be yellow and black like a wasp

On my Kroguard, because he is a giant bumblebee when he hovers. The Novaguard is still rocking Saints purple 600 years later.

It's a shame there aren't enemy types to copy a color palette from. Geth Pyro Trooper and Cerberus Trooper Vanguard/Soldier caused so much confusion for pubbies.

tribbledirigible fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 30, 2017

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Some Zero posted:

This is my favorite thing to do in game far from effective but fun add hell

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/rk8Uqa0

A lot of Kineticists are doing this now. I tagged along with one on Bronze seeing how far they could launch outlaws off a cliff. Biotic punch high fives for getting them to hit protruding rocks.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Astroniomix posted:

Remnant don't have dogs so they are the least obnoxious enemy to fight.

They have those tiny drones.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Tei posted:

This game needs some sort of drone that follow you and shot at enemies, like Nier Automata and Warframe.

Yeah, not sure why they got rid of the Combat Drone the way it was for some Engineer classes in ME3.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

precision posted:

Yeah before everyone panics and does the "I'm on fire" dance, remember that ME3MP did balance changes on a weekly/semi-weekly basis. They obviously didn't want to overcompensate in their first balance change.

But the problem was they made really fun guns before they got nerfed, and even then it wasn't to bury the gun. Lest we forget: RIP MP Beta Falcon, RIP Krysae on every class, RIP 8 round mag Piranha, RIP Paladin completely making the Carnifex obsolete...

quote:

They did give the Halberd enough of a damage boost to be useful. Lowering the Mattock's damage and increasing its ROF is a slap in the face to console players who are using the default control scheme though because good luck "clicking" R2 fast, sorry about your carpal tunnel.

Can't you guys rebind it to the mouse wheel like in ME3 and get a makeshift Cerb Harrier?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

CapnBry posted:

Oh see your problem is that you are shooting him in the head and he is wearing a helmet. :v:

If I'm reading you right, it should be crotch shots all the time?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Nooo, that means I can't do my hobo-priming when I'm out of ammo mods.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Thor-Stryker posted:

I seem to have so much trouble with these hitboxes, 90% of the time it never criticals and I can't figure out why.

You gotta adjust for code jank pull- aim to the left empty air or their knee, and boom, head shot.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

They're trying to make the Assault Turret and Remnant VI a thing. Fine, let them keep buffing Eng classes like in ME3 until we've got techsplosion/ crowd control monsters again.

Although it looks like they've done so at the cost of Vanguard viability. The Jugg gear should still make up for it, I hope.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Frush posted:

Stop making me want things I don't have!

Which? The cloaked Flamer dps or the garish late 80's/ early 90's action figure color scheme?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

precision posted:

Honestly one thing they could do to help the game feel more fun is make switching weapons about 200% faster. It would better incentivize actually using both guns you're carrying. It's no good having an "oh poo poo" button to switch to a close-range fuckoff gun (like the Ushior) when doing so is just going to get you killed. Right now it's almost always better to just loving leg it when you're in trouble.

I only switch guns between rounds or in the opposite situation (switching from a close-range gun to a rifle from a position of safety).

How does the Ushior compare to the Executioner pistol from ME3?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Thor-Stryker posted:

If they had passive reload for whatever is the current offhand gun, there would be more point to switch. Right now it's just because you ran out of ammo on the first.

Not only do reload animations suck, but weapon-charge animations suck: that explodey-ball shotgun is horrible when trying to charge a shot after firing one.
They need another weapon damage pass to increase the damage of high-spread weapons like the Indra, considering you have to dedicate specific classes to accuracy builds just to make them useable on Silver.

Also, removal of Melee over cover was a crappy idea as well as removal of heavy melee.

No one else laments the removal of the three swing melee combo? The use-the-rifle/shotgun-like-a-baseball-bat-on-third-swing melee?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Yep. The only consumable I dont use regularly are ammo refills.

So my stock on my booster screen looks like:

And im like lmao.

Thanks, I was wondering if there were going to be hard limits (255) on the d-pad consumables again. I guess not.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

In related news, ME3:MP is still alive and kicking- with actual new people still hopping in now that it's playable on both the Bone and 360 for us xblive people.

I was playing a couple of rounds in ME:A the other day and all of a sudden really wished I had a Saber- any rank. Just to remember what a DMR-type gun should sound and hit.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Of all the things to copy from ME3, they copy and paste the RNG idiocy of the Reserve/Arsenal packs...

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Shumagorath posted:

Nice, an excuse to level my Engineers. Does melee count as weapon damage?

Nope. :getin:

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Two Finger posted:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the Kishock yet

Because it can't possibly live up to all the hot rebar action we got from the ME3 version.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Dilb posted:

There are two things to make platinum relatively.
1) Take classes with good survivability. Anything with stealth grid, cloak, shield boost, flak cannon. Adepts, engineers, and vanguards have trouble with the amount of fire flying around. Sentinels can work, although you want a really good gun.
2) For the love of god, if someone has stealth, let them complete hack / upload objectives on their own. A fully coordinated murder team can maybe hold the point, but it's so much easier to just let one guy sit there and lead the bosses / dogs around the other side of the map.

A good gun is obviously a good idea, but the Hurricane is the best close range gun in the game. Rank XX characters are not at all necessary, even rank X isn't important if you can build a character's gimmick by level 20.

Other news, the batarian vanguard is out. And ... it's another UR character with a gimmick that's mediocre on higher difficulties.

He's got charge, annihilation field, flak cannon, two soldier passives, and his punch detonates combos. The idea is apparently to charge -> melee detonate -> charge. Unfortunately the recharge penalty on AF means you can't really survive that unless you use recharge speed boosters. Smart play is probably to focus on flak cannon, using charge for movement and shields, rather than as a way to get into enemies faces.

Something tells me they probably considered a charge/nova/annihilation field power set and said, "Nah, that's too much fun."

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

No new equipment today?

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Jenny Angel posted:

Wait, the Eagle is an SMG too? I just kinda assumed it'd be a hand cannon because there were already two stupidly strong ultra rare SMGs, that's hilarious

It's a full auto pistol. Individual shots are piddly compared to other pistols, but having it hit repeatedly makes up for it.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

moist turtleneck posted:

I still don't understand why they took out over cover grabs unless it was a push from Big Shotgun (not claymore tho)

I'm guessing it was a reaction to the farming that went on on FBW. Not defending it being taken out, since they could have just designated a few enemy classes as ones you can't grab, just like their fix in ME3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004

Ulio posted:

Is the online still active for this game? I just got Andromeda and loved the online in 3.

Yeah, but it's a completely different experience. From what I've seen, ME3's mp is still as active as ME:A's.

• Locked thread