Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Boruto launching a train car into the Hokage Monument to get to class on time was better than anything in the entire war arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Arrgytehpirate posted:

For a second I thought he summoned Orochimaru

I guess that's what it's leading to - again. That lion/snake demon is related to Mitsuki (based on the preview) who is actually related to Orochimomu.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
At this point Boruto the Movie has been remade more than Spider-Man's origin story.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I've only played UNS2 (it goes up to the Invasion of Pain) and already the balance was hosed without introducing Madara and 10 more Naruto and Sasuke forms.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Thoren posted:

This chapter has virtually no backgrounds. It's almost all action lines and vague rocks.

Ikemoto has vastly improved his art in most areas and his action panels translate well to me.

This fight has been awesome; very old school Naruto vibes and not just hurling nukes.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
drat the Ōtsutsuki lore is getting convoluted.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see the B-cast of characters participate more beyond Naruto/Sasuke/Team 7 getting all the action and I could see Kishimoto doing so. Rock Lee, Kiba, hell give me Tenten.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Darth TNT posted:

I see what you did there.

*Eye

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

TheHan posted:

Kishimoto really said get these old fucks outta here

Kishimoto said where we're going we won't need eyes.

Honestly I'm satisfied with the Rinnegan getting taken out, Isshiki's Byakugan being useless, and Kawaki winning with a simple shadow clone. It seems like Kishimoto's turned over a new leaf.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Yeah Naruto ain't dead. I expected more from the last cliffhanger and Sasuke just shrugged it off.

Was Kawaki shooting skin blades from his feet?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm in the camp that Kurama isn't dead yet. That didn't feel like a final goodbye. There must be residual chakra somewhere, maybe the Ten Tails that Code is raising?

Code finally factoring into the story makes sense in retrospect. He's a blank canvas for Naruto and Sasuke's power reset. But drat, Kara is a disaster of an organization.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Haven't watched the anime in awhile but I caught the last episode because of the love I saw it was getting. drat, when Boruto's animation is good it's good.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
"poo poo, we need to make this next villain stronger than the shrinking alien. What do we do?"

"I know, give him belt powers."

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Eida's character design and abilities are such polar opposites of what this manga offers that it circles back to being entertaining. Most of this chapter was exposition but I'm fascinated by her.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I guess I need to watch the Jigen fight episode.

Anyways, the manga. Amado's going to pull a Kaguya to Isshiki's Madara.

Daemon's ability is completely broken and doesn't benefit combat at all so I'm not looking forward to those fight chapters.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

How many chapters has it been since Eida has been introduced? Because Code's done nothing since then. If you told me it all happened in a single afternoon I'd believe you, but apparently Konoha's been searching all the while.

EDIT: Honestly, this should just be a slice of life manga with low-stakes conflicts.

And in thats time Amado has put together an entire conscious android weapon for Konoha.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That chapter was nothing but the last anime episode was good. The Baryon Mode reveal was underwhelming when I read it in the manga but this episode hit all the right emotional beats.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I hate how young Hinata is drawn. Something about it is uncanny.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Darth TNT posted:

I guess that's how Naruto leaves the story.

I wouldn't hold my breath since Naruto has dimension-hopped before, though it finally looks like this chapter is setting up the pieces:

- Naruto and Hinata are out of the picture.
- Himawari may have a unique ability, or this situation will prompt her to become a ninja.
- Himawari is potentially a weakness for Daemon.
- Code's army has the numbers to attack a defenseless Konoha.

The question is will we really have to wait through a timeskip to get to another Invasion of Konoha?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
It's pretty funny that this has turned into a robot alien dinosaur manga.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I thought this was going to be a verified Sharingan moment for Sarada but the Haruno blood jumped out.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Me in February: I don’t know, I just don’t see how there’s going to be a timeskip anytime soon.
Me in March: goddamn

I’m wondering what Code’s army is all about though. Who are they going to attack? WHEN are they going to attack?

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
4 month hiatus? :negative:

I'm excited for the timeskip but this chapter reads like a rushed wrap-up.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not sure how I feel about this timeskip. The pacing is very weird.

With Naruto's timeskip the Sasuke rescue plot continued but it also soft rebooted in a way with the new Team 7, the Akatsuki, and the Hidden Sand mission. This is basically a direct continuation of the plot that could've happened the next day and not 3 years later. In this case the timeskip feels like more a rebrand to generate interest again. We don't really understand the extent of Boruto leaving for 3 years before he already comes back.

Why do Shikadai/Chocho/Inojin have baby faces still while Boruto/Sarada/Mitsuki look old

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

This is probably my favourite page from Boruto so far. I'm not even interested in the shipping for these characters but the wordless realization from Sumire that she's not the one is so good.

Also love this spread. I agree that we don't need more new named characters but seeing Eida actually get scared and try to play it off is a great moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Vinylshadow posted:

The anime may be delayed until 2027/8

Pierrot wants to put out higher-quality content, and is switching from weekly to seasonal releases

Going from a 4 month break to 4 years is insane :psyduck:

This chapter kind of sucked. The Boruto vs Mitsuki fight was boring and the talk no jutsu metaphors were extremely hamfisted.