Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
If the season ended today, the West's playoff match-ups would be perfect.

Chicago vs. Nashville
Minnesota vs. St. Louis
Edmonton vs. Calgary
Anaheim vs. San Jose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

My favourite predictions

T-Bone posted:

6. Arizona - Probably two years away. It's going to be weird when Edmonton/Arizona/Calgary supplant LA/SJ/ANA but it's going to be soon.

2/3 ain't bad.

Mind_Taker posted:

8. Columbus - bad coach, horrible contracts. Maybe they'll luck out and get #6 in the division but right now they are the clear worst team in the Metro.

To be fair, no one was picking Columbus, so this is slightly unfair to single out one particular person. Then again, this is the fun of predictions.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'll do an effortpost in a bit because I'm still trying to figure out who I feel like goes where, but I'm surprised to see so many "fewest goals" votes for Columbus. They were 17th in goals scored last season and were one of the first two teams to get four 20+ goal scorers last year (Chicago was the other).

Currently 6th in goals scored. Oddly, only have 3 20+ goal scorers, with Gagner having an outside chance of becoming the fourth.

Also, a lot of people had Dallas as a playoff team, and I think everyone made mention about how Colorado had improved.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Matthews has a real shot at scoring 40 goals this year, only needed 2 in his last 5 games. Only 14 other players have ever scored 40 goals in their rookie season, and Matthews would be the first since Ovechkin to do it (Crosby was close with 39 in the same year as Ovechkin). Before Laine and Matthews this year, the highest previous total since Ovechkin was Grabner with 34.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

hifi posted:

he's right though? the coyotes are tanking

I was more impressed with, even if he didn't say it'd happen this year, Edmonton & Calgary's rise coinciding with the other team's fall. Like, sure, it's not really that big of a prediction to say that 3 young teams will eventually surpass 3 older teams in 2-3 years, but I just put it there because it happened this year.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

JohnnyCanuck posted:

This is why I don't want to play the Leafs in the first round: insufferable Leafs fans.

I promise to become the most insufferable Leafs fan if they ever have any success in the playoffs.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Glambags posted:

Did you just change your av again or has it not changed since 2013

I have never changed it. It just took four years for it to become relevant again.

Also, I couldn't find my previous Tina av which showed the Leafs not making the playoffs.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Maybe having former Swedish League MVP, Anton Rodin, only play 3 games was the reason for their season.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I don't want Colorado to improve, and neither do any of you you concern trolls.

Yeah, but the alternative right now is the Flyers and Devils.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

ThinkTank posted:

Every time I think "man these HFboards trade proposals are moronic, who comes up with these?" I remind myself that in real life someone traded Joe Thornton for Brad Stuart, Wayne Primeau and Marco Sturm.

I remember reading a defense of the trade from some schmo on the internet, because according to this schmo, the Bruins wouldn't have won the Cup with Thornton. This trade freed them from his contract, and they were able to sign Chara the next offseason.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

corn on the cop posted:

Phil Housley was a decent Devil for all of his 22 games with the team

I think Housley was better as a Leaf for his whole 4 games he played with them.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

For some reason, I woke up with the name Ladislav Nagy in my mind. Didn't realize he left the NHL nearly 10 years ago. I also would have guessed he had a better career than he actually did.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

I'd like the Leafs to get Kovalchuk if only because he's one of favourite, if not my favourite, player of all-time.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

All this talk about Hossa, and man, I just did not realize that he's been with the Blackhawks for 8 seasons now. My memory is still him in a Thrashers jersey, and that only lasted 2 1/2 seasons. This is what getting old feels like, I guess.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Just saw that Ryan Strome isn't protected, and I haven't seen anyone mention it. Is there no hope left for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

The Dirty Burger posted:

Eberle is going to get a better return than Hall isn't he

The thing about that...

• Locked thread