Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Did you guys notice the tequila bottle is the same one they used in Breaking Bad?

Just getting that out there now. I'm sure it will come up later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Troy Queef posted:

I too have agonized about punctuation.

Well back in 2002 that could get you banned.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

My mom randomly brings up that she doesn't understand chicken and waffles. I don't know why, no one ever talks about it. But several times over the past few months she just says she doesn't understand chicken and waffles.

Have her dunk some fried chicken into a little bit of syrup. At least then she'll understand chicken and waffles even if she doesn't like it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

You can wrap basically any breakfast food in a tortilla and dump salsa on it and make it 100% better. Ask me about my spicy tomatillo Froot Loops breakfast burrito.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

The "secret menu item" is Christmas except it's not a secret at all. But it makes the locals feel special.

Edit: also, there is a Pablo Escobar quote on the underside of the small soda.

Pretty sure it's "Franch" dipping sauce.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I do like the story on the most recent podcast about how the editor took some liberties with Gus' reveal and Vince was initially frustrated but came around once he realized that the version he had in his head was actually worse.

I feel like most of the success of Vince's shows comes from just being a showrunner who's willing to listen to their crew, it's deceptive how simple it is. Didn't he want to kill Walt Jr. in season 1 before everyone talked him down from it?

I can't even imagine how the rest of the series would have gone with out Walt Jr/Flynn.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

Is it possible to practice law under an assumed name? I would think you would have to give your real name to the court.

Just ask Jerry Callo.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Raxivace posted:

California was talking about passing some kind of law outright prohibiting all lawyers from having sex with clients just a few months ago. Apparently it actually is a relatively widespread issue, or at least enough for there to be a somewhat public debate about it.

Class action lawsuits plummet in CA.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Marie didn't respect Hank's mineral collection. She may have been the biggest monster of them all. :colbert:

Incidentally, I just caught up on this show and it seems like this season is moving even more slowly than last season. Have they said how many seasons it's going to be? Because it just feels like they don't have a whole lot to tell about anything outside of Gus/Mike/Hector. It's still a good show, but I think it's one of those shows where it's better to put it off for 3-4 weeks and then catch up so you can actually see a couple of plot points manifest.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

-Walt's a bad guy!
-Tuco is crazy!
-Jesse moves to Alaska and opens a furniture store!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Lantern is going to be the episode that Kim sets fire to Chuck's house to get Jimmy out from under that rear end in a top hat. No one would expect Kim to be the one that crosses the line and Jimmy the one that ends the relationship.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

What was the correct Mesa Verde address again?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So he really butchers it on the stand.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

No, he doesn't. As I said before:

I can't check myself, but didn't he say 1416? Guess it really doesn't matter either way though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Well there ya go. He may be crazy, but he's got a knack for remembering famous dates in history!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ak Gara posted:

It's set way after BB I think? Or :lost: plot twist, it's before he became a lawyer!

He was watching videos of his own commercials from the future! Saul Goodman confirmed time traveler. This also explains how he found Walter White so quickly...he had already done it!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

I agree. Each season's Cinnabon segment has been longer, and in this season's he finally talked as his desire to be a lawyer is starting to override his cowardice. There's every reason to think there will be some significant post-BB stuff if it doesn't get canceled.

I know I'll be shouted down for this but I really want his final act to be to somehow get Jesse out of the charges that are surely coming down on him.

I think it's a safe bet that the end of the series will be Jimmy (going by his old name.....in Mike's voice) in court either defending himself or someone else.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Venuz Patrol posted:

surprise bcs twist: the cinnabon scenes are after saul's escape but before walt's blaze of glory several months later

I sort of figured this anyways. Don't know what difference it will make. He'd still have to be Gene for a few years for it to die down.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Is there any chance that the insurance company looks at the transcript of the Bar hearing, sees Jimmy got a bad shake, and jacks up his rates by something less than 150%?

It doesn’t have to be a good chance. Jimmy would throw Chuck under the bus for a 0.01% chance.

