Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I was happy to see Krazy 8 last season. That was cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Mike's Unboxing Videos. Subscribed.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

You guys got this solved yet?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

some guy on the bus posted:

Congrats, you just said a worse thing than anybody. How did you manage that?

It's not that controversial of an opinion and I've heard it sprinkled throughout BCS's run. I don't share it, but it's not ridiculous. The creators of this show have clearly honed their craft since BB started and it shows.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Is there any possibility whatsoever that Fring and Chuck could have a scene together? I think it'd be dope

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bobby Digital posted:

Imagine four gas caps on the edge of a display rack.

Gus works the same way.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GigaPeon posted:

It's me! I'm the guy who got confused when he ditched the tracker at work, but then somehow had it when he got home.

Did I miss a scene where he went back for it?

*eye twitches* He left it at the parking garage so his early morning vet call wouldn't attract suspicion from whoever's tailing him. So we can assume he put it on again before he left the garage and went home and a day or so passes until he gets the test unit from the vet guy.

E: beaten didn't see the above posts

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

People are probably just overthinking it a little.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Platystemon posted:

“Fly” was the worst episode of Breaking Bad outside of the second season.

Bzzzzzzt wrong mother fucker.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Fly was tough for fans watching week to week as it aired for good reasons, Fly is however a good episode.

Everyone was right.

Except the guy who only saw it for the first time on a binge-through and hated it, that guy is wrong.

Bzzzzt, wrong again. It's Good.

Tough to deal with weak to week? gently caress that. You can't get everything at breakneck speed and have high quality drama at the same time.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Grand Fromage posted:

Him trying to get fired is the best montage ever filmed.

Oh my god, I almost forgot about that sequence. I'm immediately loading that episode up in iTunes to see it right now. Fantastic.

I thought the Kettlemans were pretty funny too

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I'm ready to be baffled

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Hey, someone give me a refresher, it's been too long since S2.

Why does Mike hate and want to kill Hector again? That was put on the backburner because of the Gus stuff but I forget why he was in the desert with the rifle in the first place.

The cousins threatened him and his granddaughter after Mike set up Tuco in order to get him sent to prison to protect his and Nacho's rear end IIRC

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

EatinCake posted:

I was thinking the other day about what I originally thought when I heard they were making this show- that it would be the adventures of Saul Goodman, pre-Breaking Bad- but still Saul Goodman. So reverse CSI, where he's just a corrupt lawyer and you have a client-of-the-week that he has to get off in a fun conniving way.

Still pleased as pie with the show as it is, but I can't help but hope that we at least get a few episodes of the above too.

I hope the show never becomes this "reverse-CSI" you speak of. That sounds terrible

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Couldn't disagree more. I hate it, the show feels so much more slower than BB it's hovering around unwatchable. This is three seasons in and Jimmy is further from becoming Saul now than in season one! It's a testament to the quality that I don't want to stop watching but drat it it's slow. Looking at a guy looking menacingly at stuff isn't drama.

There's only been two episodes..

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GobiasIndustries posted:

Honestly, I think Pollos would be actual good fast food chicken, since apart from the drug kingpin thing (yes I know this is a huge part of his life) Gus seemed to be a p. good dude. He doesn't need to worry about profit margins or anything like that, I can see Pollos being absolutely delicious because why not?

That's what I always assumed too: that Gus would make his restaurant exceptional because he doesn't really cut corners anywhere, and like you said with no margins to think about, he probably gets the best, most delicious ingredients and employees he can get his hands on.

gently caress I'm hungry.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

King Vidiot posted:

I don't mind the Mike sitting in a car scenes, but the cynical side of me is thinking one thing: AMC budget cuts.

From the way the folks on the Insider Podcast talk about money and new drones and stuff for production, I don't know, it sounds like they're doing okay. Did someone ITT earlier say ratings weren't great?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Supercar Gautier posted:

(Saul actually does say "that was you?" re: the car wash at one point).

Wait wait, what? When?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

OctaviusBeaver posted:

I'm mostly playing on my phone during Mike scenes tbh

lol

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Colonel Whitey posted:

The courtroom scenes are going to be the loving poo poo and I can't wait

yes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

drunken officeparty posted:

You are all assuming he is going to call the police or whatever

It certainly looks like Chuck's building up a criminal case, yes

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

canoshiz posted:

I'm pretty sure he introduces himself to Walt(?) as James McGill straight up.

Faith and begorrah! A fellow potato eater! My real name's McGill. The Jew thing I just do for the homeboys. They all want a pipe-hitting member of the tribe, so to speak...

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vermain posted:

he tries to con Tuco's abuela

No. The skateboarders thought her car was the Kettlemobile when they hit it. He was trying to get the Kettlemans' business by being there when that happened

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Vermain posted:

Ah, okay; thanks for the correction.

Sorry, couldn't let it slide. Jimmy loves old people and wouldn't simply grift them out of cash. He wants justice, dammit!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

It is still a fictional TV show, not fuckin Forensic Files.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Let's just put it this way: I hope they solve the Important Mystery of Jimmy's future legal name at some point in the series.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Tenzarin posted:

I thought they were already arrested after gus got his face blown off.

