Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
As much as I want to main Jason and only Jason I'll still be getting this day one.

In work so can't get on Twitter, but Jay Bauman from RLM made a spot on tweet about it being crazy that this fan game is treating the franchise with more love and respect than Hollywood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

FunkMonkey posted:

Nearly everyone would want to just be Jason. The random selection is the smart decision and I'm glad it's in the game.

Yeah i totally get it too. Though I did envision different lobbies. Join lobby one to be assigned as a Jason to anyone who joins the counselor lobby two kinda thing.

I'm wondering what leveling up Jason is going to be like if you only play him every eight game or so too. I didn't play the Beta but wasn't it you start as Jason from 3 until you level up then you can play as 4 then 7? Is that the same with the full release, does anyone know?

Here's hoping for a "Roy" update.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
When calling the cops they also send out a paramedic hearse. Next person to die respawns as Roy from V and can try and rack up some kills of his own before the real Jason guts him.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
No crispin Glover dance? :murder:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
When can i pre-order for the X-Box and do I get the Savini skin?

I REALLY hope we get a Jason X skin at some point. Not even Uber-Jason, just the pig-mask Jason. I love that mask.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plums. I was looking for it through the XBox marketplace thing.

no harm no foul. I'll probably just be rocking the skin from 3 anyway. :murder:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Coolguye posted:

yeah it's a shame but i envision myself enjoying counselor a lot more anyway so i'm not exactly broken up about it

Can I be your Jason :allears:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Pre-Zombification it just took an ABSURD amount of punishment to bring the big guy down. Like, spanning 3 films worth of punishment to make it permanent. Then after that the only consistent way has to been to incapacitate him. Either via chaining him in the lake or freezing the dude.

So I can only imagine it'd be something to do with hijacking him in the water. But then the gameplay balance doesn't really work out, because as Jason you'd know when someone was trying to trap you out there. I don't know. But it's fun to speculate.

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

My theory is that it actually cannot be done, and it's just something the devs threw out there to get people to do stupid horror-movie heroics and get killed.

Or this... Which in itself is brilliant.

We don't talk about toxic waste making him a baby or people eating his heart. :colbert:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
He killed my will to live. that's true.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I hope I'll be ok playing without a mic. I have a incomprehensible accent and trying to communicate with anyone who isn't Scouse is nigh impossible.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Hahahaha. I can't wait.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm slowly coming around to the fact I'll be playing as a counselor too. So long as there's a Jason I'm happy. :unsmith:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I'm going to book a half day holiday for Friday if I can. Hahaha.
A middle aged man. Taking time off work. To play a video game.

Well worth it. :murder:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I know the various Jason's get unique kills, but does Part 6 Jason have a kill where he snaps someone in half?

Likewise punching someone's head clean off and into a dumpster should be unique to Part 8 Jason.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Plus the upcoming single player mode.

edit: I'd kill for a Jason X map. <3 that pig-mask.

Oh and instead of calling in Tommy Jarvis you call in David Chronenberg who has zero attributes and a button dedicated to mocking the other players.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Jason X is wonderful comedy shlock. Part 6 is pitch perfect with it though. The franchise is too stupid as a concept to begin with to be outright horror so there should always be an element of humour to them. People may argue that X went too far, but I think it stops just before crossing the line into outright (lovely) parody.

I used to chat with Todd Farmer on the old Friday the 13th message boards too. Nice bloke.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
If anyone is playing on Xbox my id is lennylasher but I don't have a mic and I'm usually drunk... Which would suit the game if I'm a counselor.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Carebearz posted:

You should score the cheapo xbone mic, using the in game voice chat will make things better imho. Imagine being that one counselor with lovely luck that never finds a walkie-talkie and Jason Isolates you

There's one here for 20 quid. yeah, might pony up for that tomorrow.

edit: God, that reddit thread!

I was browsing the Dev teams twitter too and people are so loving awful. How do you live your life being that miserable and bitter and vitriolic?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Is there any reason why he started melting? I never figured that out

It was a holdover from part 8 when he was drowned in the "toxic waste" that floods the sewers of New York every night at midnight.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
poo poo, the physical copies aren't in stores, are they? The Xbox marketplace has screwed with no known fix time.

Got half a days holiday too. I figure I'll just go and get drunk instead.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

...! posted:

What determines what CP you get?

You get CP every time you level up, as opposed to the points you earn during a match. But ipso-facto the more points the quicker you level and yadda-yadda-yadda.

We were also messing around and experimenting with killing Jason while the servers were messing up and nothing was being logged. Doing that legit in a match is going to take some doing though. Even with four of us all in party chat it was a chore.

Unless you can you use the sweater more than once?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
So people spamming attacks on Jason as Jarvis goes in for the kill ruins it, huh? That's good, means it has to be highly co-ordinated. No way pubbies could pull that off.

