Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
*sits down at a fancy, lace-draped dinner table*

Well, let's see what this book is about

*opens book, which fountains period blood everywhere*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I look forward to watching Chelsea continue the family traditions when she is beaten in 2020 by Baron Trump or a house plant in a tie.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Wow, that article. Democrats have failed so utterly in their service to the common man and become so out of touch that they're actually admitting it. "Yeah, gently caress you, we rigged the primaries. But that's our right."

That's endgame IDpol, though. "gently caress you, we know better". And they knew better so hard that Donald Johnald Trump became the president of the united states.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

The dude isn't smart, but he has a low animal cunning, for sure. You have to acknowledge that his managing to outplay Hillary, who really should have known better, shows that you shouldn't take him lightly. Everyone's so hesitant to give the guy praise for fear that they'll sound like they like him, but if you don't acknowledge that he managed to snake the presidency out from under the entire establishment because they sassed him at a dinner party, then you deserve it when that little orange goblin bites your fingers off.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Blue Train posted:

He pulled similar numbers as Romney, Democrats stayed home. It's Hillary's fault she lost

Which is to say, Hillary played herself

Oh, no doubt. A potted plant could have won against Hillary's campaign, but don't forget that he basically ran away with the republican nomination, too. Out of spite. The dude didn't just wrest the presidency form her, he wrested it from the rest of the Republican party who had tons of others who had politically groomed for decades for their shot at nomination AND her. Out of spite. I don't think a bear is particularly smart or witty but I'll avoid the hell out of it all the same.

If wrote intelligence was all it took to play politics, you'd see a lot of different faces in power.

theres a will theres moe posted:

I wouldn't call Trump witty. His constant petty attacks sounded like a kid arguing with middle school classmates. He has nothing meaningful to say, and it's impossible to engage against that for the same reasons you don't argue with an eight year old

Yeah, but all the cool clever speakers are dead. Given the time money and resources necessary, I'm willing to bet an actual orange clown could become president.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

How much will Hilldawg and co pay him for it? :smuggo:

*scrambles crazily to register hillary2024.com*

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Rutibex posted:

when is the last time you think Bill ever touched Hillary in a sexual way? i bet more than 2 decades

She sees herself in the mirror, clothed in the dim sodium lamplight boring into the dark of her bedroom. Bill is snoring, and though she is tired, she cannot sleep. When she closes her eyes she sees herself as she is in the mirror, and so she is here at the actual mirror, staring at the little imperfections that age had accumulated on and within her. The little weaknesses, the bitter droop of her breasts, the bags under her eyes that had sunk low under the pressure of the campaign. She had been a woman once, and whole- but that was long ago, and now she was a icon. Stainless and clothed in glory, a saint pitted against a leering orange imp for whom there could be spared no concern.

And tomorrow, the eighth, her transfiguration would be complete. And Bill, thoughtless Bill, faithless Bill... perhaps now that it was her turn, he would see. Yes, he would see. And when he understood, he would grab HER by the pussy, and all at last, would be well. She'd make him do it. She'd be a star.

And so she went to bed, to dream of the prophesy's fulfillment, and sublime rest came over her.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

"Kneel," said her second head, in the Language of Command that all men obey.

He strained to move, cried out with the effort of it, but his body obeyed as it always did when she unleashed the ancient abyssal tongues upon them.

"Speak again of your criticisms of us" She said, in the merciful thousand-voiced wail. A tendril rose and pushed itself cleanly into his forehead, forcing the young man's gaze right up to hers. Tears spilled from his eyes, while blood wept in silent lines down his nose.

"It's just- you see, my lord, I--"

"We will not hear your bleating, filth of Adam. Unto our altar were you brought, and under our throne shall you serve. Like the potter's clay, you are molded to our will alone. If it is so easy for you to harbor dominion over your kinflesh, then we command you. Speak."

His mouth began to shriek, finally winning free of his mind and sanity. He gibbered then like the voices in his dreams, matching their swelling tide as his feverish mind recalled them. Mook. Podesta. The debate coaches and staff. Calling out into an uncaring void the name of HER, like a chorus of mutilated children, like the cries of an animal boiled alive. Insanity is God's final mercy, and though he had long since abandoned his children, the young man was grateful to the Almighty Father as the wild darkness took him. His vision slid apart while his eyes rolled in two different directions, and granted him precious darkness.

Beyond the veil of the altar, behind the podium, Hillary sat in repose, hideous appendages crossed.

"Wrong." she said. "Do it better."

FisheyStix fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 3, 2017

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Chomp8645 posted:

"I just can't live in this brave new world where men are kissing on other men! I embrace the abyss!"

- Children, apparently.

"I DIDN'T VOTE FOR THIS!!!!"

-a 17 year old

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Berniewood half one.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Graceful, like the leaping of a diarrhetic gazelle.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

phasmid posted:

I didn't realize you could open the ark of the covenant in counterstrike.

You can but the prices for keys are nuts and it probably just has a crappy AK skin anyway

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I believe that the expense of united states Healthcare has inadvertently helped fund research into new medicine, equipment and techniques that have benefited the whole world and made Healthcare cheaper in parts of the world where research and development aren't financially feasible.

