Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Considering this game was announced during the Drakengard 3 LP at E3 2015, what's next? Drakengard 4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

Justin McElroy of the McElroy brothers did that lovely review of Nier? What a small world

Explain it for those of us who don't know what that means.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If we're talking about a level 99 moose riding a boar that drifts and needs Guitar Hero/Rock Band controls to win, they'd make us do something like Through Fire and Flames or Painkiller.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nier-is-being-reprinted-for-ps3-in-europe/1100-6449342/

Some Nier news for all of you. Looks like all of the Europeans who missed this game will get a second chance now that Automata's the new kid on the block.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
That catapult line made me giggle remembering how Endir wanted to launch Kir to the Promosed Land with a trebuchet.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I didn't know the oasis was a thing until halfway into the game.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I need to access the terminal to reach the bunker, 2B. Cover me.
Oh man, I mean, you know, I-I don't wanna shoot nobody.
They're just robots 2B! It's okay to shoot them! They're robots!
Aaaaah!
He's bleeding to death! Someone call his wife and children!
They're not robots 9S!
It's a figure of speech 2B! They're bureaucrats. I don't respect them. Just keep shooting 2B! You have no idea what prison is like here!

Now I wanna see a Rick and Morty style 2B and 9S, with the drool coming out of 9S's mouth while 2B looks like a nervous wreck.

After that, Commander is like "Who put that ancient human program in their black boxes?"

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Danaru posted:

I miss Zero, she was the perfect Rick :(

Oh god, then Mikhail would be Morty in this case. Just imagine a whiny Morty getting all pissed at those stupid job-stealing wyverns.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Fabulousvillain posted:

Knowing how the Drakengard 3 thread went with this games first teaser being released, Yoko Taro will be in charge of Kingdom Hearts 3 or will move in on Nintendo property for a new Metroid game before the end of this thread.

Since Square Enix owns Tomb Raider, imagine Taro as the director of one of the current generation games. Hell, the first one had a section of Lara swimming in blood! How is that not something he'd have made Zero do?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It's hard to try and reproduce the Machines' voice naturally. I feel like when I do so, they come off sounding like Daleks.

Can you imagine the pepper pots screaming THIS CANNOT CONTINUE?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I don't know about you, but I have the most vivid dreams when it's daylight out, even if it's clouds and rain.

I had a dream I was trying to explain the whole Drakengard/Nier storyline and timeline to someone in my family and was in just total nerd mode.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
I think this calls for all the Drakenier protagonists (except Nowe) having some fun on the party tank.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It's only after I watched the video that the boss theme sounds like something from Drakengard 3.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So good game to read an LP on.

HR12345 fucked around with this message at 22:30 on May 7, 2017

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Begemot posted:

Oh man, I found some Pascal concept art on tumblr:

Mascot Pascal is simultaneously adorable and terrifying.

The Pascal on the bottom right is all "Girlfriend you don't wanna go there, mmhmm!"

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Speaking of fighting games, if SquareEnix ever did a fighting game of every property they own both Western and Eastern, you know they're gonna put in some Drakenier representatives. And on the off-chance Nowe's one of them, then can we please have Lara Croft plant her pickaxe right in his dome?

I remembered Just Cause is also SquareEnix, so Rico could just draw and quarter Nowe with his tethers.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Leraika posted:

In the oh so distant future
We're nine thousand years too soon
An android chick named 2B
Was a warrior from the moon
Now 2B fought for YorHA
With a sword of massive girth
And after she'd just repaired herself
They put her in an airplane and shot her back to Earth

"We'll make her fight some machines,
The cutest ones we can find (la la la)
And to get their combat data,
We'll monitor her mind (la la la)"
Now keep in mind, while they trust 2B
To never give up the ship (la la la)
She's got some special robot friends
To keep her from yanking her OS chiiiiip

Robot roll call!
2B!
9S!
Commander!
Pooooooooooooooood!

Now if you're wondering how that visor works
or why mackerels make her blue
Just say to yourself "it could be worse
Could be playing Drakengard 2"

But instead we're playing Niiiiiiiiieeeeeeeer Automaaaaaataaaaaa

Is this to the tune of something?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Random Hajile posted:

Drakengard 2 can be skipped unless you you really want to see the misadventure of the dumbest protagonist in gaming. Yoko Taro didn't make that one and it shows.

I dunno. Nine Gear Crow made a valid point of Leonard being a worse hero in White Knight Cronicles.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Now that I'm remembering, there's a Strong Bad E-mail episode where one of the Easter eggs was about Tire Madness and one of the words was Revenganceful. That's what that word reminds me of.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail85.html For those curious. Some of the bad endings now would be total Homestar moves. "Ooh, mackewel!"

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If one thing's good about this heat wave in New England, it's that we have a new update from TDI.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnUihngqHkE

In other news, Tokyo RPG Factory, the developers of I Am Setsuna, are putting out their newest game Lost Sphear by next year.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, whenever I try to read the robots outside of Pascal, it comes off sounding like a Dalek.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
With all the robo-kids going around, is anyone else imagining what a Drakenier version of We Are Number One would look and sound like?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So I decided to look up Yoko Taro on Wikipedia and the next game he's done is this mobile game called SINoALICE. All I read is it's an RPG and the characters are based on fairy tales. Anyone got any screenshots of it?

Also doing the music is Keiichi Okabe, who did the music to Nier and this game as well.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
It's not a Yoko Taro game unless there are weapon stories with tragic endings. :getin:

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
That's what I realized Pascal's voice reminds me of. He reminds me of Albert Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

AirborneNinja posted:

Relevant to 9S face tanking the most dangerous enemy and our new challenger.

Okay, I can't hear the words "Okay but why though?" without thinking of Cell vs Kenshiro.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Anyone know if SINoALICE will come to NA? Or is it gonna be stuck in Japan?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

MysticalMachineGun posted:

So glad we're into the second route where Id can do more of his dialogue.

Unfortunately I haven't played P5 so I was wondering if someone was going to explain what song they were singing - so thanks!

It's the regular batlle theme to the game, Last Surprise.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay, this has to at least do with Nier in some form.

I had heard about this game, Rabi-Ribi after seeing a remix for a theme on Youtube. I looked up the TV Tropes page for the game and while it is Metroidvania meets Touhou, what got me was that in the YMMV page, the Spiritual Adaptation trope says it's the closest thing we'll get to a 2D Nier game, and one that's lighter and softer.

Anyone wanna explain?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Idk how many of you play Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius, but they're doing a world event that brings in Nier Automata characters, as well as letting you craft weapons from that series.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Omobono posted:

:bisonyes:
And people say that Yoko Taro's stories are depressing :v:

We're only on sentence two of a depressing Weapon Story. We've yet to get to sentence three.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Now that I looked at the part with the Engels singing Last Surprise, and the fact that the Assassin's Creed Origins CG trailer uses Leonard Cohen, I'd like to imagine him singing that song in that bass of his.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
The last storytime bit sounds more like a prototype for a weapon story.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

What's the translation for those of us who don't read Japanese?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
A new update on my birthday? This is a good present, Id!

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
So what's all this talk about letting Yoko Taro into Kingdom Hearts? Would we get weapon stories for each keyblade as well?

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012

Zomborgon posted:

Guilty on all counts, if you count the machine shepherd into the forest kingdom (and omit "small"), and caring for a machine baby is similar enough to an orphanage.

I always voice that puppet like Canadians on South Park.

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
Okay this update just came out and Id's icon already changed? Classic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HR12345
Nov 19, 2012
If 9S is just a kid, does that make him 1-Up while 2B is Stinkoman?

• Locked thread