Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
This game...

gently caress man this game is just some insanely good poo poo and I hope they let him keep going.

I do not have words to describe how happy I feel about this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Whamukars posted:

This game is surprisingly short so maybe this won't drain my soul

It will drain your soul in a very different way. I litteraly sat on my floor and thought about life for a bit after beating it.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
As someone that has beaten the prologue on hard, DO NOT PLAY THE PROLOGUE ON HARD.

It's doable and I enjoyed the challenge for my 2nd playthrough, but dear lord is it difficult.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

"I'll be shocked if Zelda doesn't win GOTY this year." - Me before this game.

"I'll still be shocked if Zelda doesn't win but NieR really deserves it and nothing this year will beat it." - Me after this game.

pretty much this.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
http://steamspy.com/app/524220

Guess what broke 200k on steamspy.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Also fun:

The english VA of a character we will meet next update regularly streams this game and has been reading all the minor voice lines he didn't get to do in character as well as a lot of the text logs. It's quite nice.

https://www.twitch.tv/kylemccarley

Obviously spoilers for watching ANY of this.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I've been practicing some of the more crazy combo stuff recently and the amount if weapon switching and other crazyness required to pull them off or skip areas of the game for speedrun purposes is kinda amazing.

Every time I come back to this game I find something new that I've missed.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
On hard mode you can take 1 buzzsaw to the face if you have full HP. Again, don't play the prologue on hard, at least not on your first try. The next section can be even worse still on hard.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

CesspoolofHatred posted:

Oh jeez, I had no clue you could play around with the self-destruct and vibration options like that

You can also mess with the voice volume by turning it up, then down all the way, then telling him it's good.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

The Dark Id posted:

Also YEAH, don't look up the game's OST if you don't want spoilers. Also for the love of god, don't look up the trophies/achievements. Or Steam Cards. They're all full of spoilers to a ridiculous extent.

Or the opening movie...

Damnit Yoko Taro...

Nuebot posted:

Speaking of Platinum though; Bayonetta is on Steam now.
I now own 4 copies of Bayonetta...

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I'm gonna assume Id will explain what it does in the next update, otherwise its quite silly.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
On a good RNG day the Iron pipe is one of the best 1 handed weapon in the game due to its high max dmg and critical +. Stack some critical chips on yourself and cackle madly as red numbers explode off machines. The other critical + one handed sword does similar work but has a lower max cap, but a higher low end to the dmg so it works better early on.

But honestly, I just use the iron pipe because it brings back memories.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Exercu posted:

Easiest way of handling snakes with stuff you can actually do at this point in the game is to just go near them, perfect dodge and countershoot with your pod.

At this point in the game this will likely one shot them.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
It's not voiced here but I think she might have been in Kyle's stream when he did this quest. Watching that steam is spoiler hell though

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
The delivery of the 'lets get him' line is great.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Said phone game has 589 weapon stories or some insanity apparently.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
The worst part of that last Quest is that elevator opens and that music plays and I had to set my controller down for a minute as I realized what was happening. drat you Yoko taro

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
And water, Androids run on purified water.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Eopia posted:

He only managed to backup 2B, he was restored from a pre-mission backup. Which still leaves the 'Why didn't they just restore the deserter from a pre-mission backup as well?' question open.

They might have. She might be miles away doing another mission not remembering that she ever planned to desert.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Id plays the EMP orbs kinda conservatively. Honestly you can get right up on them and murder away with slashes as they'll take out the balls exiting them. You don't have to worry till it starts throwing lasers and even then you can usually melt them with constant fire and stabbing before they hit ya.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
This area is awesome and has a chance to drop one of the best chips in the game off of one of the pickup spots.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Vil posted:

Resilience?

Overclock can drop there too.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

StandardVC10 posted:

So when can we expect you to start the LP? :v:

As someone with the 1000 points for bullet witch...

Don't play it

Ever

That game is total trash. Like super bad.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

exploded mummy posted:

Id's already played Limbo of the Lost

He's a tough cookie

I would rather play limbo of the lost than bullet witch again.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I'm pretty sure someone at Platinum looked at bullet witch at some point in Bayonetta development and said "don't do that and we're solid".

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Seriously, listen to this. It will be important.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I own that shirt I am in fact wearing it now. 100% recommend

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Malachite_Dragon posted:

But you already did Speed Star, nothing could possibly be as annoying as that loving thing :confused:

Oh but there is. I have a map of them and it still took me like 15 minutes in playthrough 2.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Hmm..

This can not continue I guess.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I sure was glad I hacked duel ax robot in this segment. His moveset is great.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
I am super excited to watch route C. I think like 90% of the thread has already played it judging by their reactions. HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!

Also to quote 2 pages ago. Yes, a Yoko Taro visual novel would be like Doki Doki literature club.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

exploded mummy posted:

Look at it this way

It can't get any worse

Ha.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Nier just won best soundtrack At the game awards. This makes me happy.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

Alaan posted:

So 100 theme songs jump out of a plane.

Nah, 2 squads of 50 theme songs build giant forts and fight each other.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Nier 3: Accord's time traveling adventure.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

gently caress yes

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Drakennier! I'm loving this poo poo.

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Did dark Id say he was gonna getting the short stories like did the stage play?

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie
Id, I played Drakenguard way back when it came out and totally forget about it untill someone was like "check out this insane game". Keep up the great work suffering for us. We love ya.

ALSO: I have linked the lp archive for the rest of these games to at least 10 people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOTC
Nov 18, 2005
Damn stupid newbie

This is good. It's exactly his kind of insanity. Especially the inside review.

• Locked thread