I also believe that if anything bad ever happens to me I will never, ever escape my debt and I will die in the streets. I want real universal health care before my life is literally ended by a car crash or a cat scratch or plain bad luck or something.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I am grateful. There's hardly a better place in the world to go if you want cutting edge care, and there are a lot of things medicine can do for me here that would be difficult or even totally impossible in other parts of the world. I just wish it didn't cost so much.

Blue Train posted:

Medical research actually receives a lot of federal funding hth

It does, which is good! But the extra funds our Healthcare model generates does put money toward R&D that the rest of the world can share in. Not all of the money goes there, obviously, there are pockets to be lined after all. I'll see if I can't find the article I read where some Canadian medical researcher was talking about the way America's Healthcare model makes Healthcare cheaper in other parts of the world.

Now that's not an endorsement of our current system. Just a small silver lining. I would much rather see real universal Healthcare and increased federal funding for medical research, but as long as I'm wishing, I'd like a jet pack and a private island. UHC seems way more attainable, thankfully.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Accretionist posted:

Am I selling anyone? "Populism," alone isn't getting it done.

*takes a deep draw off a pipe, leans back and adjust smoking jacket*

But what of....

*exhales a huge plume of smoke*

The racism? :smuggo:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

SickZip posted:

leaked preview of new democratic party plan going forward:
-cut off all party funding to congressional races outside of new york and california
-use money saved to construct giant pyramid in the Hamptons as mortuary complex for hillary
-upon Hillary's death, loyal democratic party members will be given the honor of being entombed alive with Her so that they may serve in the next life

The spell, which praises the pharaoh as living incarnation of the crocodile god, reads:

"Hillary is Sobek, green of plumage, with alert face and raised fore, the splashing one who came from the thigh and tail of the great goddess in the sunlight ... Hillary has appeared as Sobek, Neith's son. Hillary will eat with her mouth, Hillary will urinate and Hillary will copulate with her penis. Hillary is lord of semen, who takes husbands from their women to the place Hillary likes according to her heart's fancy."

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

How did she convince people to do this for her?? In all her time campaigning, all Hillary convinced me of was that, when she comes for me, no false "god" will offer sanctuary from her ravening jaws

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Alienwarehouse posted:

The H logo itself looked like some corporate branding that left a sour taste in people's mouths. An 'H' with an arrow pointing ~forward~? :hurr:

I looked at that logo and I said "That is literally 9/11. A red arrow flying into two high straight structures."

Hillary didn't just manage to gently caress up. She tried to get me to buy into her campaign with a logo depicting, for a lot of Americans, the worst terror attack in the history of their lives.

It doesn't matter what your race, creed, ideology philosophy or what-have-you is. If you don't find that really funny then you totally loving blow as a person

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Nice meltdown

Thank you!

I also like that the arrow was moving to the right, to imply progress. But it could also be taken as "I am moving things further right".

It was a very silly logo.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

I legit want a lady president soon, because we should break those boundaries down, but there must be a candidate with quality. Merely settling for just anyone, including someone as crooked as hillary clinton, is not acceptable. Sorry to the affluent baby boomer 2nd wave feminists who were ready to settle for whoever came along, but settling for a lovely president for a symbolic victory is completely stupid and insane.

Yeah dude, how awful would it be if we elected a minority president for the first time in our nation's history and they turned out to somehow be even more of an old white man than the last old white man?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

I guess someone who is a brain dead retard might feel better about their lovely decisions!!!!

Same. :smith:

Women deserve a president that's at least going to treat them as more than a talking point, and there are a few really good women politicians out there that just have no shot in hell thanks to her.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

L'Tromp avec baguette

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

just lol if u think american policy has anything to do with its citizens

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I feel like American girls can do a little better than Hillary. Have you considered the merits of, say, a female human being like them?

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

When the gay flag is reversed, it represents the taking on of a burden, rather than being freed from one as the upright flag suggests. Of course, it's place in the drawing provides context for this burden, and so the prediction in this picture is rather hard to determine without knowing what other major/minor arcana might have come up for Trump.

Source: I'm a wiener man who likes wieners

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Power_of_the_glory posted:

What if the gay flag has goldfringes? Would that place me under gay admiralty law? Any gay sovereign citizens know how this works?

All you have to do is come to the People's Empire of North Iowan Sovereignty and we will teach you all you can handle :wink:

The Landstander posted:

(also I like your avatar and always watch a loop or two when you post, good work)

Thanks! A friend on these very forums helped me out with it, and she did a great job! :)

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

*A quiet bar in the early hours of the evening, all golden with the light of the setting sun. A piano plays languid jazz, and quiet conversation abounds in a low and peaceful waves, louder, and then softer. The bartender cleans a glass, and watches the television with a customer.

BARTENDER: Well hell, that's it. Looks like Don ran away with it after all.

MAN: He sure did. Crafty orange bastard. He had us all fooled, right to the end.

*The man takes up a shot, downs it and shudders.*

MAN: Guess you can't always believe the polls. It's a hell of an upset, Mike. Are you, Laney and the kids gonna be alright?

