Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tom Perez B/K/M?
This poll is closed.
B 77 25.50%
K 160 52.98%
M 65 21.52%
Total: 229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

"We need a 50-state strategy plus the territories, and that's what we talked about down in Atlanta last week, making sure that we redefine our mission as a Democratic Party so that we're not simply electing the president, but we're also working to elect people from the from the school board to the Senate across the nation," - chairman of the DNC, Tom Perez 02/28/2017

After the horrifying electoral failure of the democratic party following 2016, a promise like this was the bare minimum strategy to getting the dems back into power. Over the years the dems have lost so much power that the GOP is near to being able to call a constitutional convention on their own. things are dire to say the least, so tom perez' promise was welcome. hell, all the candidates for the DNC chair seemed to realize the importance of campaigning everywhere possible and the dem party supporting their candidates to grow the party as much as possible.

https://twitter.com/lhfang/status/851974533665959936

and yet again the establishment of the democratic party shows they can't ever be trusted to do anything they promise to during a campaign

there's a weird DNC show thing going on with perez tonight at 7pm ET tonight. hope he gets asked about this, and why he's for a 49-state strategy now

https://twitter.com/TomPerez/status/851960464582037504

Calibanibal posted:

When the centrists send their people, they’re not sending their best. They’re bringing insults. They’re bringing shitposts. They’re trolls. And some, I assume, are good people

a list of fascist sympathizers you might wanna put on ignore if you haven't already:

• JeffersonClay
  • call to action

Condiv fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Sep 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DaveWoo posted:

Yes, the Democrats are a waste, please continue to wallow in defeatism and apathy.

This post brought to you by the Republican National Committee. Trump 2020!

not hard to be defeatist when the party slimes back to it's old behavior. promise poo poo during the campaign and never follow through once they get into office. they ceded a close race to the republicans. that dude lost by 6% of the vote

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Oxxidation posted:

At this point I wish I could cast a vote for Le Pen just on the off chance it'll mean jackboots smashing in this guy's door.

nice, centrists wishing they could vote for fascists

i guess donald trump launching those missiles made you appreciate the charms of neo-nazis

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

he had to lock the last thread as his veil of leftism rather than fygm was uncovered a bit.

what are you even talking about?

Oxxidation posted:

I'm not a centrist. I just hate you.

right back at you. just surprised your anger would drive you to embrace fascism

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Nevvy Z posted:

It's almost like he's trying to influence elections in favor of the other party.

do you spend your spare time dreaming up conspiracy theories about me? cause it's pretty creepy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

parallelodad posted:

Bernie Sanders podcast is pretty good.

:ssh: he's not a democrat

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Typo posted:

tbf the seat didn't look winnable just a week or two ago

repubs didn't use that excuse. they poured 100k+ in emergency ads and visits from loving mike pence. dems are just poo poo

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Machinegun Arm! posted:

Is this supposed to be a burn? Cuz it just makes you sound like an autist who can't tell the difference between serious talk and just joshin'. Like, I don't even have a horse in this race, but come on dude you have to do better than that.

no oxxidation just stalks me, he's not joshin.

quote:

Uh anyways, yea I'm not sure what the dem strategy is supposed to be at this point. Are they an opposition party who backs centrist candidates? A centrist party which seeks leftist support? And why are they so enamored with the center when the republicans are living (undead?) proof that extremism gets votes?

well a good first start would be to expand their roster while they look for a more coherent strategy, but it doesn't seem like they're gonna do that. i'm going to guess they are going to repeat the failed strategy of the last 4 years and hope they coast into office cause trump is terrible (only the easy ones in nice safe blue states though). also they'll probably run hillary again (and deffo put chelsea into a nice safe seat).

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

We're not. It was a stupid thing to say. There's no way in hell Dems are winning certain states, Kansas was one of them.

