Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have the head spinning Jason 2 kill as a GIF? That one where he spins the head around till it pops off? That one was my favorite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I love Jason's rage mode, nothing like bursting through a door like the kool-aid man.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

:psyduck: The more I hear about Evolve's launch, the more it baffles me. Its amazing how they had a great concept for a game and completely loving blew it.

The game had one of the scummiest DLC practices ever.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

If you ever get yourself into a situation where an actual rape demon has you, it's time for some tough questions.
  • Given that you are in the apocalypse/hell/demonic portal overrun space station, is it worth resisting the rape demon?
  • Is the rape demon even the worst demon around? Perhaps you should count yourself lucky.
  • Are they recruiting new rape demons? It never hurts to express interest.
  • What motivates the rape demon? Is it just pure rape, or dos he/she want you to suffer? Perhaps you could use this information to improve the experience.

Well I dunno, I mean can I recruit the demon baby to help me? It is mine after all.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Having a Jason talk like Mickey Mouse was one of the funniest experiences I've ever had.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Queering Wheel posted:

I'm gonna work on my Bane voice for Jason rounds.

*counselor flees outside through a window*

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally..."

Dont forget your CIA as well for when you hurl someone out a window.

"He didn't fly so good"

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
You gotta make your own fun in DBD after a certain point.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Scalding Coffee posted:

It is going to be very boring if everyone uses mics to work against Jason. Takes the mystery/horror element out of the game.

Just enjoy the game while its new before it inevitably turns into Dead by Daylight and everyone figures the "meta" and best way to clown on Jason.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Console ver poised for friday for the guy that asked.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Interesting, perks are random, you roll for them and they fall into categories, they also have negative traits which is nice.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The shift into dodge is some massive bullshit and for all intents invalidates the defense mechanics, you can also just mash the buttons to kill someone as soon as you grab them as well. I'd tweak the poo poo out of that but the game is fun otherwise, I also like that you can get xp from private matches, hit level 7 yesterday from just dicking around with a friend.

Been having server issues to, crazy high ping.

Alteisen fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 26, 2017

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Stealth PSA, it takes your composure into account as well, say you're sneaking in a cabin as AJ and everything is fine, odds are Jason won't spot you even if he's around and uses sense, now say you are in a cabin sneaking and you find a corpse, then he can see you because of the composure hit, Jenny is actually quite good for that as she has 6/10 stealth and 10/10 composure, keep your flashlight on ALWAYS as not having it on affects composure, if you're outside and Jason's around just aim it at a wall.

I gotta admit I'm not the biggest fan of stat stuff as some counselors being near you can e actively detrimental like Vanessa or Chad, I hope this game doesn't turn into a min max sperg fest.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

chitoryu12 posted:

Played my first few rounds as counselor. How do you stop it from randomly picking one for you? I wanted to main Jenny but keep getting a random selection, and I ended up with Vanessa last time.

It didn't go too badly, though. I ended up the last one alive, shooting Jason in the face with a flare gun twice. The second time I heard him busting down the door, so I waited on the other side of the room for him to break open so I could shoot him and dive through the window. I managed to pick up a shotgun right before he got me.

I survived once when we managed to call the cops early in the round. I picked up the shotgun at the very beginning and was out of stamina running uphill, as a Vanessa was waiting for me at the top to try and catch up with her because she wouldn't stop loving sprinting ahead of me. I spun around and fired while screaming and blasted him in the face, and that was enough to help us run. We ended up hopping between cabins and through windows until all but one of us escaped.

Click on the ? symbol to pick your counselor or Jason in lobby, otherwise you do it in the main menu.

And yea lone wolf is viable, there's even a perk for it that raises your composure when nobody is near you, only bad thing is that if Jason gets you, you're hosed.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If there's one thing this game should borrow from Dead by Daylight is letting me go to another game on death, if I die instantly I should not have to sit with my thumb up my rear end for 20 minutes otherwise I miss on 500xp.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If you find the broken phone box the fuse is always in the house attached to it as is a phone.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well I've always found the fuse and the phone in the same house the 10 times I've done it. :shrug:

Something something ma ma ma

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Wren610 posted:

Steam reviews are dropping like a stone 4 hours ago it was at 85% mostly positive now its at 69% mixed.

Yea and most of them are people whining about the broken servers or that the game doesn't run on their toasters.

