Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Man, this game seems like it might be pretty cool. I feel like I'm in the prefer to be councilor crowd here. Without ever playing a game like this, I feel like I would just get clowned as Jason anyway. I saw some gameplay on twitch during the beta and it definitely caught my attention. It not only seems to have better gameplay elements but also look way better than Dead By Daylight. Even if I'm not great at it, it would seem to be a really fun spectator game for sites like twitch and all. Hopefully the post launch opinions are as good as the anticipation in this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I want to stalk campers through the woods while streaming Roy Orbison songs constantly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmsrO8xpe-w

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'm on the fence currently. I want to see what week 1 impressions are.

Also this thread needs more hype and media and stuff. Post your favorite screenshots, artwork, gameplay video (sans screeching streamers plz)

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Why not create a discord server? Steam groups are ok, but I've had more luck with other games just dropping into discord chat and getting something setup.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
https://discordapp.com/

Basically imagine mumble but a little more streamlined. It's free and you can make chat rooms for game related/ non game related. Makes it easier to find groups in the long run as in my experience with goon steam groups, they start out strong for a week then within a month the chat is dead and only niche groups remain. I have like 10 discord groups in my client and they're always active, vs the 30+ steam goon groups that never have active chat. That would be my recommendation and people are free to do what they want.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I'll work on the discord when i get home.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
OK, I've never made one of these before, so consider this a work in progress. Feel free to message me either in discord or here if you have ideas or anything to contribute.

https://discord.gg/AvqGFbM

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Once you are dead, nobody can hear you except the other dead players.

I like this. It was used in things like COD hardcore mode and made it super tense. Noticing the voice chat has gone silent because you're the last one alive. Then when you choke hearing the chorus of smack talk from your teammates. Discord might be good for grouping but i can see how using discord coms in game could ruin the atmosphere.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Kikkoman

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Whats the consensus on control scheme? Is this something I'll be at a disadvantage using a controller vs a mouse/kb? I'm hoping to play this on my pc from the couch and haven't gotten things setup to use kb/m from there yet.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Snatch Duster posted:

No clue fam. Probably be fine.

Word. Just gotta figure out the mic situation and that's gonna be a hell of a time

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

E.G.G.S. posted:

I'm an old bowl o beans, when did everyone start using "juke"?

Origin and Etymology of juke
probably alteration of English dialect jouk to cheat, deceive

First Known Use: 1967

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/juke

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Just saw this happen in a stream and I was dying.

https://clips.twitch.tv/SweetTriumphantGiraffeGingerPower

Can't wait for Thursday so I can get in on the shenanigans.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Speaking of the discord, any one have any changes they wish could happen? Been kinda overwhelmed at work lately so I haven't had a chance to jump in. I should have the game in the next week or so and will be hoping in with everybody.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Oh man. Might be impulse buying this tonight.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I bought the game. I'm ready to be the worst jason and a ded councilor installing now

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Played 3 games. First game dead in 30 seconds and even the Jason felt bad. Not bad enough to spare me, mind you. Next game we fixed the car in like 5 minutes and escaped with 4. Third game I got ditched as chad. Car stopped long enough so they could see me like 10 feet away and those drat poors left me to die. 10/10

Has anyone had issues with framerate drops happening randomly? I feel like I have a pretty good system, but by the third game I was getting liek 15 fps down from like 70ish.

i5 2500k @ 4.3gHz and a GTX1070. Any config tips appreciated.

also https://steamcommunity.com/id/znorps

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I really like this game. Had some great lobbies with pubs tonight. Some chad role players, and math quiz jason. I feel the game was worth the money.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I plan in hopping in tonight. Have off tomorrow and some tasty beverages. Will probably stream it if my computer cooperates.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Sorry to whoever sent the invite tonight. I was heading out for the night.

In other news I love being Chad and this game rules. Was trying to chad out with the 4 seater while Jason was chasing the other councilors around a cabin. Then all this happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y3nkQ2j-LA

My favorite thing was the other player who was the leather jacket guy was all about staying in character and was playing off my insults about his jacket.

Please excuse my mic clipping, need to get obs to limit for my stupid laugh.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Oh had this happen. I love this game for moments like these. People saying it's an interactive movie are spot on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy2yRRywCX8

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

Oh, you're Dungeons and Dragqueens

We were collectively confused on if you were a Goon or not

Yeah I figured as much. Just picked up the game the other day. I'll be around later tonight so I'll hit you guys up if something is happening.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Guys, thanks for the great games tonight. I really appreciate all the betrayals that enabled me to get 4/8. Can't wait to get back to camp with you all. This game is seriously the most fun I've had in a long time. Hearing jet's accent as he politely dismembered me was a very real highlight.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

So I had a perfect match as Jason 7 today.

Packanack, everything spawned at the big house, and one poor lost soul ran in a random direction directly into my house. I felt bad about killing them, but really, it's Part 7 Jason.

Yeah that was me (Dunegons&DragQueens) I had no idea Jasons shack was that close. Still had a blast. You guys leave no margin for error when you play Jason. The way it should be.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Burk, was streaming last night and highlighted this because lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9FZ2lU7awM

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

You are a hero and a scholar.

The best/worst part was, I had just gotten back and was about to go, but I noticed that there were sound pings coming REAL close to my house. And well, I've been playing with Duster since the game came out, so I'm more than a bit paranoid about people coming to my house. So I look down over the cliff and just see you running your nerd girl rear end off.

Yeah lesson learned. Still pretty new and that's one way to learn where Jason lives.

Slightly unrelated, anyone familiar with OBS care to help me fix the mic issue present in that video? For life of me I can't seem to get the crackling or distortion from happening. It's only in OBS. Doesn't happen with shadowplay.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
There aren't enough tips around to help me from running headlong into Jason's or driving my car into buildings

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
^^^^^
Seriously. Tinfoil is just a terror, but he's helped me up my game against most pubbie Jason's. I feel like if I can make some progress I'm doing pretty well, but I know I'm just delaying the inevitable. His right up is legit helpful for dealing with his bloodlust.

Had a good round of NES Jason tonight with Spooky. Borrowed heavily from ScaryTerry's goofy noise he makes. Also surprise ending, and a pub that doesn't like left clicks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKgprbGtVjI

I realized I think I'm putting traps too close to cars and I need to get way further in front of cars when I morph. I'm also up for any other criticisms to up my teenage murderin' game.

Inside Out Mom fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jun 27, 2017

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I play at 1920 x 1200 and I found the best solution is just use a background pic. I need to make a more appropriate boarder for f13. Eventually I plan on getting a 144hz monitor and will probably go with 16x9 so I won't have to worry about it.

Fruit Soup Riot posted:

I do believe I just made a Jason ragequit simply because I shook him as the fat guy.

Playing as Eric, and 15 seconds into the game I've got Jason on my rear end, beelining and calling me a "bitch." I promptly give him poo poo for it--"big man, spawned on top of the fat guy"--but to no avail. He immediately starts swinging away and doing damage. Corned in a cabin, I whiff on a flare gun shot but inexplicably manage to juke him in the doorway and make a temporary getaway. He's on me again, I somehow manage to stun him with a machete (?). At this point, I'm injured and at full fear. I limp outside and duck in a corner to take advantage of my stealth and build up my stamina. "Hey, hey... where are you?" The Jason music keeps going, intensifying, but I am not catching sight of him. I am waiting for a the shift. I sit there, waiting... waiting... waiting...

"YOU SURVIVED"

I had a Jason waste close to 8 minutes on me as Deb. I kept juking and dodging and eventually was able to repair and call the cops. Then I got too cocky and tried to hide under a bed and paid for it. Eventually 4 people escaped during that time. I felt like I still won that round.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Phyresis posted:

Essential Perks

Thick Skinned: Take less damage from all incoming attacks. the best perk in the game. completely necessary. it doesn't just apply to "attacks", it reduces the damage from climbing through broken windows, falling damage, trap damage, you name it.

Medic: Get two uses from each Medical Spray. Also increases healing when using a Medical Spray. imo this is the second best perk in the game. the combination of Thick Skinned and Medic is unreal at keeping you alive. One spray is all you need for most matches to stay fresh, which is why I always find three immediately. the increased healing is irrelevant but i wouldn't use one with any amount of the % damage taken penalty, gently caress that

Notes

Marathon: Increases your total Stamina. obviously only worthwhile on the three high Stamina counselors: Nessa, Tiff, Buggs. Tho Buggzy should be kitted out for fighting so he probably doesn't have room for it

Melee build: Heavy Hitter is pretty sick for stunning Jason, especially in combination with Swift Attacker.

Stealth build: Homebody + Level Headed + Low Profile: if you crouch in a cabin you have a hilariously high chance to dodge Sense entirely, like you don't show up on that usage. Best on AJ so she can go fix the power box when he breaks it. darkness will kill you

Grease Monkey would be pretty loving good if it worked.

My Dad's A Cop is less good in goon games because Jason tends to massively trap the phone box in our meta.

most of the other perks suck but there are some traps that need to be mentioned

Firecracker/Hypochondriac/Preparedness/Psychic/Slugger are not good. Crackers aren't even good, like I want to carry one in my ideal setup but Jason can just blockwalk right through them, the best usage is to throw them right before he grabs you and hope they stun him then. There's a medical spray in literally every large cabin and usually one in a deathtrap cabin, there's fucken two or three of them in the public bathroom. The more you play the game the less you need the map, especially when you learn where the map kiosks are. There are walkie-talkies loving e v e r y w h e r e and tbqh it's not that useful if we're using voice comms.

those are arguable but what is inarguable is that the perks that make you complete actions faster will GLITCH YOU THE gently caress OUT. and not in a good way. Never use the perks that make you barricade, repair, or ESPECIALLY climb through windows faster or you will be in for a bad time. That window poo poo will ruin that match for you immediately, like you're hosed until it ends

THANK YOU. I've been making some bad perk choices so this is helpful. Got a red medic perk which is nice though. Had a blast with you guys last night. Had a few drinks before I got on which probably contributed to me dying within 2 minutes each round but still laughed my rear end off at ScaryTerry clowning Jason.

Might be playing quite a bit this weekend as it looks like my camping trip is going to be nixxed due to rain.

So how does everyone feel about a "gentleman's agreement" about discord? Like if you get Jason you gotta mute and deafen yourself until the round is over or something? Someone did that last night and I think it's a good idea.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I enjoy both. I can see how not using discord helps the game, as you can't tell a living councilor important info if you're dead. But having everyone giving me tips when I randomed into Jason 7 was super helpful. Also hearing people clown on each other always has me laughing my rear end off. Maybe make some strict rules about dead councilors not helping or something?

And WoodrowSkillson get yourself a pc and come play with us. If 1 or two more people join up we'll have two full groups every night.s

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Ok thats fair.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Chances are if Burk is giving you advice, chances are it's for the good of the entertainment of himself and the group, not your health.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

ComposerGuy posted:

Pub game about an hour ago.

The Jason is a little below average but whatever. It's Packanack and of course the 4-seater and phone have both spawned at the lodge, so Jason has spent basically the whole game just camping around it. We're down to four counselors. Two of them are up by the boat, and me and a Bugsy are at Packanack juking and trying to get the phone going.

So over walkie I hear "Hey if anyone has gas bring it up to the boat and we can all get away".

Well, I know from looking at the map that there are 2 guys up there, and they're just sitting by the boat. It's pretty clear they're hoping me or Bugsy don't realize the boat won't seat more than 2.

But hey, guess who just found the gas?

Me. As Chad.

So I say into the walkie "No, no you guys go ahead and take the boat, it's fine", and I know I'm within earshot of Jason. I hear back "Dude I just said we need the gas fir...OH poo poo".

Jason had teleported over and starts chasing them down. I saunter over to the boat while he's chasing them through cabins, casually put the gas in the boat, start her up, and ride off into the sunrise.

Right before I'm at the exit I walkie "Hey! I found the gas! And also a boat!"

The curses ring in my headset. Chad rides again.

Should be back from my road trip tomorrow mid day. My camping trip got canceled due to the north east getting a huge storm this weekend. I plan on drinking many drinks and playing F13 a lot. <3

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Yardbomb posted:

You don't have to lie to us Inside Out Mom, you're among friends here, you just didn't want to run the risk of getting sleeping bagged.

no lie. 8 year old me was freaked the gently caress out at the sleeping bag kill for a looooooooong time growing up. but now as an adult with all the bills and debt, i embrace it.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
So apparently today was gently caress with Dungeons day. Made a vid. Sorry I wasn't able to get back on. Had to be a dad and by the time I got back you all were done for the day it seems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10RxcsPYt0I

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

I was your friend in that set up man

Though the video missed all of my trying to friend with you stuff

This is true. I cut a bunch of poo poo out because it was starting to get long. You were my right hand man. if only driving the car into the lake killed everyone.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Mess with the dungeon, gonna have fun-geon.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

I'm watching your archive video

I FORGOT

That was the same goddamn match that I stole Terry's boat right in front of him after ensuring the phone got called with my body

loving Christ that was a good match.

True. I'll try to highlight that tomorrow. If Terry hadn't escaped, I would have expected nothing but his ire for you the next round.

And Kelp, yeah it's like the video game gods dropped a nice gift in my lap.

gently caress double post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Burkion posted:

You missed it, but a little while later I got to be Part 9 Jason, and decided to win the day by being really friendly. So I made a deal with Terry pretty early on- if he got in the car, he could get out. If he wanted to, he could run over some people. I ignored the two seater entirely because who gives a poo poo about the two seater, which Dancer then trolled the poo poo out of them with before escaping on his own.

Terry was the only other one to escape. My phone remained untouched.

I only had to kill three people. The rest, the rest found the car.

We also had a good old fashioned witch hunt where some one was lying about having the keys until I punched them out of them.

I loving love this game. Especially with you guys.

• Locked thread