If it's anything close to real life then the insurance company won't give a poo poo unless the supreme court comes and tells them they can't raise his rates 150% for a probation regardless of the situation leading up to it.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ghostwritingduck posted:

I haven't been watching since the second episode this season. Have things picked up?

May as well just wait out the next few weeks and binge the rest of it. I like to watch this show in 3-4 episode chunks.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Gene falls to the floor of the cinnabon. People rush to help him. He weakly speaks his last few words before dying

"I...i...i aquit"

That's always the one that gets brought up, but the worst "debate" from The Office thread is still whether the salt on the cars was real or not.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

mallratcal posted:

Maybe 'Lantern' will be a beacon of hope for Chuck as he gets his brain fixed.

He wasn't in the last episode, so I bet he's made huge strides in his recovery by the time the insurance company looks into him. Sure, there's the transcripts, but they may not read as poorly as they flowed out of him. And he can play the "my brother broke my heart, of course I was upset" card just as much as Jimmy did.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

Well we can't say we haven't been asking for it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECfRp-jwbI4&t=7s

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'm a firm believer that verbal agreements should be honored, but if you're running a business or are a lawyer you better get everything in writing.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So did Spain get next weeks episode this week again?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I figured Nacho would run and that's how Saul will meet the vacuum disappearer guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cnut the Great posted:

Jimmy at two pivotal points in his life:

That isn't $700. :mad:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Guys, I don't think we're supposed to be looking up to Saul. We're just supposed to be seeing what lead to him becoming a drug empire's consigliere, and to understand why he chose those actions. We are supposed tobe looking up to Mike though. Mike's a good guy.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TOOT BOOT posted:

TV shows aren't real and it's okay to enjoy a character that does things you find detestable in real life. It's like watching a Friday the 13th movie and saying 'I just can't stand Jason, he keeps murdering people'

Jason has a lot of mother issues to work through. He needs to :therapy:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

In Omaha Nebraska, Cinnabon owns you!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't think a nursing home is going to deeply investigate a bingo game where the prizes are stickers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bigass Moth posted:

So is jimmy actually going to see any of that cash?

I think he will, but I bet he loses most of it somehow. Maybe helping Kim or trying to start an actual production company or something. Maybe his production company is Ice Station Zebra!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I'm sure the oil tycoon is going to be pissed about legal papers floating in the desert and not her missing a meeting/deadline and him getting hit by double taxation.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Can you really be pissed at your lawyer for getting into a car crash

For missing a deadline, absolutely. At least there's not gonna be any alcohol in her system.

edit:

Eh, good enough reason to post this guy. I love this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kIVjOe6hDU

Solice Kirsk fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Jun 14, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TBeats posted:

I've heard several people say that this last episode made them hate Saul and they can't figure out if that's why they have actually began rooting for Chuck, or if Chuck is actually sympathetic now.

What I am saying is this show is brilliantly written.

It's both. Remember when we started liking Hamlin at the end of season 1? Well now we're starting to like Chuck at the end of season 3. Vinny Gil knows how to write characters.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Platystemon posted:

Chuck is an irredeemable shitheel and liking him now is akin to liking Hitler in April of 1945.

To be fair, that is when he killed Hitler.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

There is an argument to be made that if Saul had never volunteered his services after their initial dealings ("So if you wanna make more money, and keep the money you make...Better Call Saul!"), Walt would have never been in a position to grow into the Heisenberg we knew by the Finale. He probably would have just ended up arrested or buried in the desert if he'd continued to follow the trajectory he was on.

Just like the vet is the deus ex machina in BCS, Saul was in BB.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

They're

Post ruined

I they're their joking? I don't know man. That sounds even less right.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Couldn't that just be short for Eladio? I know typically its for Eduard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

Kim gunna become an addict, you heard it here first folks

This leads to Badger which leads to Skinny Pete which leads to Saul defending them in court!

• Locked thread