Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

:munch:

I welcome the newest chapter of Taro Yoko's Wild Ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

The controversy was from this item. It was just vendor trash you could get from fishing (there is an absurd amount of fishing vendor trash.) It's actually referencing the MIM-64 Mauler a SUPER early drone anti-aircraft system. Ya know... cuz of all the frikken robots. And this game kinda being a commentary on drone warfare being hosed. The item icon is literally a fuckin' rocket launcher... But, gamers assumed they were dunking on the precious the Nintendo 64 and got super mad because they're huge man-child dipshits. It's real dumb.
:ughh:
This is so loving stupid it hurts the soul.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So the first boss is a transforming oil refinery/death robot. Am I the only one with this playing in my head now?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Yeah, I figured there would be some kind of shenanigans revolving around the self-destruct option. The only question is whether or not this is the only special ending involving 2B blowing herself up.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Sindai posted:

I always assumed she had white hair. This changes everything.

You gotta give the androids credit for one thing: they don't let fighting a six thousand year war over a post-several-apocalypses planet get in the way of dressing fabulously. Could use some more color though. Black on black all the time can't be great for morale.
Clearly the founder of YoRHa was a fashion designer on top of everything he or she did in creating YoRHa. Just not a very good designer, though.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

There are four enemies in the game that can potentially be Level 99. Two are optional super bosses. One is a moose.
Let me guess: there's an ending tied to beating and/or dying to the Level 99 moose, isn't there?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

I'm busy the early part of this week. But I'll leave you all with a powerful secret technique to mull over in the mean time. Rub the touch pad on PS4 or shake the mouse while in neutral stance on PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeExtkRhzA
This is absolutely wonderful. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Anyways, welcome to Jackass. :allears:
So, when's the sidequest involving 9S stapling his junk coming up?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

DeafNote posted:

19 khz is my limit, 32 years old
But at least we will always be able to hear the Chaotic song
The day we are no longer able to hear that song will be the day of the heat death of universe. Then it'll start all over again in the afterlife because gently caress you that's why.

Also 15khz is my limit at 31, so yeah.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So the machines are screaming for help while 2B murders them without abandon. We're about to hit the "Are we the bad guys?" part of this game, aren't we?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I await the tale of 2B's new axe/halberd and all the misery it will bring.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, that just happened. :stare:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I have to give 2B and 9S props for immediately realizing they were in the Cutscene Zone and making sure Adam didn't level up enough to abuse said zone to his advantage. Although technically, growing a clone from you corpse kind of counts as Cutscene Zone Abuse so...yeah I'm going to call it a draw on that front.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am not sure I want to even begin to imagine what Taro Yoko's version of Disneyland looks like.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Well, at least there's no "It's a Small World" equivalent in the park. Unless that's what the incoming boss fight is going to be, that is.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

If Party Tank is only for parties why does it have functioning guns?
How else are you going to deploy glitter bombs and confetti rockets?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

That was one hell of a boss fight. I can see how the sudden camera angle shifts to top-down views could be annoying, especially for someone like me who is horrible at shmup games. Pod being able to pop those orbs before they hit 2B does look like a small mercy, at least.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Skylight posted:

Lookin' awesome. :colbert: Which is probably what Simone was up to! Guess she downloaded too much data on that, though, the poor dear. So many conflicting styles...
Now I'm imagining Simone downloading archival footage of Tim Gunn to help with choosing outfits.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Deep Dish Fuckfest posted:

Current probability of us eventually having to murder every peaceful machine in this village as they beg us to stop: roughly 101%.
That estimate is way too low given the franchise's history.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

So the aliens decided to hide themselves in some kind of underground base to escape from the androids. This means we're about to suffer through like 4 hours of sewer levels, aren't we?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yeah, after all this buildup, humanity is definitely gone. I'd actually be disappointed to find out they were still around at this point.
The twist is that there is one lone survivor of humanity, and unfortunately it is a batshit insane Steve Burnside knock off.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

What the hell was even in that fish?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

That is not how I expected Taro Yoko's remake of "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" to turn out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Absolutely beautiful. :allears:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Sorry, what was that? I've been busy humming Song of the Ancients since NieR came out.
Hi, it's me. The guy who's had "A Beautiful Song" stuck in his head for a while now. Please get it out, the song's been blending with other music and my brain's slowly going mad.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

I am slightly disappointed that 9S doesn't get a fancy accessory of his own to wear. On the other hand, that quest was absolutely adorable, if only for the banter on the way back.

...the Sister Machines are going to be horribly murdered within an in-game hour or two, aren't they? :ohdear:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

This update does make me wonder how the machines' version Hamlet or Macbeth would turn out.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

In the Yoko Taro universe there is no safe age to be.
Correction: there is no safe anywhere in a Yoko Taro game. Well, maybe except the start menu, we haven't seen any character get killed off there yet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

A loving neir STAGE PLAY :psyduck:
Stage plays are a big thing in Japan. Id showed off the beautifully cheesy Resident Evil one during the I Am Setsuna LP, and other franchises from Persona to Phoenix Wright have had their own slew of stage plays. Some are just simple adaptations of the game plots, while others are actual stories within the respective franchise itself.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

White Coke posted:

If A2 is an early model but able to kill so many later model androids does that mean she's one of those super special prototypes that always pop up in fiction? Or is she just really experienced?
My money is on the "super prototype that outperforms the mass-production models because yes" option.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Emil :allears:

We seriously need for him and Mikhail to team up in a future game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

My wife made this to share with the class:

No words. Should have sent a poet.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Sandman posted:

You think we'll have an easier time contacting Best Boy now that we've got his Emil address?
Go sit in the corner and think about what you did.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

exploded mummy posted:

In alternate non-video game media I'd look at stuff like the Gorillaz or even Duck Tales.
There's also stuff like Doctor Who, Star Trek and Star Wars. Paul McGann's entire run as the Eighth Doctor are all audio dramas and one brief TV special leading up to the show's 50th anniversary. Star Trek had a few times where the events of the films (particularly the TNG ones) got a nod on the shows via a throwaway line or two. And then there's Star Wars, which while purging most of its expanded universe with Disney taking over the franchise, still has plenty of stuff outside of the films that people love.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

So here's something I'd never seen before while I was recording footage for the next update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwGN7obUBQ8

Edit: The Stubbies didn't actually go flying off the cliff. They all landed on the bridge. Had to fight them afterwards.
I see the machines took the phrase "blow it out your rear end" very literally.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Emil is a good Top Boy. :unsmith:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

White Coke posted:

Will we meet Hankbot, Billbot, or Dalebot in this playthrough?
I look forward to the weapon story behind Pocket Sand.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Zoe posted:

Meanwhile I...I'm not sure what two androids and best friend Pascal are supposed to be able to do against a robo Godzilla. :ohdear:
Clearly this battle will be settled by a dance off between 2B and Grun.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Iron Will deserved a better fate. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Honestly, I'm not surprised that walking away from 9S leads to one of joke endings. It's the perfect setup for Yoko Taro to take advantage of and troll people.

• Locked thread