Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
YESSSSSSSS!!!

I'm glad I get to be on the ground floor for this thread and playing along with it. Loved your other LPs, thanks for all the entertainment over the years! :D

Edit: Yoko Taro's a wonderful crazy bastard, here is the promotional video he shot for the Nier:Automata T-shirt bundle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

This is a video of him "helping" to plug a game for Atlas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

Never change ya crazy bastard.

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Doing the prologue on hard is indeed a bad decision even if you played through the game already. The enemies are faster/more responsive, and they get an evade skill that gives them iframes. It also feels like you lose a bit of iframes in your dodge move as well, but it could just be me mis-timing everything in the beginning. I ended up dying to the first wave of guys 3 times before I got the timing down, then twice more before I finished the prologue.

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Mar 30, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

The Dark Id posted:

Any posts of Yoko Taro being an amazing weirdo is approved for this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY

Also there will be another update later tonight.

This is how he plugs a game for Atlas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LT62mVaIpA

I'd pay good money for a school life Nier/Drakengard game though.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

:hellyeah: I think that's almost an unspoken consensus at this point.

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Mar 30, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Also if you're playing on hard mode, all of these guys 2 shot you. The mini-boss can 1 shot you with the horizontal sweep, as well.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Deus Box Machina

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Why won't 2B straighten up her crooked blindfold?

Looks like someone doesn't understand fashion :smug:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Josuke Higashikata posted:

You have to go out of your way to die on Easy, and Normal isn't a lot harder either. The Prologue is the hardest part of Hard, the rest is manageable if you know what to do.

So bullet hell shouldn't be an off putting factor for you.

Yeah this for sure. There are chips you can equip for easy mode that auto dodges/shoots for you. Also I believe the AI is a lot less aggressive on easy compared to hard.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
This is the answer to why we have meme beams

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Apr 3, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

GeneX posted:

why are you even discussing potential spoilers already

what is wrong with you people

*looks at website url*

Yup.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
What's the language of the songs besides the Japanese in some of them?

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

HR12345 posted:

Considering this game was announced during the Drakengard 3 LP at E3 2015, what's next? Drakengard 4?

In a high school drama setting, with talking guns as the dragons. The main character will use hanjo steel and a talking Luger that you can move its immortal dragon soul into other guns. The ultimate plot weapon will be a rocket launcher.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Talking guns? I think you mean hand puppets:

Even better, but then the guns would be more appealing with the youth demographic.

Fire breathing hand puppets :smaug:

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Apr 4, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

DeafNote posted:

Thats so awesome

Be careful what you wish for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERzAiLY9kA0&t=484s

Grats to Yoko Taro, hopefully we'll get more games :getin:

But yeah it would be a literal sock puppet infused with a dragon's soul though, not some technology thing. The person controlling it would have to make dragon roar sounds to make it work.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

No no, that doesn't work. Caim's the mute one, not the dragon.

He only expresses his true feelings via ventriloquism. This is a high school slice of life setting after all.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Welp time to go back and get another ending!

:allears:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

:stare:

also the gently caress do they make their space stations out of, paper mache?

The android black boxes are fusion reactors, it would be pretty amazing if a space station didn't explode when a fusion bomb exploded inside.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I deliberated over that self-destruct option for about half an hour when I first played. Should I leave it off? Is someone going to try and blow me up in the future and I need it to be off to not die? Or will circumstances call for another tactical suicide later, and I'll regret not being able to explode?

Me too, then I totally forgot about it like right after the next story beat :v:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
Aliens invade Earth and makes "machine lifeforms" to fight humans, humans make and send scantly clad androids to fight machine lifeforms. Proxy war ahoy.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Nohman posted:

I hadn't checked this sub-forum in a while and OH poo poo! I don't have a PS4 and my computer couldn't run this at all and every stream I've tried watching has been a painful mess. So this is the next best thing. :getin:

Good choice friend, Glory to Mankind.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Haha, gonna have a fun time explaining that to the council. "Wait, what? How did we lose an important orbital asset to help us reclaim Earth?" "Uhhh everything just blew up"

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

MiddleOne posted:

Dumber things have happened in real-life with dire consequences.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/cyprus/8629594/Cyprus-explosion-knocks-out-islands-electricity-plant.html

That's right, massive amounts of gunpowder left for 2 years right next door to the most important power plant in the country.

This is why we're living on the moon now, humans gonna human.

Nina posted:

"Making all of our staff walking bombs seemed like a good idea at the time"

"Look as long as there's a slim chance we can take out the enemies out at the same time, it's an acceptable risk"

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

warhammer651 posted:

funnily enough, in gameplay the self destruct actually leaves you alive with 1hp, while dealing some pretty strong damage in a large AoE.

It also blows off the skirt, leaving 2b in a leotard thing.