I have one complaint about the game. One HUGE complaint... And it isn't the fact they spelt Voorhees wrong in the "cooking with jason" achievement card.

When you kill Jason...Tommy really should have put the mask on and went a bit mad again in homage to part 4/5 and just hacked Jason to bits. preferably with jason slowly sliding down the machete stuck in the side of his head too.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Don't judge, but I was browsing 4chan and came across this great Chad story.

Dude over there was up against a team who called the cops in almost immediately. He finds all 7 players crowded around one of the exits and every one of them is a Chad. The Jason think it'll be easy pickings... Until all the Chad's attack and spend the rest of the match bullying Jason. Knocking him down, stunning him when he gets up.

Just stay down, you poor nerd. :chad:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

DLC Inc posted:

Longest matches so far were one where I hid in a tent for 7 mins and survived, Jason not knowing where the gently caress I was ( a campground far away from houses) and another match where as Jason it took me forever to find the cabin where someone was in a closet.

I'd ordered some food in and it arrived way earlier than I thought, so I dove into the first tent I saw (as Chad) at the start of the round and ate my grub during the match. Right at the end Jason finds me and pulls me out in my sleeping bag and just as he goes to swing me... <YOU SURVIVED>

That guy must have been FUMING. And if it was any of you, I apologise... But Chad doesn't.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Still kinda annoyed about the console versions being buggy as hell. Dropping games, etc but still having a lot of fun and always roleplaying Jason as close as I can to his iteration. Part 8 only does the head punch off kill, for instance. Never dodge shotguns either. You TANK it. Jason doesn't serpentine!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
There was a beautiful half day on Sunday where the quickmatch feature was working and every lobby I entered I ended up as Jason.

Then I unlocked part 8, the quickmatches stopped again and every lobby I joined the host would elect themselves Jason.

Got a few rounds in at part 8 though. Wasn't expecting to like him, but he's pretty good and deserved a better movie.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Lurdiak posted:

I could be getting my bad movies confused but isn't the remake the one where the money shot of the boobs are very obviously not real breasts and just some kinda prop?

There's a scene in X where we cut to a pair of boobs, but the nipples fall off. It's the stoner dude trying to turn the android into a sex-bot.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Despite the bugs and failure to launch the Devs seem real passionate and I get the feeling the wanted to reahc those goals themselves... So I have a gut feeling me'll probably see them all at some point.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

And unbork Jason 7 and 8 or fix the running regen on Vanessa.

I ONLY just figured this out, so maybe others missed it as well, but you can "sprint" with the slow Jasons the way you can with parts 2 and 3.

Ok, sprint is a strong word... But the power walk and since finding that out I've had no problems chasing people down. I've stopped shift/grabbing entirely because it's entirely valid to wear them down AND keep pace once they're tired/scared enough.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
I believe them being alone also causes fear to creep. So if you keep up the murdering, eventually they'll show up.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Dude in GBS said he spams the Stelio Kontos music when he plays Counter Strike.

I'm stealing that for when I play as Jason.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
What gets me is people moaning that they die too fast and have to sit there watching other people for 20 minutes when I've escaped as a counsellor real fast a few times and... Do they complain then as well?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Is that Xbox patch live and active in the UK? I'm hearing contradicting reports.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Wait, the propeller isn't a desk only spawn? :psyduck:

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Well i look forward to getting drowned more often then.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Savini Jason looks cool but it's not like he has extra, special powers. I think there's other Jasons who do what he can do slightly better.

I heard this with the Payday 2 DLC as well. The whole "PAY TO WIN" moaning thing where it clearly isn't. I think people get stuck in an echo chamber sometimes and just never listen. I was arguing the Payday 2 thing with my real life friend for near enough an hour when it finally came to light he didn't even know Payday 2 was a co-op game. He'd thought it was PvP and was pissed that you could "buy" a rocket launcher.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Burkion posted:

Freddy VS Jason Jason is coal black for some reason

They wanted him to look like a water-bloated corpse and apparently corpses that have been underwater for a long-rear end time go black.

Whether they ever go back is another question, though.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Burkion posted:

I really loving love Jason X's design. He's got probably my favorite hockey mask just for how weird and square it is.

The pig mask is easily my favourite mask and Jason looks great in X with the ragged straight jacket/chains and everything. Obviously Uber-Jason is fun too, but we better get both versions is all I'm saying.

2 unique machetes too!

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Eat the pocket knife.
Eat the shotgun blast.
Eat the flare.

You're Jason! Start acting like it. :mad::murder:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The Devs are hinting that Pamela is in the works for this upcoming Friday the 13th.

You know what? I'd be happy enough if she was just as immortal and effectively another Jason. Same with Roy from part 5. It might not "make sense" but whatever.

• Locked thread