They were arrested, but they (incl. Mike) were all being paid from those offshore accounts to keep quiet in the event of Gus' death or capture. Once Jesse and Walt destroyed the evidence room and the bank info was discovered, it basically sets off the events of that half of the season (Mike needs $$$ so he begrudgingly works for Jesse and Walt, Gus' other employees start thinking about ratting everyone out since they aren't getting paid, etc.)

Walt has to shut the captured employees up by paying to have them killed in prison.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Invalid Validation posted:

Is future Saul hiding from the cartel? I don't remember.

I think all relevant cartel members were poisoned/killed. I assume he's hiding from the feds for working with Walter White

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 23:29 on May 1, 2017

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I prefer not to live post but I appreciate the hell out of those that do. Good reactions!!

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

NowonSA posted:

Ooh, I really like that idea. Sadly I'm pretty sure she died before Chuck went off the deep end, not entirely sure though.

Wait, when did they say that Rebecca died?

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Your Gay Uncle posted:

So I haven't seen Season 3 since it aired but was the guy who brought Don Eladio the 3 bags of money the same guy that Salamonca killed in the pool in front of Gus?

No, Gus' business partner was shot the first time either of them met Don Eladio and Salamanca quite a while before the events of this episode

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ein cooler Typ posted:

this show has me rewatching some Breaking Bad and here's a question I have

so why did Walt get Saul and Huell to steal the ricin cigarette from Jesse? Did he have a reason for it at the time or was it something like "I might want it in the future" or "I don't trust Jesse to have it"?

anyway what's the spoiler rule in this topic. Is it assumed you've seen Breaking Bad or do we need to spoiler it

I'm not going to spoiler Breaking Bad stuff. That's too tedious IMHO.

I assumed Walt had Saul and Huell steal the Ricin specifically for Brock's poisoning? edit: Walt just didn't tell Saul why he wanted the ricin. Saul told Jesse later he had no idea about Brock, and that Walt told Saul he was saving Jesse.

Last Chance fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 5, 2017

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

No no, he had Huell lift the ricin to make Jesse think that Gus poisoned him with ricin. But he actually used the lily of the valley.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Ahh yeah. This makes me want to do a BB rewatch.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

If Gus managed the business, and Walt managed the cooking, they'd be relatively set.

Yep, they would have been fine. Key word in your quote is "relatively." They'd be relatively safe and stable, for the business they're in, anyway.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

-Blackadder- posted:

As far as Walt choosing to cook meth over taking charity being the impetus for the whole series, this is partially true, however it's never specified if Gretchen and Elliot were just going to pay for Walt's treatment or something beyond that. When Walt discusses his reasoning for cooking meth with Jesse, he includes using the money to pay for future child support, school, food, mortgage, etc for his family, not only his treatment.

Walt was offered a job at Gray Matter at Elliot and Gretchen's party, and Walt seems sort of receptive to it, but once Walt hears Elliot say that the job had "excellent health insurance," he realized it was being offered because Skyler told Elliot about his cancer. Then he turns it down.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

As a texan, their spanish is funny. I'm not fluent enough to tell whether it's "bad" exactly but they sure seem to be doing cartoony villain voices.

I've heard a lot of Spanish in my life and they kinda just sound like non-native speakers: really slow and deliberate. The pronunciations are decent, but again, seem very slow and practiced but at the same time emphasized weirdly.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

I liked when they asked Chuck if he would have let Rebecca know if he had lung cancer and he replied "..Maybe??" Felt like a nod to Walter White

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

vermin posted:

Do you guys think the show will eventually move into the monochromatic Cinnabun hellscape?

Yes, almost certainly. There's no way they'd keep teasing us with that unless they planned on making it pay off somehow. I think it'd be tops if they ended the whole series with an entire post-BB season for their final season.

Ak Gara posted:

It's set way after BB I think? Or :lost: plot twist, it's before he became a lawyer!
It can't be too far from BB, I'd think. I'd guess less than a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Secret Agent X23 posted:

It definitely needs some kind of payoff, and I'm sure there'll be one. But I don't think that necessarily means moving the whole thing to Gene full time. A short and sweet scene that does something to assure us that Gene's going to be okay would be good enough. Maybe he unlocks a storage unit and we see that he has pallets full of money stored there, just like Walter White. And then he takes just a few bills to buy a new DVD player or something. He can't live like a guy who has a preposterous amount of money because he has to keep a low profile.

That said, shouting at the guy to "get a lawyer" clearly shows us some movement in the character.

What I'd like to see is Gene deciding he's had enough of living the Cinnabon life, and he's going to make one last, grand, desperate attempt to do something BIG--something that'll result in either death, prison, or excessive wealth. But no matter the outcome, at least he'll have tried, by God. We don't even need to see him carrying out whatever the scheme is. All we would really need is just need to see him commit to it, probably getting past the point of no return.

Yeah, we see signs of life with the "get a lawyer" thing like you said, so I want to see Gene at full attention, facing down some final obstacle. I'd really like it to be him slippin' his way out of some horrific charges accumulated during the feds' search for Walter White.

But I'd imagine that would take more than a single episode to show.

• Locked thread