Steam reviews is a cesspit.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I don't use a mic and I take everything I find including the car keys. :smug:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

1stGear posted:

I hope you appreciate the car that I singlehandedly repaired before getting gutted while you were jacking off in a corner you gently caress

Jokes on you, he usually kills me first

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The bird fountain kill. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I wish the servers where better, fighting back is hard hell for me cause of it. :negative:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Why does Jarvis of all people freak out at corpses

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Axetrain posted:

I hate to say this but I have been having way more success with speed/stam characters like Vanessa than stealth type characters. You make a racket but if Jason detects you then you actually stand a chance of getting away, where AJ seems pretty well hosed if Jason finds you. You have stealth but the house you're in still lights up like a Christmas tree so it's kind of only useful for skulking it through the woods. I think it's just hard for me to tell exactly how much composure and stealth actually reduce how detectable I am where running faster for longer is a very real and immediately understood useful advantage. Even if Jason wants to focus on me Vanessa can at least play cabin roulette with him for a long while and waste alot of his time before getting killed, doubly so if you luck into a pocket knife and or flare gun.

Yea I'm starting to notice this too, especially unless I just slowly walk everywhere Jason will see me anyway.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea if you see tinfoil and have a shotgun, blow his rear end away.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

...! posted:

You know what's awesome? Being in the customization screen and then being suddenly yanked back out of it with a Database Login Failure. I'm not even in a game! Let me customize my poo poo!

Would have crashed your game anyway.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Donnerberg posted:

This game has the most 80s credits song (probably because it is from the 80s), and I love it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D92DFHSChaM

The entire soundtrack is 80's as gently caress.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDh65khi8f4

They loving killed it, its honestly the biggest reason I like the game despite its jankyness, you can tell that people that made it loved the source material.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Snatch Duster posted:

Yea, I remember some QA saying they tried to get rights for Jason X but weren't allowed or something.

I think its because a different studio owns it, New Line Cinema if I'm not mistaken, hence why it was called Jason X and not Friday the 13th.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Someone suggested increasing the number of counselors by one and having Pamela as a playable killer as well.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh poo poo you can kill someone with the white chair in packnack.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I just got stuck in a game where Jason refused to kill his 2 counselor friends and I was stuck for 10 minutes watching them repair stuff and heal in order to presumably level up. loving pubbies.

Which is dumb cause they could do this in private matches.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Yea some perks are councilor specific..

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Unbalanced posted:

The axe throw kill :stare:

Don't look it up if you haven't seen it, just let it happen naturally.

Yea that kill is wicked.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Throwing knife tips: They have real physics to them and will start to angle down after a period of flight, if you want to hit counselors at a distance you need to aim above them, I've been sniping the gently caress out of people with them and its hilarious, its even funnier with stalk because people see the knife sticking out of them and have no clue what the gently caress is happening, one time they started blaming the guy next to them telling them to be more careful. :newlol:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

s.i.r.e. posted:

You can see Jason underwater, he shows up as a dim red light but it's hard to see. At full tilt I believe the boat outruns most Jasons in the water though.

Not the Jason 7 one, he's jaws in the water pretty much. If you fix a boat and its the Jason 7 one, you're already dead.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I dont like being tossed through an open window and dying, it looks so dumb, if its broken sure.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Mr E posted:

Should I get this game on PS4 or PC? I wasn't sure the differences between communities or if hacking was something to worry about on this.

I have seen one hacker so far in my PC time but both games have active communities, up to you really.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

weekly font posted:

Anyone want to give some protips on playing AJ? I've got stealth perks on her and still get murdered from anywhere on the map. I do not believe stealth works in this game.

When you're jogging, look at your map, you'll notice an expanding bubble as you move around, that's the noise you make and the blips Jason sees, in the case of AJ heres fill out the slowest but never the less still fill out, compared to a 1/10 character in stealth and even walking for them makes noise.

Basically no matter what you'll get heard, stealth works to a point but no more beyond that.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Republicans posted:

The more I play Jason the more unfair it feels that I know where the fusebox is. Is it possible to trigger Jason's traps without hurting yourself?

Yea, fixing anything is a warp just like entering the car so provided you can see the prompt to fix the fuse box, you can fix it and bypass the trap or just disarm it with a pocket knife

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Just saw a streamer murder a cheater hiding under a bridge, seems to be an area Jason can't get to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://clips.twitch.tv/EphemeralDifferentBibimbapSMOrc

Found the highlight, not sure where that is.

• Locked thread