Guess what it gets used most often for.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

HenryEx posted:

Cloth. The catch here is that the rest of the dress (sans boots, maybe) is part of her android body and not actually clothes.

She doesn't change boots, she changes calves and feet

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Maxwell Adams posted:

Uh, you seem to be 'obtaining' quite a bit of G there. What, did you shake down the payroll department on your way through?

You make a decent amount of money in game killing random enemies and selling items. So money isn't that big of an issue in game. It only becomes bad when you decide you want to BUY/UPGRADE ALL THE THINGS. Otherwise if you just selectively do stuff you end up swimming in money/healing items, even on hard mode a bit after the prologue. Not to mention a few chips helps with that as well, TDI will probably show those off so don't want to go into too much specifics.

Glory to Mankind

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Apr 6, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

LordAba posted:

When asked about the design of the female androids, Yoko Taro is quoted as saying "But the biggest reason is that I just really like girls."

Don't kink shame.

Well, he's at least consistent. In the short story Yoko Taro wrote about Beepy, Nier 1 spoilers the robot you murder along with his child shadow friend, sees a bunch of machine lifeforms and androids fighting, and the androids were described as being "scantly clad human females", there was also a line about Beepy assuming they weren't human because there's no reason why they wouldn't be wearing that little clothing.

Glory to Mankind.

Edit: Link to short story: [modedit: nope!]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 7, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

The Dark Id posted:

Boy, could you maybe not link to poo poo I'm eventually going to cover later in the LP? That'd be cool if you didn't do that. And that goes for everyone else. Was it something I covered in the old LP? This one? No? Then maybe I'll get to it eventually and you can cool it, eh? I have a document about as long as the first three pages of this thread planning out most everything and when I'm going to do it. Trust me. I KNOW about whatever.

Edit: Also I'll get that voiced conversation in a return visit. Getting that gag ending makes it so that conversation gets disabled until we return, for whatever reason. Also I've got a rip of all the game's audio files and can make a video of it so you can actually hear it clearly without the background music and hum of the Bunker half drowning it out.

Opps sorry! Will avoid any of those kinds of stuff in the future.

What software/site did you use to get the audio files out? There are a few voice lines I'd like to get out of the game that sounds pretty good out of context. Glory to Mankind.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
I really like her fist clench, and the sound that it makes. Also the texture work on their clothes is really nice, especially 2B's outfit, it looks really fuzzy, haha.

Edit: Woot someone bought me an AV. Glory to Mankind.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Zomborgon posted:

Glory to Mankind.

Glory to Mankind.

Edit: Wow 2 AV changes in 1 day, I feel really loved guys :allears:

Also I really like the fabric texture they choose for 2B, it's very... fuzzy.

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Apr 8, 2017

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Tae posted:

Steam lets you refund a game no questions asked if it's under 2 hours of playing time.

Yeah it's a great feature if you want to test out the game first, just don't abuse it.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The ruins aren't so great, but their music is nice. I wouldn't say the ruins are bad either, they give you a nice play area for your navigation abilities, but yeah, pretty run of the mill overall.

Moose are probably one of the few enemies in the game that are straight up dangerous even on Normal. You don't gently caress with them on Hard mode.

You could take like 1 rear hoof to the face, but the charge 1 shots you when you first meet them. Not fun times.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug

Arkanumzilong posted:

I've been told that a lot of the tone issues in d3 where caused by the translation, actually
As, a ongst other things, it is said the translation team all but completely changed zero's character

Where do you see this info?

It's also interesting how one of the first things we're told is "emotions are prohibited" but even with the first few quests and communications, the whole Bunker is essentially a highschool/frat house.

Glory to Mankind.

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
In the Japanese dub of the game, 2B was a lot more "matter of fact" "I'm only here to do my job" "emotions are prohibited" in her voice in the prologue, up until we get to the "NO YOU SHUT UP TOO" point, she reverts back to that at Glory to Mankind though. Also it's a lot harder to read subs when you're not trying to die on hard mode :v:

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
So there's a DLC announced for this game on the Japanese PSN. You can get Kaine's costume, ani-bro's costume, and some wigs. Plus 2 optional ~immersion~ breaking boss fights the CEO of Square Enix and President of Platinum games, fully 3D modeled, Glory to Mankind. There is an article about it on Polygon but go to it at your own peril, the video they have for it is for an area we haven't seen yet not to mention the comments and additional screenshots sections.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thisuck
Apr 29, 2012

Spoilers
Pillbug
drat missed one of the best updates due to work and... WoW, but yeah loved the way they introduced Adam then just sort of drops it and leaves you going "what the gently caress?!" and then just hard transitions into the Amusement Park so we're now at the happiest place in the world! Glory to Mankind!

Augus posted:

EDIT: How the hell did my phone go from "crits" to "frogs"?

:allears:

Thisuck fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Apr 25, 2017

• Locked thread