Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is "Ecks Twenny Three" really that much more of a mouthful to say than "Wolverine"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm just waiting for Marvel to hire me so I can write X-Men Summers which is Cyclops, Havok, Jean, Cable, Rachel, Corsair, and Ruby on vacation together.

drat, Hope left out in the lurch, she'll remember that

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

she's an upper-class Bostonian

she should talk like JFK

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Cabbit posted:

I feel like I might have said this last month, but goddamn I really dig the art on Weapon X right now.

It was just a two-issue fill in, the regular artist is coming back next month, but yeah it was super jarring at first and then really grew on me.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jedi posted:

"Mediocre, but Serviceable - The Greg Land Story"

it made me laugh when i realized the cover of the next issue of Weapon X is the new team line up, drawn by Rahzzah, tearing through the cover of the first issue, which was drawn by Land.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

I can't wait until the reveal of the New 12 and the identity of the person who betrayed the person who betrayed the X-Men in Bishop's timeline! All-New, All-Different Summers Cousins!

Finally, a way to work Adam X, The X-Treme back in to the story

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

are her old eyes still going to be cameras that feed directly to Mojo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Kwannon gouged them out shortly before she died.

harsh, but fair

e: also as i think the only person in this subforum reading Mystery in Madripoor, I'm not gonna say this makes sense, but I can see it coming in the final issue.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the only other one i can think of off hand is Shatterstar

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

My friend too me to a strip club for my birthday and one of the dancers was a Russian woman with exact Illyana hair. :stare:

imma level with you man

every russian woman has illyana's hair and every russian man has piotr's hair

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robot Wendigo posted:

If I was thinking of picking up an X-Men monthly again, which one would you recommend?

weapon x

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1040274860587606018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

No Feral no deal!

I mean, for historical accuracy right?

feral died on the way back to her home planet

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

domino annual good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It's like Kitty's mind inside of it or something?

its DOFP-timeline Kathryn Pryde

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Leah Williams stuff was the highlight of Domino Annual, too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

What? Was that a retcon? Because he wasn't around in the 80's and nothing I've read with Rockslide showed any connection between him and Emma.

not those Hellions, the other Hellions

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Fine he can replace Colossus as the heavy, I wasn't married to him anyways (Neither was Kitty, HAHAHAHAHA).

Colossus can be in my fan fiction Dennis Hopeless Rogue & Gambit style series, Domino & Colossus

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Teenage Fansub posted:

The X-amples!
The X-aggerators!
The X-foliators!

The X-hibitionists

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I thought the Legion mini was Si Spurrier, did Spurrier write the X-Men Legacy stuff?

also Weapon X is still good

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Spurrier wrote Legacy, I don't know about the mini.

Looking it up, it was Peter Milligan like Archyduchess said.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Heavy Metal posted:

So are they getting rid of the darn time displaced X-kids yet in this relaunchboot? That's my Moby Dick right there, I only need one Jean and Scott and whatnot, except for special weird occassions, let's get rid of the kids. Are we getting rid of the kids?

well it's interesting you use the Moby Dick comparison because the point of Extermination is that Ahab wants them dead too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the ending of Mystery in Madripoor where Psylocke got her old body back also showed Kwannon alive in her old body again too so presumably they told Zub they had plans for that in the future but its comic books y'all, who knows

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

x-men holiday special is pretty good though :)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Maybe Brisson can bring some of his fun ideas to his new X-Force book

hopefully

please god

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I wonder if that book not coming together is why Mystique and M showed up for the final arc of Weapon X.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

pour one out for Weapon X this week too

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

At least Domino is getting a team book with her current creative team.

Is this referring to X-Force or did they announce another team book she's gonna be in?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

No, Domino: Hotshots which starts in March.

:aaa: how did i not see this

e: only a 5-issue mini but poo poo i'll take it

Alaois fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Dec 13, 2018

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, that's the unfortunate part but Simone and Baldeon are killing it so...

its better knowing about this than being worried about Domino not being in February's solicits like i've been for the past month

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduchess posted:

I'm more concerned about the narrative beat of teen Bobby nobly stuffing himself back into the closet for the good of reality, which is an extraordinarily bad look for a book coming out in the waning days of 2018.

i think brisson thought he was doing it gently with that last scene between young bobby and old bobby but B O Y

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

You could give that concept to Dennis Hopeless and have a fine old time, if they let it alone.

drawn by Phil Noto, because who else could you get to draw the 90s but done to look like the 60s

okay gently caress time to stop fantasy booking a nonexistent comic

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robot Wendigo posted:

I read the X-Men Holiday Special. The Jubilee connecting story was fun, although I'd forgotten that she had a kid. And was/is a vampire. I've always assumed that Christmas based comics like this are produced both for longtime fans and for frantic parents/grandparents to grab to stuff in some kid's stocking. If that's still the case, then the Domino story should have created some interesting discussions round the Yule log.

Anthony Piper also wrote/drew the X-Men Annual story a few years back that was Domino murking an entire anti-mutant militia army base while bantering with Sunspot over the radio and that's the extent of his X-Men body of work so he certainly has an idea of what he likes to do with that universe

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Robot Wendigo posted:

I'm going to hunt that down. I liked his art on that page, and I love Domino sooooo

it was the second story in Uncanny X-Men Annual from 2016, specifically.

also I forgot, he has one more thing, which is the flashback pages in issue 3 of the Domino solo series, but that just kind of furthers my point :v:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I'm suddenly thinking back to the episode of Jay and Miles where they interviewed Jordan D. White and he was hyping up this whole thing, and I realized that he became the X-Men group chief editor after the things that I like or liked happening at the time (Weapon X, Domino) had already been decided on and that he's responsible for a lot of bad recent stuff (like Extermination).

I guess what I'm saying is, maybe he's not the right person to be helming this ship.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I will say, I've never been one for the "main" X-Men book or books, my current pulls are all either character specific spinoffs (Domino, though I guess now I have to see if Hotshots is the end of the line or if the solo series reemerges from the conclusion of that, Mr. and Mrs. X, X-23, Shatterstar) or a side-book I'm very, very cautiously optimistic about (X-Force, though including the absolute worst possible version of Deathlok isn't winning me over any). I was actually looking forward to Uncanny after that Jay and Miles episode I mentioned but word of mouth on here soured me on picking it up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would ignore that as it isn’t terribly relevant

much like your posting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

haven't Wanda and Pietro's status as mutants ping-ponged more than whether or not they're Magneto's kids

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

rantmo posted:

The only characters I can think of that have had a back and forth about whether or not they are mutants are Cloak and Dagger of all people.

I mean Cloak and Dagger got their powers from magic drugs, I can understand some confusion there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Having re-read it, mostly it's 'Deadpool has a motor-mouth' but he isn't even terribly funny. It honestly feels like Joe Kelly should get more credit for final form Deadpool. I think he was the one who made it implicit Deadpool hates himself. I haven't read the Simone stuff in years so I can't comment, but I've seen her name thrown around as helping DP along too, although I don't think she technically writes Wade that much but that's only because I can't really recall what the twist of Agent X was.

Speaking of 'technically writing the character' it was nice to see Rob shout-out Domino, but was he even on the book when the actual Domino finally showed up? 'Cause when she first appears she's a shape-shifter working with TOLLIVER. (Nicieza being a giant fan of ominous one-word names.)

Nope, and I think the one flashback of Cable's Six Pack days where the real Domino is present was drawn entirely by Mike Mignola so unless there's something I'm missing, you can be incredibly pedantic and say that Rob Liefeld never actually drew Domino :v: