Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

I hope you day 1 pc buyers bring in the good news. I want this game to be good but I'm not exactly convinced just yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Here's hoping the performance isn't rear end!

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

:sigh: seriously curious how something like missing speech was not picked up during testing.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I turned on all subtitles and noticed something during my first fight with the second enemy type. they speak?? I think it commented on my health dropping while murdering me as well. It dropped itens that only make sense if they're human, to boot.

The audio was hard to hear though. I can't tell if that is intentional or an audio mixing problem.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yes, it's part of the lore you can pick up in the first two zones of the game. But more than that, it's a System Shock 2 reference.

I'll say that so far, Prey is the best SS2 tribute to come out of the immersive sim mini-industry (plus Dead Space) so far. It doesn't have that extra bit of SS2 that made it special (the dread that came out of extreme difficulty borne from endearably haphazard drsign) but it's trying.

Aha. Thats interesting! The sound levels themselves still feel off though, unintentionally so.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

They did, which is annoying. Maybe Nvidia just dropped the ball here or something.

What are your system specs.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Well I found out my video card was running at uh..83c so maybe that was why. Oops.
I'm using a GTX 660 though.

Odds are that card only has 2gb video memory. Are you running textures maxed out? It could easily not be a bug, but instead be caused by lack of vram.

Turn down your texture quality.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Gadzuko posted:

Lmao it's one thing to make you download a day one patch but not even putting the game on it at all? That's some next level poo poo right there. They really have totally given up on retail.

I haven't bought games in a retail store in ages so I'm a little out of touch there; Is the average pc game that is sold on a disk nowadays a bluray disk? Or is it still dvd? Because if it is the latter I wouldn't expect a game like prey to be somehow squeezed into it. Compression can do wonderful things but this goes a little beyond that.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Guitar Hero support confirmed?????

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Digirat posted:

Anyone try running this on an i5-2500k? How does it perform?

Yo. with a 970. Got no problems at all.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Uncle Kitchener posted:

If this sells well, will Bathesda pick Prey2 back up again from its fresh coffin?

This is all I care about.

There is no way you are unaware that Prey 2 would either A) be a sequel to THIS game or B) be another strange "reboot" construction like this one. Either way you're probably not going to get your intergalactic Indian bounty hunter game.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

So I back tracked through the starting area and went through the volunteer quarters, and... :stare: what the gently caress is that thing. I found some turrets so I figured I'd hang out close to them. The loving thingreached through the window and picked up the turrets. When it is not making the turrets shoot me it spawns zappy balls that gently caress my day up. The Qbeam gets hosed because the zap ball emp's it. Avoiding it isn't hard, but I kinda want to ruin its day. I picked up a DFA chip, I'll loving goomba stop it to death if that's what it wants. :black101:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Pwnstar posted:

Theres one really incredible jump scare in the game that got me really good.

Does it involve a green button of sorts? That got me good.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Fat_Cow posted:

I mean in Psychotronics, where the giant cylender is where Lab A and B are. There is a Weaver that floats around in there, with a locked door to get in.

I'm literally going through Psychotronics right now for the first time and I got to the region's airlock without needing Gloo. I'm not even sure why anything would be in the way. I just stumbled upon it while exploring.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Tried returning to Neuromod Division for some side quest stuff. Executable crashes every time I try to load in. :sigh:

I hope someone else had something similar and found a workaround.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I figured that going Deus Ex mode(aka build The One Pistol) would work and so far it has. Don't even need to max out gun smithing. Take a point in that and go ham on pistol skills. Gloo > pistol and stun gun > pistol are my go to moves.

I just need to gear better for the big fuckers. They're becoming more prevalent. A lot more prevalent.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Lazer Monkey posted:

I have the same thing, there is no workaround that I have seen, people are just waiting for a patch.

poo poo. Well at least it isn't a niche issue only experienced by me. Decent chance it will get fixed.

I do feel it forced me to miss plot important info though. I rarely got to hear anything from December before something happened to them.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Anti-Hero posted:

How much more difficult is it to beat the game if you kill January?

A lot. Don't do it unless you enjoy playing the game without a guide.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Lakbay posted:

There was also a corpse in the area that had a keycard

Fun sequence breaking fact: If you go there ASAP you get to the terminal and see that it's in progress of implementing the DRM and you hit cancel to stop it

Is it really sequence breaking when it feels like they clearly accounted for it?

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Im one of the folk with corrupted saves. My Neuromod division was broken and I couldnt do some interesting sidequest things in there as a result. Now December is destroyed because I was forced to move on. I'm not sure if that was the cause of death though. My questions are essentially whether or not I now missed out on some interesting quests, if this changed things down the line and if I am still early enough in the game that a restart is not a bad idea.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Patch didn't work for me. Neuromod remains a no go. I guess I might restart and hope future issues are avoided because of the patch.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Is there any way to tell if you have the new patch? Switching from beta branch to live didn't cause an update. Reloading steam did nothing, integrity check turns out fine. Did they just declare the beta stable and move it to live?

I still have the issue and when I went "gently caress it" and started a new game. My game just froze 5 minutes in. This is the only game I have problems with. Everything is up to date I'm not quite sure what else I can do. :sigh:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kurzon posted:

rear end. It's not obvious what the recycler charges will and won't affect.

Yeah. That's why you should chuck them at everything that looks remotely interesting and in need of getting its rear end compressed. You're a loving famous scientist, get to it! :science:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I haven't remotely finished the game so I can't mouse over the spoilers and fully join the discussion, but it made sense to me pretty early that the mute protagonist thing had a decent in universe explanation. Ater all they have zero problems voicing your character in logs, Looking Glass vids etc.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO posted:

It is. A long range high power, slow fire weapon would be a great addition as well.

You could also block it's empathy and keep it as a gun.

If it wasn't an implementation issue, they probably scrapped it because it doesn't fit the rest of the game. There aren't many longer ranged options because they want you to close in to get most things done.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

I guess a decent amount of time in Descent kinda hardened me against the zero g sections but yeah the map for that section is just bizarre.

So I'm in the shuttle bay and I figured I'd progress by handing them some turrets. Except I don't know how they want them or where. I made a couple and found some more but I am still getting told they want turrets. I deployed them inside the makeshit base and still no dice. I'm on the verge of saying gently caress It. Whats the alt path out of there in case this is bugged for me?

Mindblast fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 19, 2017

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Dogen posted:

You have to deploy them right in front of the door. On the blue space.

:downs:

I placed them aiming correctly except a little further back and more tactically placed. Go me.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Kurzon posted:

The Q-beam is awful because you need to stay exposed for too long while the energy builds up on the target. Use the disruptor gun instead, or Psychoshock.

That's why you use nullwave or psychoshock and then pop combat focus so you can maximise the time you get to enjoy them frying to a crisp. :science:

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Yeah it kinda makes sense that random onlookers would see that probation + the timer and wonder what is up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Rinkles posted:

What does the preorder Recycler chipset do? I don't have it, just curious.

If that is what I think it is, it makes you resistant/immune to recycler grenade damage. So now you can just haphazardly chuck them whenever!

*you probably already were :v: