Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

chocoTaco posted:

hey guys! it's chocoTaco. I'm new to the forums...thought you guys might enjoy my first PUBG video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25DdVZeT6q8

Welcome!

Glad we got one of the good streamers and not one of the crybaby drama queens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

VulgarandStupid posted:

How can I shoot 5 feet to the left of someone, and then complain about it?

Watch my stream and I'll show you. It's easy.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

I said come in! posted:

Jesus loving christ I finally broke down and bought this stupid game.

You waited until right before Forza comes out? Bad move.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Fun weekend of PUBGing. Back to back duo wins, followed by back to back solo wins today. :feelsgood:

Also motorcycles are cool and good.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJmFts-nh9E

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
This game has the best bugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLYFB753o8c

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Gotta love new seasons and no MMR. This is my first and only round so far of season 6.

I guess I can never play another round of NA Solo TPP again now.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I know, it was sad. He was stuck pressed up against the wall down in the prison and I was up top killing everyone else.

I did get to taunt him for his poor decisions over voice chat while we waited for the final circle though.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

John DiFool posted:

Anyone have a box capable of keep this piece of poo poo game consistently above 60 fps at 1440p? If so please post your specs.

i5-3570K @ 4.2ghz
1080 GTX
16GB 2400MHz RAM
1440p 144hz G-Sync Monitor

I get 60-100fps at all times except in the starting island while everyone's loading into the game.

In the game I have textures and view distance set to ultra, post processing at medium (I think), and shadows/foliage at very low. Can't remember if there's anything else.

And yeah, test server build seems noticeably smoother in general.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Thief posted:

what's up with the new map? is it gonna be on rotation with the old one or will we drop into the desert each match ftw

According to the dev post, the maps will be on random rotation for now, with plans to let you select which map you want to play on later.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Inzombiac posted:

The only time I got to try it, I managed to run myself over with my own motorcycle.

GOTY.

GOTY indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HrmtlGpMwk

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

daslog posted:

There are vehicles everywhere on the new map. I am baffled when people say they can't find one. Literally just run along any road and stop being a loot whore.

The no-vehicle thing does happen occasionally and it's very annoying when it does. Wosrt example I've run into is a duo round the other day:

Path is the green line, we dropped late at Del Mar with one other duo who we promptly killed. The circle was up in the far NE.

Zero vehicles in all of Del Mar, which is strange for a named town, so we ran the two red line routes along the roads and didn't see a single vehicle until we hit the towns where the circles are.

Other times there are buggies and busses every 50m along every road you look at.

There are also large swathes of the map where you'll need to get between two places that aren't connected by a road and if you didn't bring a vehicle with you, then enjoy your 5 minute jog through the desert.

I definitely like the new map though. The fights you can get into inside the towns with more high buildings and elevation are fun, and picking people off from on top of a cliff is entertaining. It's a nice change from the original map, but overall I'd say I still prefer the old one slightly.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Gullous posted:

I agree that vehicles are too sparse, but sometimes I suspect someone just took them. Parachutes don't always render, there are more people out there than you can see during the initial gameplay.

Definitely true, but you can also watch replays now and I've done a couple of scans for vehicles/players I missed on the one-off rounds where we just can't find a car and there's definitely times where poo poo just doesn't spawn in a pretty large radius.

Not game breaking by any means and it happens rarely enough to barely matter, but it's insanely frustrating when it does happen.

I also think that having a narrow river that cut through Miramar down the middle N to S would be an interesting way to give water transport an actual use. I've played a lot since the new map went live and haven't once had a need to hop in a boat or jet ski.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
The PUBG developers have devoted multiple paragraphs and bullet points over the last handul of patch notes explicitly detailing their awareness of how bad the cheating is and made tweets bragging about how many thousands of cheaters they're banning every day, but sure, everyone here who thinks they've ever seen a cheater is just bad at the game.

• Locked thread