Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Round seven: It's just a few humans, it can't be bad enough for me to give up this bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

xthetenth posted:

Got a link, that sounds awesome.

Here's the LP with Slaan the cultist Sergeant. On semi hiatus, but there's a good bit of backlog to go through.

And here's the other ongoing BB LP, by Jadestar. Hybrid screenshot with videos for battles, it's also very good.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

And yeah the main reason I'm not playing right now is that I feel like I should wait till post-patch to start looking for a good seed.

Same, but CK2. I should go in and finsh up the things I want to do with my current company, since it's happily one of the things in the steam cloud that carried over to my new pc.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'm gonna guess you ran into a level 2 or 3 Nachy. Medium to big sized bastard with horns?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Historians can also have an event where they can remove dumb from a brother.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Got a few achievements tonight. 2 of which I alt+f4'd the battle. Good god, just 4 necrosavants butchered a company that stood up to the greenskin hordes. It wasn't even that they were super strong, it's just that they never stayed still and all my guys got wore out trying to chase the fuckers down at the end. With my upcoming crisis being undead, I decided to say gently caress that noise and retire. At least my company survived!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Major Isoor posted:

Also, I really hope that the expansion doesn't come out in November...since both CK2: Holy Fury and X4: Foundations come out in November, so I don't think I could take any more new time-sink game releases for a while... :negative:

Same, just minus X4.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

The date had me worried at first because Holy Fury drops the same month, but if it's only :10bux: hell yeah, I can swing that!

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

What sort of company should I build towards if I'm looking to specifically deal with the undead crisis? I'm guessing lots of axes?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Sounds like hearsay BS to me, but then I've also never been careless enough to reach the point where I'm out of money or food.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

vyelkin posted:

Also I'm absolutely buying that supporters' edition and then making a Davkul-themed company.

Same, just gotta have money left after buying Holy Fury.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Wizard Styles posted:

I'd also kinda like to know what they felt about the wave of negative reviews after they initially declared the game was finished.

God that pissed me off to see. "Game dead, devs abandoned" belongs on poo poo like Towns or games that have actually been abandoned and left to rot. Not on a game that's feature complete and out. The AAA and big time indie thing of updates for years and years after release has just loving spoiled some people into literal toddlers.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Other people have covered most of it, but to me it sounds like you're just bullrushing head on into fights you are absolutely not ready for while ignoring all the people telling you "hey, you're not ready for that fight." Like you heard 'having ranged will make them move towards you' and took the absolute bare minimum, ignoring that you need to have more ranged power to make the AI come at you.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I'd love to get in on the dlc, but unexpected costs have occurred, so it's probably gonna be post christmas before I can :( I expect you all to keep me sated until I too can get eaten by spiders.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It's been around. In my experience, it's actually fairly rare for him to be legit.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Chakan posted:

Thank you, that kinda sucks but I get it. This game makes me want to do an LP, are there any already started/done?

Jade Star is doing ine, minus the DLC content, and there's a GBS one that's going to be restarted some point soonish, but don't let that stop you if you wanna LP it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

SplatterCat has a video up of the new xpac, and he takes a look at all the new company origins if you're curious to see them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-DzH9KfihQ

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Broken Cog posted:

How do you deal with a group of 15 Nachzehrers on day 20?

You run.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Picked up the expansion, having a decent (if struggly) start to my merchant game. Lucked out with a spawn that plopped me just north of a huge seaside city that was being raided by bandits, with a wine and dye producing large city less than 10 minutes up the road. Dumped all my starting gold on dyes, went back and sold themfor a nice start with fat stacks of cash.

Also spotted a trait I've never seen before, Weasel. Gave the dude a big, big bonus to melee defense, but only when retreating.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Mazz posted:

Spearwalls, stand on the corpses when you can, and they have bad morale so don’t kill every one if you have them routed, just focus to rout each one you can. You can generally rout with 2 good strikes and a kill will morale shock a bunch.

Yeah like other said, you bascially want to try and reenact that first battle scene from 300. Spears to hold them off and let them kill themselves, then advance forward over the corpses to keep them off them.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So are peasant militias coded to start on the total rear end end of the map every time? I tried like 3 seeds and all of them started me at a little coastal village at the veeeeery edge of the map.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Synthbuttrange posted:

if I havent played this before, should I get just the base game or the dlc too?

If you can afford it all, I'd say grab the base game first and try out a few runs before you commit to getting all of it. It's not an easy game and isn't to everyone's tastes. On top of that, a lot of the added content is more difficult than the stuff in the base game.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Just got a geist kill with a sling staff. It was the monk from the raider start that did it too :v:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So after having bounced around between various starts, I think I probably like Beasthunters the most. Not necessarily in a mechanical way, because the selling cost cut does hurt, but thematically. It's fun to go out specifically looking for beast contracts, and picking up any rando nobody in towns that have a hatred of beasts or greenskins or undead.