BARTENDER: Yeah, I s'pose. He ain't gonna do anything to us the last coupla guys wouldn't have. How'bout you, though? How are you feeling?

MAN: Hey, Mike, don't you go worrying about me. I have things figured out ok, and besides, I have a huge loving penis.

BARTENDER: A huge loving penis?

MAN: Yeah, its huge. Want to see it?

BARTENDER: Nah. I promised Laney I'd cut it out. I'm not in the penis game no more.

MAN: Well if you ever wanna see it, you just ask. It's huge.

BARTENDER: Well hell, maybe some other time. Can I get you one more before you go?

MAN: Well, alright,

*The man turns around, and his penis unspools- it is upsetting and huge, flopping around with the natural dignity of a king, or winged Pegasus, who bore great heroes to their destined course. He is aged, but noble and in his eyes glimmers a splinter of hope, a broken prism dashed across the starscape of his peaceful gaze, but not beyond hope of refraction. His penis is really loving big and it knocks over several glasses as he turns.*

BARTENDER: Hahaha, I guess you will, old friend. Guess it's true what they said about you.

BERNIE SANDERS: And what do they say, Mike?

BARTENDER: When it came to general erections, Bernie would have one.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

So I checked out this Tulsi Gabbard and what the gently caress? Why the hell doesn't the democrats just tell Clinton to gently caress off somewhere and go 100 % for Gabbard? I mean she's a veteran, seems competent, is ethnic, is very attractive and seems like she actually have some integrity.

I don't think you understand. This is "politics" we're talking about. You can take your fancy French words like "integrity" and gently caress right off out of my America!! :mad:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if, when you get a certain amount of money, someone shows up and gives you a magic whistle that summons a magical tornado of child rape to whisk you off to kiddley diddly land Mario 3 style.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I didn't know it was possible to laugh as hard as I did when the whole DNC leak happened and everyone behind Hillary poo poo their pants, not because they had been fraudulently accused of anything, but merely because they had been exposed. drat YOU FOR REVEALING THE TRUTH ABOUT US, they shouted from the rooftops, bizarrely making no attempt to claim that the leak was false or in any way fabricated.

You know your country is in for hilarious times when your politicians even forget how to lie about poo poo.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

*the force ghost of bernie's victory smiles and nods approvingly*

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

every time someone whines about Trump being president I pause thoughtfully, place my fingers on my chin in thoughtful repose. Gazing skyward, I sigh and utter, "You know, bernie would have beaten him, I think." Satisfied I smile and make eye contact with them before leaving the vicinity humming a dead kennedy's song

"BUT" they scream after you "BUT WHAT!! ABOUT!! WHAT ABOUT THE BROWN PEOPLE!? WHAT ABOUT WOMS?! AND! AAAUGH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUGHNGH, FUUUUCK FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK"

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

I could have sworn Sarah Silverman disappeared from our reality once people stopped believing in her.

Why couldn't I have been right? :(

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

It only takes one boner jam to get interested in a doctor's opinion imo

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Yug posted:

Remember when Vilerat's mother went on tv and the the Republican convention too even and demanded hillary answer for lying about her son's death??

I remember that and I remember the hillarymen all calling her certain misogynist slurs and how she was a horrible person for grieving over the loss of her son.

Truly, Her victory would have been a triumph for women everywhere. There's no way women deserved better than Her.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

basic hitler posted:

Run people under one of the parties people will vote for retards :colbert:

Counterpoint: kill and eat one or both parties.

Preferably both. :getin:

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Well tell me this, smartyman, how are the republicans doing on the subnautical level, hmmmM????

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Edit: i too am snart

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Gammatron 64 posted:

It was.

There were multiple articles calling him a misogynist.

https://www.dailydot.com/unclick/ghostbusters-reboot-movie-critic-refuses-to-review/
http://www.avclub.com/article/ghostbusters-frozen-and-strange-entitlement-fan-cu-237139
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/18/the-soft-sexism-of-hating-on-the-new-ghostbusters

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/19/fashion/ghostbusters-internet-attacks.html

https://heatst.com/entertainment/angry-video-game-nerd-james-rolfe-will-be-right-about-ghostbusters-being-terrible/

Ultimately, James won in the end by not even responding to the people who attacked him. People did hit pieces on him and I know a few people who weren't familiar with him who didn't watch the video all the way through and thought he was a sexist because various news articles said so.

Say whatever else you want about the guy, the dude can navigate the waters of scandal with a steady hand. It's not everyone who's so devoted to his craft that he shrugs off people who go for the throat like that- I mean, these are the same people who broke jontron and any number other impious minor celebs. They can get nasty and loud. But ol James is here for the movies and the movies alone, and I really respect that. It's a trait that I frankly envy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

Dapper_Swindler posted:

pretty much. it just petty poo poo shows where a bunch of didactic idpol jerk offs screaming at each other over stupid poo poo.

idk bioware is owned by EA and they have tons of gay people in them. but they are bioware so gay characters are really awful.

ftfy

• Locked thread