Like the people there will soon shut down schools and the Republicans still won. Say what you will about GOTV, but if that doesn't make people go "ya know what, maybe it's time for something diffirent" well. And yeah, historically dems always got facefucked in kansas even on their best days. I don't know why the gently caress condiv is hyperventilating over this/

he was 6% off. with no local support and no national support. and the repubs put $100ks up against him cause they got scared. it was winnable

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

no, just no stupid criticism from idiots

idiots find this extremely offensive, for some reason, but such is life, the path to majorities is not indulging these idiots

you really think it's stupid for the dems to try to win winnable seats?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Oxxidation posted:

Because he doesn't have a stake in any of the politics in this country, he just uses it as a distraction while he squats in his lovely little apartment across the ocean.

There are leftists in this country who are organizing and working hard to get whatever feeble dregs of their vision passed before they're stamped out by the people in charge of the Democratic party. No one who posts in these threads are among them.

yeah how dare i have got a job in france years ago. really p hosed up if you think about it

SSNeoman posted:

He was 6% off in a close race in prob the most ideal conditions in a hick red state. If he didn't win then, he wouldn't have won ever.

I look forward to your next thread about Alabama.

no, the most ideal conditions would involve support from the dem party.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

no, I think it was dumb of them not to toss the $20k the guy asked for, it is worth taking very low-cost fliers if for no other reason than to build goodwill

i just have little patience for the people who now that they know this election wound up being close think this was always some close election that the DNC should have gone all-in on: it is one of the most securely Republican seats in the country (top third, which is saying a lot). it is a minor error, not a major one: it is very likely that no amount of investment was going to get all the way to a win, but the small amounts asked for would have been worth it to generate goodwill

however it is notable that the bernie wing didn't campaign or donate any serious amount of money either: it just was completely off everyone's radar: RNC, DNC, berniecrats, tea partiers, everyone.

i agree with you on the first part, but disagree with you on the second.this was a major error. the dems need to build trust after they lost a poo poo ton of it after 2016. and this makes people lose trust in them because they gave $0.

also, ourrevolution did in fact endorse him and he was happy for that endorsement. so your claims the bernie wing was absent are patently false.

quote:

democrats are competing hard in GA-04 which is the race that was looked at as the best shot to start winning back the house despite it being a deep red seat that usually wouldn't be competitive, so the lesson everyone is whining about has gotten through: compete in hostile territory. it just didn't get through that everywhere is now on the board, not just places that are reasonable in a 10-15% swing which would be an enormous Republican wipeout already. people whining that true liberals knew but the DNC didnt are flatly wrong and so it's not an excuse to relitigate those dumb issues

the other problem is the DNC knows that its polling is off: it was very off in 2016 and they're currently trying to work out how to fix it, so even polling that showed it close (if it existed) might reasonably have been ignored as just more of the same problem until the RNC flipped out as well

the lesson was compete in all hostile territory. try to break into red states. we are almost completely locked out of power as a party so expanding our power would be a really good idea asap, and throwing elections like in ks-04 by refusing to support democrats is only hurting us. i just want tom perez to abide by his 50-state strategy and not let possible wins like this one wither from lack of dem support.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Apr 12, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

They endorsed him. They then gave him $900. The DNC endorsed him as well, endorsements aren't spending resources to help elect him.

so you're saying the bernie wing was infinitely more supportive of him than the DNC was. despite tom perez promising to fight for every zip code. the DNC found the money for extremely expensive wasteful ads in 2016, the least they can do is throw a campaign like this $20k to try to help him win

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

here's a hint: anytime you, a moron, think that you can rephrase something anyone else says, stop because you can't

what i was saying is what i said, not your moronic interpretation of it

don't pretend the bernie wing was absent if you know they weren't.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/emmaroller/status/852012264282480640

centrists can't help but be terminally wrong it seems :smith:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

the bernie wing gave a token $900, which is being effectively absent

but if you want to be a moron, the DNC gave $3k on March 13th but you don't see anyone saying that was important

i am totally surprised that a nascent wing of the party might not have much resources to distribute. i wonder if there's a larger organization that's devoted to a 50-state strategy that could provide a much larger donation to the tune of $20k?

