Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

It begins! :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Arkanumzilong posted:

Is there a fan patch to fix the horrendous keyboard and mouse controls?

There is. It's called using a controller.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Don't do this.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

The controversy was from this item. It was just vendor trash you could get from fishing (there is an absurd amount of fishing vendor trash.) It's actually referencing the MIM-64 Mauler a SUPER early drone anti-aircraft system. Ya know... cuz of all the frikken robots. And this game kinda being a commentary on drone warfare being hosed. The item icon is literally a fuckin' rocket launcher... But, gamers assumed they were dunking on the precious the Nintendo 64 and got super mad because they're huge man-child dipshits. It's real dumb.

Yet another reason Nintendo fanboys suck.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Ok,I missed that ending,but I'm too far into the game to start a new playthrough...dammit.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Alavaria posted:

But honestly, if the big reveal was "humanity was actually dead all along" would that be as surprising as the first Nier reveal (hopefully not repeated because that would be silly a second time around).

Maybe the real secret is that the moon-androids are ZAFT fighting against the Earth Alliance, and the showdown will be gundams vs cyborg androids.

Now I want Yoko Taro to make a Gundam game. Maybe he could make Seed GOOD. Or at least less lovely.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

MythosDragon posted:

Since it was mentioned I actually read the entire Resident Evil 4 and 1 Lps, and holy poo poo dude, somehow ID took a game genre I've always despised and made me enjoy it, that takes alot of bad jokes. Speaking of Resident Evil 4, this is a thing someone is making that I learned about today.

I'm not sure if I should laugh or be terrified.

There's no "SUPLEX" option, 0/10.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Rangpur posted:

If nothing else, I'd expect that might be difficult in Drakengard 1's case. :v:

Just make all of Caim's inner monologue incoherent screaming.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Might have to get mods to probate anyone who posts spoilers. It seems to be the only way.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Fangz posted:

Dishonored low chaos is intentionally pretty easy, really. You basically have to go out of the way to kill people. If you put in any sort of effort to do the nonlethal stuff, or just run past guards, you will hit it. The more convoluted nonlethal boss solutions are generally more fun than just shooting them in the face, giving more of the level an actual point.

The second game actually plays around with the chaos system a bit. You see,the heart now has an additional gameplay function. You get more chaos from killing people the heart identifies as just doing their job to feed their kids and less from people who set puppies on fire. It's not perfect,but it's a neat idea.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

It didnt help that I was all "I'll just do this mission before bed" :haw:

That feature is never referenced ever again. :v:

Good ol' Yoko Taro. He's consistent in his inconsistency.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

I just wanna know his reasons for liking Horizon. There aren't really any butts, so that's not it. The story, I guess?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

The Watchers dance. Come dance with them.

Lalala.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

BECOME AS CODS

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

The Dark Id posted:

Yes, they’ve always had teeth and a horrific endoskeleton under that cute outer shell. Why do they have teeth? Hmm... I dunno. Probably has nothing to do with the initial evasion where they were repelled by an army of clone magic grinning orb boys...

Should be "invasion".

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Speak not the Watchers,
Draw not the Watchers,
Write not the Watchers,
Sculpt not the Watchers,
Sing not the Watchers,
Call not the Watchers' name.

Lalala

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Jet Jaguar posted:

There's going to be an ending that crosses over with one of the Saints Row IV endings and its Kinzie yelling that they wrecked 27 flight units. She's not putting up with that poo poo!

Now I want Yoko Taro to make a Saints Row game. Can't be worse than Gat Outta Hell.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Bruceski posted:

There were GitS games? I was referencing Stand Alone Complex,.

There was a SAC game. On PS2. It was awful.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

I kinda feel the Drakengard games do a better job of this whole rug pulling thing, myself.

Yeah, but this is better at being a good game, so it evens out.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Annointed posted:

Jake Solomon's Taro Yoko's XCOM. I'm not sure whether to be excited or mortified.

Well, at least the game screwing you over and killing your favorite soldiers would actually be a gameplay feature instead of Jake not fixing his game.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Say what you will about 9S, but that was some stellar voice work.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Silly boy/girl. You forgot about the thread's #1#2 policy:

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Andyzero posted:

Don't be a creep?

OK, #2 policy.

• Locked thread