Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Wheat Loaf posted:

Does anyone recommend the early 00s series of Gambit by Nicieza and Yanick Paquette where he gets an arch-enemy called New Son?

I was thinking recently about how much I liked Nicieza's other stuff from around that time, but that's one I've never given a shot.

Potentially controversial opinion: I've never really cared for Gambit.

I really like it, but I'm a huge Gambit fan FYI. It has Nicieza's characteristic dense plotting, but I like the interludes that progress the subplots and break it up. The volumes has an adventurous feel to it that plays up Remy's strengths, and also has some nice little continuity flourishes if you're familiar with big X-events of the time. The tone can go from dark to light smoothly as it plays with comedy villains, scary villains, and some out there concepts, like New Son so it's certainly more than just T'ieves Guild nonsense, though they do come into play.

It's only 25 issues (the final issue is by Lobdell btw, wrapping things up), and features some interesting characters and has strong art for the era. I wouldn't mind seeing some of the characters make an appearance in Mr & Mrs X: Courier and Fontanelle would be particularly interesting for Rogue to meet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2018/10/219-brutal-hearts/

The X-Plain the X-Men special about Emma Frost with Leah Williams and Seanan McGuire is so good. The Emma discussion is amazing and passionate, but my standout moment is @ 1:04:17 "The PTSD Lesbians: Illyana Rasputin, Rachel Grey and Laura Kinney." which is just perfection.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Leah Williams needs to write more X-Men stuff, ASAP. Preferably with Emma Frost and Magik, but I'll take whatever she gives us.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I'm not one of those X-23 fans who hates how she's started speaking more "typically" for a teenager since ANW (even in Marvel Time, she's been around fellow teens for a long time, plus Gabby would be a strong influence!) but I can't get over how bad her lines in response to the Megalodon were.

Also, gotta agree with BrianWilly even while recognising it's dangerous terrain to counter someone's personal belief about liking the X-Men! I've liked and hated Rosenberg's work on various Marvel titles, but, while he is undoubtedly a talented writer, I don't want him anywhere near the X-Men anymore. If you compare Kelly Thompson's work with Rogue & Gambit, and her love for those characters, versus how Rosenberg's "affection" for Havok and Multiple Man* comes out it's night & day in terms of embracing their histories while improving their viability and "stock", for lack of a better term.
Beyond the occasional quality joke that is clearly Kelly Thompson's contribution, I am not really feeling Disassembled at all beyond the art. Pere Perez especially killed it this issue, and that just makes the odd writing of the New X-Men (since Armor has kind of become early New X-Men Surge?) even more disappointing.

*Like Dead Souls, this was, for me, both entertaining and bullshit towards the characters involved, if that makes sense?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Rockslide sure had a time in Disassembled #7:
https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1078041839234678785

:confused:

Dude got choked out by Glob too, apparently because the AoA switch made him have a throat. :confuoot:

I know the answer is because "it's an event" but how is it so disappointing across character and macro levels?

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

howe_sam posted:

Mr and Mrs X is a good comic, really enjoyed today's issue.

It's so good. In case anyone thought Mojo's comment was a throw-away line:

https://twitter.com/nvtegrey/status/1080561158053134336

Also, I am really enjoying the heck out of Shatterstar - it's nailing the action and emotional beats, while still fitting in some deft moments of comedy, plus the flashback art and current art are brilliant contrasts. Big fan of Gringrave too, she's a fun antagonist whom I'd like to see more of.

Finally, is there a word for the feeling you get when your favourite characters emerge unscathed from a crappy event, as is hopefully the case with Pixie, Armor and Rockslide? I am still concerned about a potential "big finish" however, because the phrase "not like this." will come to mind should anyone cool get killed off. I am hugely wary of this Anole development too.
To end on a somewhat positive note regarding Disassembled, a X-Man/Legion mind-gently caress final battle could be cool if they get buckwild with it, but it will have to over come the malaise of the dreadful earlier issues.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

howe_sam posted:

It was interesting, I was listening to a bit of a podcast interview with Kelly Thompson, and without coming out and saying Uncanny was trash, she didn't seem happy with the final product. In her estimation the three writers were more concerned with getting along with each other, and nobody took the lead.