the state dems gave him the 3k evil weasel, he got nothing from the dnc

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/851990942718492672/photo/1

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

the state dems were also the ones who turned down the $20k

ok, so you think the DNC should have contributed nothing? state parties are too cash poor in red states to bootstrap their own dem candidates. that's just a recipe for failure. the DNC should've supported this guy, just like how the republicans supported their guy

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

i have said what i think the dnc should have done multiple times

what i am posting there is a different thing I think: that you know nothing and are an idiot and all of your opinions are free from any consideration of facts, and that you should stop posting because you have nothing intelligent to say

thompson was mad at the state democratic party, that's what all the fuss was about (something I didn't realize either, but i'm not the one drawing distinctions between the two) not the main democratic party. the main democratic party's job should be to ensure that the state parties have sufficient funding and support but to let them allocate resources as they see fit with their better understanding of their state. the dnc should have made sure the local dnc could give the guy $20k for the mailers (they could have either way, they had ~$220k, but i assume they wanted to reserve money for contesting more local elections which is a reasonable use of money when you've got such limited resources)

ultimately there are a bunch of idiots, such as you, that want to turn this into some narrative of brilliant berniecrats who were squashed by the evil centrists of the dnc. that is a stupid opinion in general but in perticular here, where both the berniecrats and the dnc simply didn't consider it a wise use of resources because the important information - that this district was actually close - wasn't there. now, it is.

the criticism i made, an intelligent and reasoned one, was that for federal elections $20k is a reasonable throwaway amount for long-shots and so it was a poor tactical decision to deny that. the decision that it was one hell of a longshot wasn't a poor decision: it was wrong, but many reasonable decisions end up being wrong. this shouldn't have been competitive, even given Trump and even given Brownback. that it is is a great loving sign and one that must be incorporated into future planning. but the idea it was evil centrists who didn't see it and berniecrats who did is objectively, provably false.

you've confused the DNC and the state party so forgive me for asking you to clarify

do you think perez should've done something different than what he did when said he was committing no resources to this race.

also note that I have not once posted about berniecrats in this thread. you're the one that keeps talking about them. I'm complaining that perez is not following his purported 50-state strategy to our detriment.

edit: well now i just posted about them. thanks for that lol

Condiv fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Apr 12, 2017

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

I think Perez should have close enough relations with the state parties to make sure at least a token amount of funding - like the $20k - gets funded by the national party if it isn't able to be funded by the state party. I think that he should absolutely implement a full 50 state strategy and contest every single Republican district that can be contested. Money is still going to be limited so most of these long-shot people are going to be on their own beyond token funding until they demonstrate they're worth more investment, but $20k should be well within the amount for anyone who is running.

I also think he's just gotten control of the DNC after a fairly contested DNC election and while everyone is shell-shocked from the 2016 election, so while I think it was a mistake not to have gotten the $20k, I consider it a reasonable mistake to have made provided it isn't made again. I think that he tunnel-visioned a little too hard on the Georgia race which is absolutely in line with the 50-state strategy - it's one that woundn't usually be contested at all - and missed the Kansas one. It was a mistake. It wasn't a big mistake - I don't believe the extra money would have made a difference, and I think that it isn't reasonable to assume that it was known it could be this close - but it was a mistake. Assuming it's learned from, and the Montana race is a good race to look at and see if it is, then great. But rebuilding these local parties isn't something you can just flip a switch on and have it be done. It's going to take sustained work by the DNC to be where we need to be in 2018.

if perez was anywhere as competent as he claimed he was he would've been ready for this poo poo. 20k should be the minimum we give out to any candidate we field. we spent a billion on hillary's waste of a campaign, we refuse to stop taking megadonor bucks, so why not at least put it to some good use so the dems can actually fight back against trump? if perez learns his lesson and supports al the remaining races now it'll be forgiveable i guess, but as someone who's lived in red states all his life this kind of stings cause it says that dems aren't gonna try to rejuvenate dead dem parties like my state's.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

I do not know if the links between the national and the Kansas party are even good enough that the national DNC got a request for the $20k. That is absolutely the sort of thing that takes time. If the $20k request landed on his desk and he rejected it, it's definitely a bigger fuckup than if it never reached the national DNC. But getting the system there so the local parties ask for that help isn't instant.

