Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

wielder posted:

It's not meant to be in continuity, but the idea of retooling X-men history in a more coherent way is not bad.

I guess? Just trying to say that this two issue project that had no major hype from Marvel (seriously, not even a single push from their marketing to get retailers to carry it) is the new X-Men history kind of feels silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are most streamline attempts actually canon.

They usually begin that way. Man of Steel, Superman Birthright and Spider-man Chapter One for example.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Phoenix Force is such a dick.

yeah let's just leave Scott's rotting corpse there

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Gambit and Rogue are gonna go down in comics history as one of the most well known romances, mostly because of the Animated series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Endless Mike posted:

What about Wolverine and Morph

I said "one of" not "the most" which is what I would have said if I was talking about those guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It really is wonderful so clearly Marvel is going to cancel it and shove all the progress Laura has gotten into the bin.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I had forgotten grown up Molly Hayes was a villain.

I wish I could forget all of that. The future Brotherhood was just terrible.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

twistedmentat posted:

I liked how Future Deadpool was just kind of killed by falling.

That reminds me how I was thinking about the X-men Bendis created for that book, they've basically vanished. I was hoping at least Tempest would show up in the background.

GOLDBALLS

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Storm had a solo series awhile ago, was it any good?

It wasn't bad or anything, it was just sort of there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just can't get over how happy I am that Gabby's hero name is Honey Badger.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nevvy Z posted:

Whoa who is the second storm?

Bloodstorm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Utopia was recognized as the mutant nation at one point and Cyclops addressed a non-UN assembly of nations in the Schism event.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Agreed, art was great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Let's be real, we all knew this was happening the moment they brought Logan back.

Gabby probably doesn't make it out of the current bool alive because we don't deserve fun and joy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I want to know what happened to the scrapped X-Factor, X-Force and Excalibur books they showed us at the retailer summit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Remember the Astonishing cover with the blacked out team? The three covers were the same, just one visible team member on each cover. Cable on X-Force, Havok on X-Factor and Captain Britain on Excal. No interior art or creators announced, just three teasers.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

Well maybe they're somewhere down the line since Havok is still bad in X-Men Blue.

We figured since he was inverted that X-Factor was gonna be bad guys.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So no more multiples of the same X-Men probably.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If we're luck they'll just merge/overwrite each other so we can get rid of Dick Beast.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

bengraven posted:

New shirt.

I was like "well that's cute" until I got down to the SUGAH part and then I genuinely liked it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hope and vaseline posted:

Yes please put Land and Rosenberg together on a book I stopped reading so I can ignore their existence

This.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

Bring back Dazzler Thor.

I'm still annoyed that Dazzler didn't pick up that hammer.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BrianWilly posted:

Is it just me or is the whole approach of "let's shuffle the 100+ characters from the X-universe around willy nilly onto like five books with different colors and adjectives on the title once and a while and call it reinvigorating the franchise" approach to these series not really working anymore?

They've been doing the same with the Avengers. DC is doing it with the Justice League.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Kurt was with Xavier in heaven.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Metalshark posted:

Stop trying to make Post-Credits scenes in comics happen, Marvel: https://news.marvel.com/comics/88824/exterminate-the-past-eliminate-the-future/

Not really feeling Extermination based on Brisson and yet another dystopian future X-struggle storyline either. All-New Wolverine's nigh-utopian future in the final arc has been such a fun change of pace.

It's such a stupid concept. Marvel needs new people in their marketing department.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Marvel's comic "post credit scenes" are just a page at the end of the book. It's dumb.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Android Blues posted:

It's pretty wild that "that one time Storm was Thor once briefly in the 80s" is being called back up now.

It's been called up and referenced like 12 times since then.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
John Byrne brought in Herakles in his WW run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wanderer posted:

Isn't there a thing where DC's Hercules is a son of a bitch more in keeping with the original mythology, whereas Marvel's Hercules is mostly a lovable dope?

Pretty much. I think DC's version is still spell Herakles though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pubic works project posted:

You are correct sir!

Has he even been used of late? I can't really think of anything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So not the same Herk John Byrne used back in the day. Which was terrible, nobody read Byrne's WW.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

I like his art on X-Men, but I've never read anything he wrote.

Once upon a time I loved his work but man, finding out what kind of man he was really soured me. That said, I do still own the DC collections of his post COIE run.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

davebo posted:

I've still got a bunch of his She-Hulk issues, all of Next Men. I remember getting on AOL in like 1993 and he did some Q&A chat and thinking it was so cool that I got to ask a famous person a question.

Thos AOL years were great. Especially when a bunch of people made screen names lampooning his JohnLByrne account.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yes and I believe he was asked about it and went on a classic Byrne rant over it as well.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Byrne once boasted that he stood up to Shooter in defence of Alex Saviuk in the middle of the office and the entire bullpen applauded.

He's also argued extensively that he should be allowed to use the N-word. Since you know, black people use it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gynovore posted:

To be called "Champagne", it must be manufactured not merely in France, but in the Champagne region. Anything else is 'sparkling wine'.

Where did we get the idea that Emma is Jewish anyway? She's as WASP-y as they come.

As for Kitty, I think it was said back in the 80's that she wasn't kosher, not sure though.

No, people are saying that Emma is the one who sent it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
They are lasers and cyclops did 9/11

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The worst thing Claremont ever did was when he came back to the X-Men and created the Neo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's one at the new barcade here, the multi monitor version. I'll snap a pic if we go tomorrow as it is indeed glorious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Haha you guys wanna hear about the time I bought a collection for work at the swimsuit specials were clearly well loved by the previous owner?