Well, someone bloody took the lead on X-23's dialogue, because that was egregious throughout. Poor Anole too, getting saddled with that clunker of a plot line. We'll see what remains post AoX-Man...

(Thanks for mentioning this though - it feels so far from her comics that I think it's understandable that people are largely excusing KT. Curious as to what podcast it was/what the full quote was if anyone can share?)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Reading through District X and Generation M around House of M and the subsequent X-titles in the Decimation era for the first time, I'm really enjoying the grounding of mutants within society, with actual exploration of the mutant experience (including some intersectionality), which X-Factor Vol. 3 also gets into as I recall, and which of course builds on the previous X-Men foundation. I got into the X-Men with Messiah CompleX, which kicks off an era I'm fond of and got me hooked on the X-Men, and contrasts starkly with the last few years of meandering X-Men stories in terms of a lack of sense of place, which the X-Men pretty much always had, be it Australia or the Mansion, or SF/Utopia.

Reading New X-Men again is also a great experience, though it cemented my X-Men love when I read it years ago. Plus, I'm having fun seeing Pixie's look change so much. Her rainbow wings were a statement!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

That's what I wanted from the start. I like Logan being back, but I would have prefered if Laura just straight up was Wolverine. Being salty with the team leader, drinkin' beer, chewing on cigars, calling people knucklehead and banging everything.

I would personally prefer that if Laura had been given a proper chance to stick as The Wolverine, she'd have been written in character. They did her dirty not giving her a proper chance, but she is a different personality to Logan and I'd hate to have seen that elided.

Now, Gabby acting like Logan... that would be amazing. I hope we one day get her exaggerating Logan to his face.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Mr & Mrs X #8 was another really good issue. I love me some Mojo nonsense, but it's also moving their story forward and has some old-school references to Remy and Gladiator, and even Ricochet Rita, with some fun homages in Mojo's scenarios too.

Shatterstar also ended strongly, having been such a fun miniseries.

NextGen was decent, with great art from To, but my issue is that... Glob just isn't that interesting? That catfishing story in OML and the Advent Calendar story he had were great, and he's good for the occasional "He's ok!" while he's on fire or goes splat, but he's just a shittier, see through Rockslide and he seems to have supplanted the Rockslide & Anole dynamic, and I cannot condone that. There are so many more worthy X-kids crying out for space, and instead... Glob.

Skwirl posted:

I know Laura appeared in a couple issues of Thompson's Hawkeye, but has she ever interacted with any of the rest of the Young Avengers crew? She has to at least know Prodigy, right?

Yeah, in New X-Men Academy X she and Prodigy both feature. Otherwise, I can't think of any links to the Young Avengers, and she wasn't on their text tree.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Heh adult Scott remembers making out with Laura. Anyone else he might have uncomfortable make out memories with?

I'd say that this makes me eagerly anticipate Logan discovering this fact, but he and Cyke are cool enough now to not make it a thing, and the X-Office seem to be really awkward/shifty about what exactly the Logan/Laura connection is from their perspectives. We had the reveal in Adamantium Agenda but it's kinda muddy at this point, as to whether he's still her "dad" or is just that in name only.

It's not like Laura was front and centre in finding Logan, or is in his return thus far, at least not when he had the Infinity Stone, so I guess we'll see how they play it post AoX-M.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Dead Man Logan has been decent so far, but I can't believe how easily Miss Sinister was taken down by Glob and Hawkeye. At least Henderson put a bit of thought into her costume (though she still badly needs a full redesign) but I just can't believe Forge tossing Clint a power dampening collar before he went after her was enough to cover her off-panel capture. She was also undermined repeatedly in the issues preceding this by Sin and Crossbones, to which she just grumbled a bit, and it just annoys me because the only difference between her and Sinister is that she's a woman. Even allowing that she's much less experienced that Nathaniel Essex, she should still be a threat and respected at least, or else why use her?
Emma Frost defeating her during X-Men Blue is fine by me, because Emma Frost is goddamn queen, but Glob and Hawkeye strains credibility for me. I suppose she could have a role to play in the book still, requiring her to be captured rather than escape, but at least have Jubilee or Forge properly involved if that's the case.

Winter's End was great, X-23 finished off a good arc (Olortegui is killing it on art duties after Cabal) and AoX-M continues to be a strong event overall (particularly Prisoner X) if a little bland due to the setting.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Uncanny has also gone for the "pile of mutant corpses" well for S T A K E S, so reset the clock from Extraordinary X-Men. It then barely covered this "revelation" before just dumping the Morlocks out of sight, with Chamber half-arsedly joining the team having dumped Shogo with... Callisto.

It kinda feels like those weird transitional moments when writers took over for short fill-in runs in the late 90s and early 2000s, but that's harsh on those. They didn't make a big deal out of mutant killings/suicide that then received no follow-up or had any real consequence.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I think Age of X-Man has thrown Uncanny X-Men's failings into starker relief: i.e. having the X-Men flagship book have nothing to say while a crop of newer, more diverse writers are right there exploring the concept of being a Mutant from multiple angles within an AU setting.
That, and the two preceding utterly uninspired Flagship X-Men volumes.

Archyduchess posted:

I'm struck by how the only PoC on the Uncanny team have been turned into de-humanized cyber-monsters. And like-- I don't think he's doing this out of explicitly racist motives, I think it's just a testament to how half-assed and poorly-conceived this run is that this decision slid by without editorial going like, uh, maybe not.

I'm usually not a stickler about typos and stuff but even just dialogue bubbles like "We don't need their cops and we don't their cops and we don't need you pretending to be ours" speak to a book that nobody involved really seems to believe in or take pride in. That would be awful, stilted dialogue even if it was lettered correctly!

As Archyduchess notes, no one seems to particularly care about Uncanny, leading to the awkward marginalisation of the few PoC characters (notably an issue in Dead Souls too) in the book, and X-Force has been very "stock" so far as well.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

To me, my Hickmen!

What a great promo image - I have so many questions!

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Just following on from the above, I also want to say how touching X-Tremists #2 was? In the same issue that has Jubilee being rightly excoriated for her complicity by a captive pregnant lady? (Also, Moneta is a monster and it's amazing, while Northstar is everything in this.)

That was some feat from the creative team, and that final page was hot as hell, which is just kinda unbelievable to me because Blobsy was never something I knew I wanted to see*.

*Good thread here from Leah Williams about why she chose not to fully explore Psylocke's bisexuality in an AU:
https://twitter.com/mymonsterischic/status/1110133415926525953

Also, Mr & Mrs X #9 was fantastic. It was such a common sense explanation for Rogue that really reframes her powers and makes her have a much stronger foundation going forward, without just blitzing past her issues to allow for flexibility down the line. This issue had an excellent use of her history, and Remy doing some solo t'ievin' was also hella sexy. Big fan of Spiral just snarking at them both throughout too.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Some Uncanny #17 stuff:

https://www.comicsbeat.com/uncanny-x-men-17-trans-panic-murder/

https://twitter.com/NotLasers/status/1124032036749172736

https://twitter.com/AshcanPress/status/1124065856294739970

Also, something wild from earlier this week, in the X-Men Monday that probably relates to Rahne's secondary mutation: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...or-kevin-feige/

quote:

AiPT!: I’m curious, does the X-Office have a running list of dangling plot lines or mysteries that you inherited and have the power to resolve or ignore as Senior Editor? Fans can’t be the only ones tracking these things!

Jordan: No, there is no document or spreadsheet of plot lines… we just keep it in our heads, mostly. That’s one of the reasons a book can benefit from having one editor over a long period of time, as the creative team changes, the editor can keep things as steady as possible regarding characters and ongoing plot concerns. Sometimes when there are editorial changes on a book, those things can fall between the cracks as they are mostly only protected by the force of our will.

I mean... there's no excuse for this in any Editorial office, right? Just a simple notepad document listing the arc and the plot point wouldn't take long to set up and maintain.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

At this point I'm just hoping the big reveal in UXM is some big reset button like Impossible Man or that Harry's Hideaway had a gas leak and they went on the strangest group trip. (The fire was real, but they'd all wondered outside by then because Illyana "teleported" them by them all holding hands in a line and walking out singing.)

At least my fear of Emma Frost being done dirty is placated by Hickman clearly having plans for her and the fact that this run will almost certainly be forgotten immediately.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...d-cool-cyclops/ - very serious Hickman interview.

Big fan of the Gillen Sinister and Emma Frost shoutouts - plus, Roberto and Sam. :hellyeah:

While I'm not sold on Jean wearing the 60s dress and mask, since it's so much more dated than the version in Age of X-Man, the idea of the X-Men just wearing their old uniforms as their wardrobe is pretty fantastic.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Its friday and Jean only has one clean outfit left

Jean definitely does her laundry in timely fashion to avoid scenarios such as this. However, I will accept that Rachel has stolen her clothes and not returned them due to being mind-controlled (again).

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...man-x-tremists/

This is a really interesting interview with Leah Williams that goes into Betsy's body issues, AoX-M Blob, and has a great Emma Frost Q/A at the end.

I really liked X-23 #12, wrapping up a series that did a lot with Gabby and Laura's relationship. Here for X-Turkeys and an X-Cow, and Glob's got his AU chickens. (Olortegui's art rules too.)

Archyduchess posted:

I thought X-Tremists was actually really beautiful this week. I like Leah Williams a lot when she's doing more intimate character studies like this and What If?: Magik, less so the jokey stuff like Giant Men although I liked that too. Today's issue really got to me though, especially back to back with a particularly cruel issue of A Walk Through Hell. She gets the horror of Age of X-Man's high-concept in a way nobody else seems to, and is really leveraging it as a way of giving attention and thought to characters that have been one-note or neglected for too long.

:hmmyes:

(The ending of Giant-Man #2 though...)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

I'm not entirely sure I understand what happened in the last pages of Nightcrawler #4. Someone spoiler it for me, please.

Meggan's empathic abilities made her go all Mystique due to Kurt's need for connection being less sexual/romantic and more familial (hence his rejection of the club).
She went and found his daughter and got him to her, though she did it in weird Mystique fashion due to shifting between Meggan and Raven when she wasn't near Kurt when he was having a sad.
Despite Celeste's objections, the Stepford Cuckoos got everyone together to mindwipe Kurt & Meggan again, because this has happened before repeatedly.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

JDW being a big fan of Schism is always going to be bizarre to me: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/06/03/x-men-monday-featuring-jordan-d-white-14-x-events/

Though I love the post-HoM X-Men era to Schism, I do see where he's coming from re: No More Mutants. He whiffed hard on the anti-Mutant aspect though - it's not a numbers/threshold thing?

quote:

To me, having mutantkind reduced to 198 people means they are not a minority anymore, they are a statistical zero. Hating and fearing mutants goes from being small-minded to nonsensical–you will never meet one, there are less than 200 in the world. It would be like hating left-handed people from Europe with the middle name Stefan–there are probably a few out there, but wasting your time thinking about them is silly.

:confused:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

He's right, though.

Keeping this solely about Mutants: I disagree that people would just suddenly stop caring about Mutants just because there's suddenly way less of them. You have the whole thing with the Purifiers striking precisely because they view it as a sign from God that their second chance to end the Mutant menace is here. I'm not looking at the Sapien League and thinking "this is so unbelievable", Marvel universe Youtube and Social Media must be a nightmare.

Just to cover all bases, Schism was shite. :)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

X-O posted:

When he's saying there wouldn't really be much fear and hatred anymore he's clearly talking the general populace, not groups like the Purifiers.

Oh, I see what you mean. I still don't agree though, because there are so many examples of people who are tiny minorities in specific areas who still get inordinate amounts of hate. To hopefully pick an example that isn't uncouth to discuss in this manner, anti-Semitism is sadly prevalent, and there aren't that many Jews worldwide. .

For people with super powers - ignoring the weirdness of Mutants versus other powered people - I absolutely don't see the populace suddenly going "cool, I can stop having that irrational fear now".

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

I just can't get over how O*N*E amble in to the Hellfire Club with no sign of any resistance or warning being given. I dunno if they're going for a reference, but Fitzroy at least teleported the Sentinels in.

Continuing the utter lack of care, I enjoyed how Marrow suddenly switches to her post Shi'Ar healing tank look for the last two pages with the artist change. The art was pretty good in this at least though!*

When you compare how Mutant oppression is portrayed in Uncanny versus Prisoner X #4 this week, it's just night and day in terms of nuance, intrigue and excitement. Poor Anole and Emma. :argh:

*Emma's two black dresses were fabulous, props to the artists for them. :allears:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Just as a minor addendum to the prior discussion, Rosenberg's run being in 2018/19 is another factor against it compared to Austen for me, because it's so sloppy, clumsy and insensitive that it reflects poorly on the X-office as a whole.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Mr & Mrs X #12 was such a great finale, including nods to their pasts before and during KT's run, while also including some legit action scenes, particularly for Remy, and a really smooth set up for their future together. With their shared cats. :3:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I need to check out the rest of the Age of X-Man books, I've only read X-Tremists but I dug it immensely.

How was the Nightcrawler book?

I really enjoyed it as it gets Kurt and uses him well in the setting for the story. It also has Meggan being Romani and a bunch of New X-Men and Excalibur characters also feature in supporting roles.

Prisoner X is also really, really good. The final splash page from #5 was a perfect blend of writing and art.

Also, holy crap, Uncanny X-Men somehow keeps crapping itself harder and harder. #21 was just astoundingly awful, and it's so funny that I read it before Immortal Hulk, which just gets better and better. Talk about polar opposites.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/2019/07/15/x-men-monday-featuring-the-uncanny-x-men-writing-team-20-uncanny-x-men-x-it-interview/

quote:

AiPT!: Obviously, a lot of mutants have fallen in the line of duty throughout this Uncanny run. Jake (@JDChen0804) wanted to know how it was decided who on the team would perish.

Matthew: Well, the story’s not quite over, so I can’t give everything away. But going in the idea was that most of the X-Men won’t make it out. We’re taking them to one of the lowest spots they’ve ever been, and when you’re the X-Men that is real low. For the X-Men, and most ongoing superhero stories, it’s about peaks and valleys. We take them to the edge of destruction and see them come out the other side as something stronger hopefully. It’s a painful process for sure, it’s been painful to write, but I think when people see the bigger framework of what we did and where things are going in the coming years, I think a lot of the choices we made will make even more sense.

Narrator: They won't.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Android Blues posted:

Pretty crummy that Emma's big move to become the Black King (in that super good Williams oneshot!) ended in her becoming a patsy for O.N.E., doing a bunch of evil stuff she didn't even want to do, and then having her big plan to make it all worth it fizzle out into nothing immediately after it was enacted.

Jean coming in - a telepath who would surely sense that Scott's brother just exploded like a Spinal Tap drummer - and snogging Scott in front of Emma and Logan was truly icing on the turd sandwich. After Scott & Logan repeatedly told Emma Frost to "shut up" and then the X-Men rejected her plan at the end after all this buildup we get a weird payoff(?) to Phoenix Resurrection, that badly didn't fit the issue tonally.

Rosenberg left so many plot points loose or undeveloped, and frequently Uncanny was just a mess to try and parse what was going on. Larroca might not be my favourite artist, but he seemed to have no idea how to translate the script to the page, and the deaths just did not land at all.

Austen's run was ridiculous, but I'd take "weirdly horny but no idea what to do" over Rosenberg's flailing, mischaracterised brutality any day, and Guggenheim must be thrilled that Gold got "beaten" straight afterwards too. I really need to see some exciting creative teams on Saturday, because this period leading up to Hickman has been brutal in terms of "flagship" X-Men.

Age of X-Man Omega was decent as a wrap-up that concluded the events themes well, and X-Force, while never coming close to the best X-Force work, ended on a high at least. I really liked Domino: Hotshots too.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

It's finally time for Hickman to craft the definitive tale of the Nasty Boyz.