I understand your frustration, and while I love Obama allowing the local parties to atrophy after the 50 state plan was so successful in 2006 and 2008 was inexcusable. But I think it's silly to assume that because it isn't already fixed the lesson wasn't learned when there's a big race in a deep red district currently going on with heavy DNC support.

https://ballotpedia.org/Jon_Ossoff

it's kinda worrying that the only race the DNC actually seems to care about involves a ceo former congressional-aide. are the dems only gonna help the people they happen to meet in D.C.?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

DaveWoo posted:

That's the spirit! Find any excuse to complain!

well, it's not like the other candidates were bad. or terrible longshots. but not one thought of support for them. meanwhile a former congressional aide gets 8.3m

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

They care about that race because although it's usually R+20, Trump won it very narrowly (something like +2.5), so there's never been a concern that it's out of reach and a waste of resources. They need to be able to win seats like this to get the majority: it's competitive and has been known to be competitive the entire race, so you pour in the resources you'd expect to see in a competitive race. It would be inexcusable to only be tossing in small amounts of resources given that they already know its vulnerable. If the Kansas seat had similar early indications it was competitive, then they'd have been putting those resources in there as well the entire race.

so it's just a coincidence that the only guy currently recieving support from the DNC worked as an aide for 7 years to both lewis and johnson? cause there are other dems in that race too, but he's the only one getting massive amounts from the DNC

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

I have no idea how they picked which democrat to support, but it is absolutely the right decision to pick only one given how the special election (a jungle primary) works. If you want to tell me one of the other ones running is a better pick and why, I'm interested. If there was a separate primary and the DNC spent resources to intervene there I'd consider that a waste in almost all circumstances, but since it's a jungle primary (a) they need to make sure a Democrat is one of the top-two and (b) they desperately want to win it outright by getting 50% instead of going to a second election while the Republicans are fractured. Both make it the right thing to do to pick the strongest candidate and put all of the DNC's backing behind them. If the DNC picked a weaker candidate in this election because of DNC ties, that's bad, but I've seen nothing to that effect.

Plus, that he worked as an aide to Lewis is a pretty big plus in my book. I have no idea who Johnson is because I know little to nothing about Georgia politics or politicians but I'm going to go with the guy Lewis endorsed in most circumstances.

so people who are rich enough to rub elbows with the dems get the funding floodgates to open. everyone else can hang. dems are for rich people only

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Yeah just go hard left and see if you win any elections I guess. It's worth a try.

going centrist sure as hell doesn't. that's why we're in such dire straights!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

do you even have any idea what you're arguing at this point, because i sure don't

why is ossof funded to his hearts content while thompson wasn't given $20k? the only reason i can think of is cause the dems are nepotistic as hell and will only fund campaigns of people who've spent years chumming around with the establishment. only the idle rich can waste so much time making the connections the dems apparently require you to have to get any support from them, so the party is for the rich.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

BardoTheConsumer posted:

Or we could be some sort of coalition? I mean I know idiological purity is important in this radicalized age and all but eating each other probably isn't the answer.

too bad centrists aren't interested in such a thing. they're more interested in telling us to vote for them and then ignoring us the rest of the time. it's not a coalition if one side is completely ignored

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

see, this is a stupid post

like even under the most crazy of conspiracy beliefs, it's a really, really stupid post

lets imagine the dnc has no interest in policy. they don't care. they just want to get all those sweet centrist kickbacks

how do you get those? you get those by having a majority, so all the lobbyists have to bribe you. so your hypothetical dnc still wants thompson to win, they just thought he has no chance so why bother

i mean this is what i mean when i say that you are an idiot. it's not just that you have idiotic beliefs that contradict facts. its that your idiotic beliefs aren't even remotely consistent because the actual belief you have is just that all bad things are caused by ~evil centrists~

they wanted him to win so bad, they sent a grand total of $0 in aid.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

i already answered this question, gave you a very easy to understand answer, that you quoted and typed a response to

if you can't think of an answer when i literally gave one to you, you quoted it, but now it has exited your head i can't help you

i mean it's one thing if you disagree with the reason i gave but you didn't even do that, you have now completely forgotten it even existed

yeah, you said some bs about they only wanted to run one test run and they weren't sure thompson could win, but oh they sure wish he could, and that they just happened to choose GA, with the candidate they were familiar with as the testing grounds to throw 8.3 million dollars at. that doesn't explain a lot though, cause 8.3m is a lot and thompson wanted a fraction of that and was told no by perez.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

mcmagic posted:

How much of that 8.3 is from the DNC and how much is from individual donors?

not sure, but it's not like they didn't offer him support in other areas as well:

quote:

In addition to being well-funded, Ossoff is also heavily staffed. The DCCC sent eight staffers to Georgia in March to help his election efforts, bringing his total to 70 paid staffers and 2,000 volunteers. The DNC's bylaws mandate that the organization stay neutral during the primary, but the committee is prepared to deploy staffers and high-profile surrogates to the district for Ossoff if he finds himself in a head-to-head runoff.

i wish thompson could've had just one of those staffers. oh well, the guy who hobnobbed in d.c. is the only one worth attention from the DNC

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

yeah none of this is true, you are an idiot

go quote my post and try to respond to it, not your diseased memory of what it said

nah, you're obviously more interested in calling people idiots than making arguments. that's been about 90% of your responses to me, so forgive me if i don't waste the effort sifting through that to find the few specks of actual content in your posts

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

I'm actually left as gently caress I just don't tilt at windmills.

actually you do

your conduct wrt third party voters is proof enough of that

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

i gave comprehensive answers to your arguments that treated you like an adult, you ignored them and have now chosen to pretend they don't exist, so i'm just going to call you a moron rather than repeat putting in effort to explain why you're wrong again when all you can muster are to repeat the same stupid things i already debunked, but with less detail

you've been calling me and other people in this thread a moron since shortly after you got in. :shrug:

sorry i don't feel like wading through your posts again so i can find the specific quote you want.

SSNeoman posted:

His posts are fine, he's just telling people not to clutch pearls and eat each other.

like look at this poo poo. Oh if only he had one staffer, a penny for the poor please surely we could take redneck kansas if we do thaaaaaaat

yes, i would like to see the DNC actually make an effort. instead of saying "nah, we're not gonna do anything, good luck!"

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Craig K posted:

in the alternate universe where this democrat who ran in a district that went r+a zillion actually WINS:

"eww gross what the gently caress is this centrist doing why the gently caress is he even a democrat if he's not advocating Full Communism Now"

https://twitter.com/Wobenar/status/852159629694029824

ugh i can't believe this fickle berniebro has the temerity to criticize perez

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

"Please stop talking to rich allies and instead wave your hands to make america go Bernie's shad of blue"

she's calling bernie a fake dem... she's anti-bernie....

evilweasel posted:

perhaps that is because you keep saying monumentally stupid things????????

here is the post debunking your "why Georgia?" argument: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3816838&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=4#post471295404

except it doesn't answer the most important question of my post. why did they sink that much resources into one race and claim they were cash strapped for thompson? as i said, 20K should be a starter amount for any of our candidates at his level. why could ossof not take 8.1m, and quist and thompson get 100k each from the dnc?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

They should sink those resources into Georgia because it's winnable. That's why it's getting $8m. Any analysis of those two races would say Georgia's the one that should get the lion's share of the money.

I agree they should have sunk $20k into Kansas, and I've said that a lot. But the national DNC didn't say they were cash-strapped, the local DNC did. I have not seen the facts to know if the request got from the Kansas DNC to the national DNC: either way is bad, but fixable and doesn't indicate to me that they hate the idea of winning in Kansas but that they undervalue the usefulness of unproven long-shot candidates and they have poor links between the state and national parties that is already a priority to fix.

https://twitter.com/samknight1/status/851990942718492672/photo/1?ref_src=tw

look at the second image. perez literally says we can't afford to spend on every race.

that's claiming they're cash-strapped when there's only a couple of special elections going on right now.

quote:

So you ask what the reason is: the reason is (a) the DNC undervalued the cost/benefit of throwing $20k at what was (at the time) a very long-shot candidate and/or (b) the national DNC didn't even get the request. Neither is good. Both need to be fixed. But both are easily understandable reasons that make much more sense than the DNC just hates Thompson because he's not as well connected.

I also don't know that the $8m is from the DNC as opposed to the total amount of money Ossof raised. Obviously it's very different if most of that $8m is private donations, not DNC money.

i don't think they hate him. i think they just don't give a poo poo. like they don't give a poo poo about the rest of us, which is why they think it's fine to campaign on $15/hr and then veto it when they get into office.

it really truly feels like the dems are disconnected from anyone who can't manage to enter the d.c. sphere of influence.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

Yeah, this is much more important than worrying about money right now: the Democrats need to be fielding candidates everywhere. There's going to be more long-shots that might pan out but they only pan out if you've got a guy in the race when the Republican starts explaining his views on rape. From there, they can get the money and allocate the money but they're doing better on candidate recruitment and the Thompson getting close in a R+30 is going to be really, really helpful there.

this is why i'm angry. you say it's ok and they learned their lesson this time, i say they should've learned this lesson after trump's election. hopefully they actually learned something and fund quist. otherwise i hope you'll be there howling for blood with me.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

Trump's election gave a pretty different answer: that "safe" D areas were not safe. It certainly wasn't "deep red areas are up for grabs". That's what everyone expected Trump's election to do and whoooooooooops, maybe Clinton should have spent more time in WI/MI/PA locking those down and less in Georgia and Arizona trying to expand the map. That is certainly not the only reason she lost, but this just wasn't a lesson to draw from 2016.

you see it as two separate messages, i see it as one. we have to fight. hillary did not fight hard enough in vital states and lost them. the DNC did not do the bare minimum in this election and they barely lost. dems have been running for a long time. running from their own platform, running from their own policies, and running from red states. i and a lot of other red state dems are tired of being told by the party that we don't matter. we want the dems to fight for us for once

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Typo posted:

hillary fought so hard she literally fainted on national tv

her problem was going after states she didn't need when she should have just locked down MI/WI/PA

that is true. she tilted at windmills in texas for example. but then again, hillary wasn't forced to hide from the media for months, but she did anyway

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

evilweasel posted:

Hillary didn't fight hard enough in vital states because she was overconfident in them, not underconfident in them. She didn't campaign in WI/MI not because she didn't think she could win them but she thought she had them in the bag, and focused on reach red states instead. She thought she was more popular than she was.

That's not relevant to 2018, but you keep saying black is white and it's just not.

it's kind of a problem that dems only put up a proper fight when they feel appropriately threatened. especially since they've shown themselves to be blind to their actual situation. maybe they need to realize they're effectively blind right now and fight hard for every race instead

that is extremely relevant for 2018. if we can't start fighting like hell we're going to lose seats in 2018 when we need to gain as much seats as possible as fast as possible before we're permanently locked out of power

also i notice that you haven't said if the dems refusing to fund quist would be a breaking point for you.

edit: then again tons of people warned hillary she was weak in those states and she ignored them.

Condiv fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

SSNeoman posted:

Like normally at this point I'd make fun of your position with something like "man I remember when MLK's black followers were like 'boy I hate letting black people vote, but I love the 15th Amendment" but I can't even say that. Kansas' position on this shitshow is too absurd for me to even parody properly.

Bah okay. Look.

Dems should focus on getting other red states to flip. I have no argument here. But Kansas was always going to be a close race, and I'm not losing sleep that Perez didn't throw money to save them from themselves. Dem strategy should be to shore up as much power as possible and then use Kansas as a cautionary tale of what happens when you blindly pull R and use that while convincing other red states to vote D.

why do you want repubs to have uncontested power in kansas? why are you blaming red state voters for voting republican when the dems have drat near no presence in the state and are afraid of even being seen?

• Locked thread