Anyway, what are some fun/interesting seeds for a bunch of beasthunters?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

After reloading quite a few times, I finally got a run at this bandit camp with a named dude in it with an acceptable amount of losses. Scored a good bit of loot, too, besides the sword, all the spears are super useful to have, drat things have been really rare so far.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Molybdenum posted:

the passage said something like

you burn the town and pillage, you go into a goblin temple that used to be a human fort and see a blind goblin shaman crawling on the floor, you stab him. you meet up with mr goblin predator, do a "son of a bitch" handshake and depart.

just a line that the shaman was crawling toward a pedestal with a baller helmet on it. you pick it up and have a false king or emperor vision. then mr goblin predator wakes you from the vision, do a "son of a bitch" handshake and depart.

bing bang boom so simple

Do you really need a detailed explanation for why a city literally full of goblins has shiny poo poo in it? Goblins hoard shiny poo poo and valuables, which a fancy helmet would count as. Like this is fantasy 101 here.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

It really does, and I need to get back into it. Been too long since I dashed a bandit's head open with a mace :black101:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

frogge posted:

Hell yeah take my money. I'm in.

:yeah:

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I think it's less "not being allowed" than it was them not thinking there would be people wanting to solo the whole game way back when they coded in how crises triggered, basing it on people having an actual mercenary company.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Getting back into this finally, and I had a Hexe drop an apple for the first time. Should I try and sell it somewhere, even knowing I'll never get the 'full' price, or just turn it into paint at a taxidermist and save myself time?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Wizard Styles posted:

The apple is worth 1250. The paint costs 25 to craft and is worth 120. So even if you really want the paint for some reason you're better off selling the apple and buying the paint than crafting it.

I mean I figured that, I've been playing BB for a long time. I'm probably just gonna sell it once I find a city that isn't poo poo, as I don't intend to fight too many Hexen. Dealing with the hex and the charm are too annoying and just drag the fight out. The unhold she had died without every actually doing any damage but killing her took like 6 extra turns because of the stupid hex poo poo.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Wizard Styles posted:

...already occasionally problematic writing in the game...

Such as? If its stuff like the one farm event, then yeah, you're a middle ages merc company, everyone in an outfit like that are gonna be terrible people. The game goes out of its way to tell you that mercs are awful and horrible, and people are amazed when you don't kill them for a few coins.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

dogstile posted:

This is ideal, actually. Sounds like they know forest battles are boring, unfun poo poo and want us to make choices without just restricting us the way forests do.

Yeah, as long as allies block movement, close quarters fights present an interesting challenge, but only sometimes. Too many and you end up contemplating death as everyone blocks everyone elses path and you end up taking an hour on a 12 man fight because only two people can hit each other at once.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Drakenel posted:

I would like to mention the Legends mod again, as it's definitely worth a run or two if you've started to master the base game. (or want something different.)

Their most recent update added armor layering, letting you patch together your armor as you go. You start with something basic like a tunic or gambeson, then you have five possible layers to add on. The first being chain or plate, the second being leather, lamellar, or studded. Third is for tabards and other colorful poo poo, which usually gives you a minor resolve bonus. The fourth is for cloaks and the like, giving minor durability and resolve bonuses for very cheap, and the fifth is for addons you get from the taxidermist. And the R layer is for runes that you find as loot or made by your Vala enchantress if you find one.

Currently doing a Warlock run, a third of my front line are skeletons with a weiderganger bro in the center to convince enemies to advance towards the deadlier flanks. I'm noticing that the noble houses will skirmish and raid even when its not the noble war crisis, which is neat. Just on a much lower level. (Weak towns will still get conquered on rare occasions.) Keeping at least one pile of bones and a corpse to raise in battle if I need to patch a hole in my line.

How difficult/annoying is it to get the mod working? And is it a pain to swap back and forth between it and vanilla?

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Moonshine Rhyme posted:

The camp functions in legend are amazing, being able to break down cheap gear for tools is essential.

Can't be all that "essential" if tons of people are playing just fine without it.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

So these Ifirits seem like they're meant to be elite nachs, almost, what with the growing up through three stages and needing to deny access to fallen bodies when fighting them.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Nordick posted:

I'm getting the distinct feeling that the Ifrits are gonna be an unfun nightmare to fight.
I think it's really gonna depend on like two things, how many tend to be in a fight at once, and how much damage the level 2 and 3 can take.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Not sure how I feel about the Legends mod after some play with it. I like the variety of weapons and armour, because I'm a nerd for those kinds of things. But a lot of the camp stuff seems like obnoxious busywork more than actually adding anything interesting to do. They're just there to make you tediously manage them for some ok benefits.

What I really want out of it is for someone, preferably several someones, to go over the text and such. There are just a ton of spelling, grammar errors, missing text, misaligned lines, improperly set speech flags, etc. It's especially bad if you have any women around, as the tags or whatever are so hosed the text can flip flop multiple times between she/her and he/him in a single event box.

Overall, I think it needs more work on it before I think I could really enjoy it. There's just too much jank on it right now for it to gel with me.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

Hunt11 posted:

Does sound like a good starting move will be to give your worst early recruit nine lives and let them die in combat so that you can grab the drill sergeant.

Maybe if you only care about gaming the system.

This seems really good, like what the Legends mod has but with a lot less micro. Also a big big fan of the inventory upgrade just being made a thing you can get whenever, instead of a mid to late game ambition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.

I mean any bros that aren't from the south still take the morale hot when they die, so they're hardly cannon fodder unless you're running an all southern company. I also imagine they will have plenty of events.