:hai:

Hell, I'd honestly be interested in seeing him take a crack at sorting out The Upstarts too.

But I definitely want more Hickman Sinister. And Sinister Hickman.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The climactic reveal of the villainous organisation's plan, the X-Men despairing/broken, and then...

Rockslide and Anole, from the smoke. Wearing moustaches.

[Under a hockey mask, in Rockslide's case.]

The moustaches are the Powers of X. All the Mutants then get moustaches. And fight crime.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The art on House of X #2 worked so well to sell it all and heck yeah @ this moment:

https://twitter.com/JHickman/status/1159184564507553792

(Hickman is such a good Twitter follow.)

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

https://xplainthexmen.tumblr.com/post/187686492411/cashewnoodle-sometimes-you-gotta-just-lift-em

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

There's still a big leap from this point to the various Dawn of X titles*, so I'm fascinated by/terrified of what's to come in the final 3 issues. :ohdear:

I love The Five though. That's ingenious.

EDIT: *Fallen Angels makes sense if they're rejecting clones, which was a big part of X-23's latest run.

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Sep 18, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

It's cool we got the premise of the upcoming X-Force comic.

Oh duh, I forgot to mention this. Xavier's big plan that involves Emma could be the Hellfire Trading Club too, and we had the infographic about countries refusing trade deals and being assumed hostile.

FilthyImp posted:

I'm wondering if Xavier's talk with Emma Frost about the cost of influencing minds and how the subtle push leaves something behind can explain the weird culty poo poo

Something is definitely up, because Jean in space was definitely not firing on all cylinders.

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Sep 18, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

Content warning: discussion of suicide in relation to the Krakoa cloning process and Mutants being transgender.

I can't look at the issue right now and I can't remember the detailed specifics on the info page enough for me to say anything definitive, but I am thinking that the cloning process could potentially explore some fascinating themes of identity, gender & sexuality with the resurrections and any potential modifications of the process.

Would/should a Mutant choose to "die" and, say, change their gender or regain a lost limb? Would assisted suicide be ok in this instance, or does the "bandwidth" of the resurrections of the dead take precedence over the living?
Regardless of a soul, can one retain a sense of self in a (re)grown body? The repercussions of repeated resurrections are currently unknown I believe, and the Marauders became distant as I recall, at least in instances.
To what extent is Xavier messing with them? Again, Jean is the prime example here.

(I hope that this isn't disrespectful thinking from a cisgender person re: suicide as I'm looking at it in the Krakoan context, but recognise the real-world incidences. Please do let me know if this is insensitive and I will remove it ASAP.)

Metalshark fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Sep 19, 2019

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

https://www.comicsbeat.com/powers-of-x-5-dawn-of-x-spoilers/ - full council spoilers here, from a digital press copy of PoX #5 that deliberately/accidentally revealed it.

CubanMissile posted:

It's hilariously short sighted that Emma still cares about money and contracts with this new society. Forge by himself could just go out tomorrow and start a telco named Forge Wireless that offers 100 Gb symmetrical wireless internet that covers the planet and be rich enough within a year to make every mutant on the island a millionaire if he wanted to.

Emma Frost cares about being put on an equal platform with the people she is going into partnership with, via a demonstrable show of good faith/trust. :colbert: And she's a goddamn Queen. Doing it all for the children! :allears:

The Forge and Emma scenes in this were amazing, and Kirbons is pure :3: Marauders really seems like it's gonna be huge. Hope Duggan can come close to Hickman's Emma though, because she is incredible. Loved loved loved how Silva drew her suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

AceOfFlames posted:

Cyclops got hosed yet again. Of course.

Seriously, why does everyone hate Cyclops so much?

Maybe he just didn't want the role after Utopia? Or couldn't fulfil it properly due to him being elsewhere doing something that's also important?

Fritzler posted:

Has Kitty ever gone by Kate Pyride in mainline continuity? The name just makes me think of DOFP (and probably other alternate realities).

I think it's definitely 616 Kitty, but she's probably been snarked at by Emma to use a "proper" name for Hellfire business. Or she did it to spite Emma, after her PA already had Kitty's business cards and stationery made up for her.